The Offical Saturday Night Live Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
im all for this, I don't think Mulaney is gut rippingly funny, but hes funny, and he has already been on weekend update many times in the past as a special appearance

Hader leaving is a gigantic blow. Seth Meyers going makes me sad. Didn't care much for Sudeikis or Armisen. But wow. That's a lot of departures.

It happens every so often, when the cast goes through a generational change.

Seth Meyers will be on SNL until after the Christmas Holidays.

So without Hader, Sudeikis, Armisen and Meyers, out of the current cast that would leave:

Kenan Thompson
Bobby Moynihan
Jay Pharaoh
Taran Killam
Tim Robinson
Kate McKinnon
Nasim Pedrad
Cecily Strong
Aidy Bryant
Vanessa Bayer

Maybe it won't be so bad. Sure, they'll add a few new cast members, but out of all of the current cast, I think Tim Robinson is the only weak link.

So without Hader, Sudeikis, Armisen and Meyers, out of the current cast that would leave:

Kenan Thompson
Bobby Moynihan
Jay Pharaoh
Taran Killam
Tim Robinson
Kate McKinnon
Nasim Pedrad
Cecily Strong
Aidy Bryant
Vanessa Bayer

Maybe it won't be so bad. Sure, they'll add a few new cast members, but out of all of the current cast, I think Tim Robinson is the only weak link.

Thompson would be the longest tenured cast member.

I will really miss Hader and Sudeikis, but they will both have a movie career waiting. I love Armisen, but it feels like he has just phoning it in for the last couple seasons.

With the veterans leaving, the show has a sold, though not spectacular, core of young players to keep the show going. Kate MacKinnon is terrific, and I think we will see awesome things coming out of Taran Killam and Vanessa Bayer too once the show becomes "theirs" after the veterans leave.

In some ways, the number of potentially strong female cast members right now kind of reminds me of the beginnings of the 2001-2005 era, when you had a group of previously little-known performers become what would be the SNL "dream team" of female comedians (Fey, Poehler, Dratch, Rudolph and, for a short period, Gasteyer).

For those that did not watch the Office Series finale, Hader and Meyers made a guest appearance.

I love the send offs they do for cast members that are leaving. They aren't heavy on comedy but are very touching for regular viewers of the show. I noticed a few tears from cast members at the "good night".

This send off was a lot better done, IMO, than the Wiig one last year. It was like they shoved that one down our throats, where this one was just the guys doing something special for them.

Great finale!

tumblr_inline_mn1sff2WmT1qe7mne.gif

tumblr_inline_mn1sgmcq9u1qe7mne.gif

I thought the gay camp stuff was funny

tumblr_inline_mn1qjywLpR1qe7mne.gif
tumblr_inline_mn1qmwcAI31qe7mne.gif

tumblr_inline_mn1qnxz4iT1qe7mne.gif
tumblr_inline_mn1qor8QsB1qe7mne.gif

tumblr_inline_mn1qphcyrs1qe7mne.gif

Thats the last time we will see Stefon on a regular basis and i thought that was a great sendoff for him. Very hilarious. Hope he stops by occasionally

I didnt realize Kanye had new material. That music was awful though. I guess the second song was better but man I was left thinking WTF after he screamed through the first

I hope Aidy and Kate get bumped up to main cast status next season. They did great here. Dont really have an opinion on the other two

Last edited:
Kate McKinnon has some great impersonations. Her Ellen DeGeneres is pretty accurate.

And from the look of things yesterday, it looks like Sudekis hasn't made up his mind yet.

Affleck wasn't good. But this show was all about showcasing Hader and Armisen (and maybe Sudeikis too, if he is leaving?), so I guess it didn't matter.

The Stefon wedding was epic. Hilarious and moving at the same time.

The sendoff at the end was cool. Armisen will be missed, but I'm really going to miss Bill Hader. He's been my favorite cast member for a few years now. I hope he's in more movies now.

Affleck wasn't good. But this show was all about showcasing Hader and Armisen (and maybe Sudeikis too, if he is leaving?), so I guess it didn't matter.

The Stefon wedding was epic. Hilarious and moving at the same time.

The sendoff at the end was cool. Armisen will be missed, but I'm really going to miss Bill Hader. He's been my favorite cast member for a few years now. I hope he's in more movies now.

Having done five movies with that group, I'd expect more films with the Judd Apatow crop of actors from him. Also, his wife is a filmmaker and has a role in her next movie. He won't be lacking work. I have read he's looking to move to Los Angeles.

With all those guys leaving...they really need to find better male talent. The new guy won't amount to anything, maybe even gone next year. Killian, Bobby and Kenan will be the go-to's and hopefully Jay will be given some more to do than impressions.

With all those guys leaving...they really need to find better male talent. The new guy won't amount to anything, maybe even gone next year. Killian, Bobby and Kenan will be the go-to's and hopefully Jay will be given some more to do than impressions.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. There has got to be a black woman who can impress Lorne enough to have a role on the show. She would need to play Michelle Obama whenever Maya Rudolph is pregnant (which seems to be a lot these days).

Maya is the most successful black woman to ever be a cast member on Saturday Night Live and she's considered more Mixed than black (which is why she can easily play white characters with no problem).

Wouldn't mind seeing an Asian out there too...just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"