The NCIS Thread - Part 2

Tonight's episode of NCIS: LA sure felt like they were setting up the potential of multiple characters leaving, likely due to contracts for many of the actors being up at the end of the season. I'd say this season has felt a bit disjointed due to having no real leadership for the team, with Linda Hunt injured and Moseley leaving after cleaning up her mess from Mexico. If Hunt doesn't plan on coming back full-time next season, they need to find some sort of replacement.
I haven't seen the most recent episode but it does feel like the entire season has been building to this. The entire NCIS franchise is running on fumes these days. It's gotten to the point I barely keep up with them and sometimes am three or even four episodes behind.

I haven't seen the most recent episode but it does feel like the entire season has been building to this. The entire NCIS franchise is running on fumes these days. It's gotten to the point I barely keep up with them and sometimes am three or even four episodes behind.
well that's been the case with the first one with me at least.

I've been dropping off a bit. and NCIS N.O. has been too much focus on pride at time but it was interesting seeing a field supervisor go wild like he did. but i dropped of from for a bit too. mostly stuck to the la one but I think that also had to do with work with too.

So now they've got Catherine Bell showing up on NCIS: LA and it sounds like this arc is planned to span the final two episodes this season and the first two next season. They tried a year or so to fit them in but the storylines they were doing at the time didn't fit so great to see them show up now. It'd be great if they could get Chegwidden to show up also.

Catherine Bell To Reprise Her “Mac” Character On ‘NCIS: Los Angeles’; Could ‘JAG’ Reboot Be In the Cards?

well that good to hear she's coming back . though I was hoping for more a wolrd wide cross over with macguyver , H 50, Magnum PI , and NCIS LA . and scorpion(<<yes that died from poor chose from the writers and where they took those character) . since the Home land agent was a Marine. and they are inthe same universe . I was also hoping the center point would be Magnum on a case that involved all that. but if the NCIS show's are going away.....

it would have also been interesting to see macguyver work with sam and for the latter to tell them it was like working both jack & Macggerret during his seal days

NCIS: Los Angeles First Look: JAG Vet Catherine Bell Reboots Mac for Finale
ncis-la-season-10-finale-jag-mac.jpeg

The JAG reunion will be the season finale. So if I followed the typical convoluted plot right a National Guardsman working for the DEA on the border is found dead. But since she was a Marine while on active duty NCIS took the case. We find out she interpreted something from ISIS on the Mexican border.

Meanwhile her National Guard boss is a Chechen who is married to a Canadian but Russian sleeper agent and is part of a cell getting ready to attack US military basis. Including our largest aircraft carrier which the ex JAG Harmon Rabb is the XO of. And when the NCIS Agent aboard that aircraft carrier needs help the first to go has to fly from LA to the Middle East instead of reinforcing him with help closer by but he is murdered before our guys can get there.

The JAG reunion will be the season finale. So if I followed the typical convoluted plot right a National Guardsman working for the DEA on the border is found dead. But since she was a Marine while on active duty NCIS took the case. We find out she interpreted something from ISIS on the Mexican border.

Meanwhile her National Guard boss is a Chechen who is married to a Canadian but Russian sleeper agent and is part of a cell getting ready to attack US military basis. Including our largest aircraft carrier which the ex JAG Harmon Rabb is the XO of. And when the NCIS Agent aboard that aircraft carrier needs help the first to go has to fly from LA to the Middle East instead of reinforcing him with help closer by but he is murdered before our guys can get there.
yeah I saw it the day after I'm till confused why Rabb's an XO he's captain but an Xo and not a commodore or any of the lower admiral's ?

Cathern bell's character was a colonel when the show ended so she should be general now of one of the lower ones. any way it's good to see them but I'd think gibb's would show up over this since the original NCIS Spun off From jag.

There isn't really any explanation necessary. On JAG Captain Rabb left the JAG Corps twice, once to return to Naval Aviation when his CAG (commander of the air wing) recommended returning to JAG for his career and the other time to fly for the CIA. By making Captain there really isn't much of a move up or get thrown out career game left to play. Although Captains and Commanders are now being forced off active duty in real life

So sometime after making Captain and going to Europe as a JAG he again returned to aviation. And as we return to Harmon Rabb's story he is the XO, not the Captain, of an USN aircraft carrier. Most carriers having at least 4 Captains aboard now, the CO, XO, CAG, and Engineer for the nuclear power plant. And often another Captain on a task force Admiral's staff.

Now the question is since he made it to Captain why has he not been forced into the reserves after 15 years? The same would go for Colonel MacKenzie, the real or easiest explanation is that she retired. But real life is after all those exploits we saw on JAG means neither one of them would pass the political filter for flag, Admiral/General rank.

Was wondering if they were going anywhere with Bishop's earlier storyline. I'd heard/read rumors of the comeback but was pleasantly surprised that they were able to pull it off with minimal leakage.

Im freaking out here. :db::db:
Ziva was my favorite character, i loved her and Tony in the show.
They worked so well, had fantastic chemistry...the character on its own was so likeable.

With NCIS i understood why people could get too attached to characters, i was so sad and all when she left.
So having 100% clarification that she is alive and all is really great and i hope they finish her story this time better...i want her to have a happy end.
Sorry for the fanboy excitement but im really happy.

COVID era production premiere night. LA started out rough. They couldn't even to bother to animate an actual US fighter jet as if they were copywrite protected. And a lot of characters talking to computer screens. The story well it was why I gave up on the show for the most part long ago. It is just a tired old show with cop/spies rapidly aging out of the row that they are supposed to play.

Meanwhile New Orleans decided to stay with current events at the beginning of lockdowns. Not knowing the actual local status of lockdowns I don't know if they will be able to transition and unmask the actors and extras after part II of the season premiere.

Such bad casting already for NCIS: Hawai'i. There had to be plenty of better, well-known actresses to fill the lead role than Lachey. Can't say this is helping build excitement for the show as they're getting absolutely blasted on social media for hiring someone with such a thin resume to be the lead.

I don't know her.
I will reserve final judgment until I see her in the role.

Damn, you got me excited there for a moment.
I heard about the Hawai'i spin off and in that the very vague rumor that they might look to get Tony and Ziva back for that.

So i was a tiny bit excited...before getting disappointed.

Anyway, i might check this one out, i dont know...cast doesnt blow me away, especially when you have a lead that doesnt seem to have a lot of acting history.

Such bad casting already for NCIS: Hawai'i. There had to be plenty of better, well-known actresses to fill the lead role than Lachey. Can't say this is helping build excitement for the show as they're getting absolutely blasted on social media for hiring someone with such a thin resume to be the lead.
It'll probably get a full season pickup despite having low ratings and very little positive feedback.

The whole cast looks dull. Couldn't they have picked some more interesting names?

The only interesting thing at the moment is the location, and even that isn't that interesting since we've seen it multiple times in Hawaii Five-0 and Magnum PI so even that isn't novel.

Mark Harmon is officially leaving the cast but will remain on as an executive producer with maybe an occasional cameo down the line. I have to think the show is ending after this season or next as I just don't see fans staying with it without Harmon leading the team. The ratings the next few episodes will likely determine when it ends.

I though Harmon would never leave as part of the Main Cast, i thought the show would end rather than him leaving.
But from what i gather, his role got significant less in the recent seasons.
However, none of the cast strikes me as strong enough to carry the show...but then, i never felt Gibbs was such a great character to be honest.

Back in the day i mostly watched for Tony and Ziva, never was very interested in Gibbs or the other characters.

I know too little about the last 8-9 seasons and the ratings, so im not sure if that means the show is ending soon.
NCIS always struck me as such a habit show where most tune in because they got used to it.

I left the show when Tony left. I think with Harmon leaving it's close to the end of the line for the show.

I've noticed a trend with CBS shows, they tend to keep their shows running well past their expiration date.

I also thought the series would end with Harmon's exit. He has not 100% left for good but for all intents and purposes, Gibbs is done. Supposedly he may show up in future episodes but after 18 years I can see why he would want to take a break from it.

If this makes it to 20 I'd be surprised. I stopped around season 16 or so I think. When Ziva briefly returned. I just never got back into the show.

So they did New Orleans and Hawaii, but chose LA instead of San Diego...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"