The Offical Saturday Night Live Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL...posts like these are exactly why Kanye and Miley will continue getting called to Anniversary shows, telethons, etc. People don't understand that the more you hate on certain celebrities, the more relevant they become in pop culture.

And the fact that morons eat it up makes me weep for the human race.

^ Who's more moronic: The people who "Eat it up", or the people that go out of their way to complain about celebs they hate on message boards and news sites, causing the media to put out more news articles about said celebrities and put those celebrities on more TV shows because they know they drum up interest, whether positive or negative?

Last edited:
You know, I recently remembered how much I loved Kanye's first album. Say what you will about everything he has done as both a person and an artist over the last ten years, but that College Dropout album is fantastic stuff.

Doesn't change the fact that the guy is still a *****e haha.

You know, I recently remembered how much I loved Kanye's first album. Say what you will about everything he has done as both a person and an artist over the last ten years, but that College Dropout album is fantastic stuff.

Kanye's first three CDs are awesome. It is an awesome trilogy. Then he made 808s and kinda fell off. He tried getting too ambitious after that.

I thought that part was great. It was just awesome to have Bill Murray participate.

yeah it was, and you could see the pain on his face when he announced the In Memorium part. you can tell he really still misses some of these people

^ Who's more moronic: The people who "Eat it up", or the people that go out of their way to complain about celebs they hate on message boards and news sites, causing the media to put out more news articles about said celebrities and put those celebrities on more TV shows because they know they drum up interest, whether positive or negative?

People who eat it up, easily.

Kanye's first three CDs are awesome. It is an awesome trilogy. Then he made 808s and kinda fell off. He tried getting too ambitious after that.

Indeed, indeed. :up: I still have most of his hits from those 3 albums on my workout playlist. How can you not feel motivated with Stronger?! :awesome:

"Larry, are you going to the party?"
"NO! Why would I go to the party?"

Still my favorite part of the special.

People who eat it up, easily.

I disagree with that, but it is what it is.

"My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy" is as good as, if not better, than anything he did on the College Trilogy, IMO. At the very least, its better than "Graduation".

All you guys complaining about Eddie Murphy, did you have you're TV's muted or something? He was jokingly clapping saying "Ooooh, keep it going for Eddie".

I think its clear that he wasn't gonna to be able to do much anyway, especially when he thought they were gonna go to commerical. They did the same thing with Chevy, basically. He (and the other male anchors that showed up) didn't even get to be in the anchor room during the "Weekend Update" segment. Both he and Chevy were essentially supposed to go out, say a little something, and thats it. The only difference with Chevy is that we got a small Garrett Morris gag out of it.

Last edited:
About the SNL Auditions segment:

Out of the guys they showed that auditioned but never ended up joining the cast, four of them ended up hosting the show anyways and two of them were at the show on Sunday.

I can see why Jim Carrey didn't make the cut. I think SNL was probably a little too subdued for his style back then.

With Kevin Hart, his comedy relies on his life experiences and telling stories. Again not something I could see fitting SNL.

I disagree with that, but it is what it is.

I think its clear that he wasn't gonna to be able to do much anyway, especially when he thought they were gonna go to commerical. They did the same thing with Chevy, basically. He (and the other male anchors that showed up) didn't even get to be in the anchor room during the "Weekend Update" segment. Both he and Chevy were essentially supposed to go out, say a little something, and thats it. The only difference with Chevy is that we got a small Garrett Morris gag out of it.

i thought that was part of the gag. Chris rock mentioned the time he went out and had to stretch time and told the your momma joke. i thought that was a nod to that again?

I can see why Jim Carrey didn't make the cut. I think SNL was probably a little too subdued for his style back then.

With Kevin Hart, his comedy relies on his life experiences and telling stories. Again not something I could see fitting SNL.

jim carrey did alright on In Living Color though.
fwiw, when jim carrey hosted in the 90's, it was one of my favorite episodes.

Step away from the bubblejets!

i thought that was part of the gag. Chris rock mentioned the time he went out and had to stretch time and told the your momma joke. i thought that was a nod to that again?

I think Seinfeld had the same kind of commercial miscue at the end of his bit.

When I saw Martin Short, I kept thinking about SCTV.

Anybody notice the major connections the two shows have?

jim carrey did alright on In Living Color though.
fwiw, when jim carrey hosted in the 90's, it was one of my favorite episodes.

Step away from the bubblejets!

It was for the best. In living color > SNL.

When I saw Martin Short, I kept thinking about SCTV.

Anybody notice the major connections the two shows have?

Lorne Michaels has pulled a lot of people out of Second City over the years, dating back to and including the original cast. Aykroyd was talking to Howard Stern about it the other day.

Dakota Johnson was terrific tonight as host. She was one of this season's best for sure. :up:

That ISIS skit at the beginning was hilarious

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"