Fringe Thread - Part 2

So the Observers were all named after Months? Never mind don't tell me. I am just going to catch up on DVD.

Not all Observers were named after the months of the year only the 12 scientists of the first expedition team.

Season 5 and Complete Series DVD/Blu-Ray news

Not really a fan of that cover art. I was hoping it would be the poster image of Olivia, Peter and Walter's faces spray-painted on the wall like Etta's was on the show. This just looks to busy and poorly done.

When are they going to realize that there are fans who could do far superior Photoshop jobs? And they'd gladly do them for free.

It sucks too. All four of the past seasons have had fine covers. It's like they just said "Oh, final season... who will care?"

Finally watched the rest of season 5. Really loved the ending. Was hoping that we could get a glimpse of Walter in the future.

I miss watching this series...
Since it ended I haven't had a reason to tune into Fox....

meh, I fell off the Following after 2 or 3 episodes. It wasn't doing anything for me. Criminal Minds was pushing things more than it felt like that show was.

rewatching the show on netflix and you know...I think it's even better the second time around!!

I'm not so sure just how excited I am for it, but I love that the three screenwriters for the Amazing Spider-Man sequel come from Fringe (Kurtzman and Orci as co-creators, Jeff Pinkner as co-showrunner for the first four seasons). :up:

I recently went back and watched the first season of J.J. Abrams' Fringe to check for plot-holes and just as I thought, air-tight!

Liar, you're just quoting Parks and Rec. :o:up:

DVD/Blu-ray of S5 is coming out on tuesday. I look forward to getting it. I think it'll lend itself much better to watching it all at once, rather than an episode each week. The past seasons had a mix of season-long arc and weekly episodic storylines, but I feel like S5 was entirely set on that one story arc.

I liked the final season somewhat but I just do not dig the idea of the future story. They should have just had the observers show up right after the events of season 4 if anything. I just rewatched season 4 to refresh my self in what all went down and I just do not like some of the directions the show took after season 3. Rewriting the timeline just messed everything up, kinda think Peter came back too quick and they never really explain exactly how he came back into existence. The reveal of William Bell being the mastermind in the penultimate ep is good but again, it's a rewritten timeline and undermines his sacrifice in the season 2 finale which I can forgive, what I can't forgive is how he just escapes and that's that. Maybe I should go ahead and rewatch season 5 as well but I don't remember him showing up at all. And don't even get me started on closing the bridge through universes. Dumbest decision this show ever made. I dunno guys, I just think after season 3 there are a couple directions they could have taken this entire story and not only had kept it fresh but interesting enough to probably last another 2 seasons longer than it did. How awesome would it have been if Peter had been turned into an Observer like everyone thought after that Comic-con video of all the auditions with Peter looking like one at the end. And throughout the whole season he keeps popping up and he doesn't even remember who he was just like everyone else but after a bit Olivia's cortexiphan starts to make her remember the real Peter. That's just an example of where I think they could have gone. I'll always love this show but I just do not like some of the directions the story took overall. Plus, lots and lots of filler. One good thing about season 5 was how streamlined the narrative was. I do miss this show though. Be a long time before we see something this great again

I'm in agreement about not liking where the show went after season 3 finale. I still haven't bought seasons 4&5, and I don't plan to. The series finale was one of the biggest anti climactic let downs I've experienced in a show.

Some of season 4 is great and the cast more than makes up for the crappy story direction but yea, it just totally got away from what made it great, namely the parallel universe storyline. The Observers becoming the main villains was stupid. Should've never said they were from the future. At least not just 600 years in the future. They should have been like a possible evolutionary branch for humanity or something. Instead we got The Marked from The 4400 all over again after 4 seasons of building up their mystique. The Observers should have been Fringe's version of Jacob and The MIB from Lost, completely mysterious with just enough explanation to give us a clue but nothin too concrete. Explaining every bit about them stripped them of everything that made them special. Hell they could have just been entities that exist outside of time or that they just aren't dimensionally bound like us but nope. ****ing emotionless future terrorists/wannabe dictators. So lame.

I'm in agreement about not liking where the show went after season 3 finale. I still haven't bought seasons 4&5, and I don't plan to. The series finale was one of the biggest anti climactic let downs I've experienced in a show.

That's a bit much... :o

I also, for one, loved the re-written timeline. You got to bring out shades in the characters that you wouldn't have been able to before. A Walternate not driven by hate, Nina being like a mother to Olivia, etc.

That's a bit much... :o

I also, for one, loved the re-written timeline. You got to bring out shades in the characters that you wouldn't have been able to before. A Walternate not driven by hate, Nina being like a mother to Olivia, etc.

Nah, I know we've both heard that hyperbole around here for finales like BSG and Lost, but I was genuinely let down with the finale of Fringe. Especially after the writers said it was the most ambitious tv finale they had seen and they couldn't believe they pulled it off. Pfft...it wasn't even on the level of some of Fringe's best moments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"