The Offical thread to Vent if need be.

Reaction score
Mission Statement:

This thread in no shape or form is meant as a bashing thread. Who ever this thread is meant for people to vent and talk about how they are displeased with either the way the show is going, character devlopment, sotrylines or shows they disliked with out being bashed for doing so. I know this is a Smallville board but not everyone is pleased with how the show is going and should be allowed to express that with out having the thread closed or getting banned. I have seen some people express their views on SR either here or Bluetights and they don't close your threads you may have to defend you views but you still get to state them. But also to the posters who do vent their anger over the show or dislikes please do it in a respectful way so that you don't offend anyone either.

AAlso all views are welcome for a debate (just as long as they don't get heated).

This isn't going to work, All Star...

Nice thought and a noble effort, but I think threads like this have been closed before.

Just saying...

*shrug*

I hate how the Dolphins never win the Superbowl. Marino got jipped his whole career because that team kept letting him down. He deserved a Superbowl ring, but never got one!

Poor Dan Marino!:( :mad: :down

we're doing it this year!

i heard marino caught pneumonia and was recently hospitalized, well nich saban went to see him and marion told saban, that one day, they'll have a real hard game and it wont look like the fins will be able to pulli out. that saban should pull the team together and tell them to win one for the gipper. marino said he didnt know whered hed be, but that hed know theyd win.

I also hate how Hot Dogs come in packs of ten, but Hot Dog buns come in packs of eight! I mean, does that make sense to anyone, what do you do with the two extra Hot Dogs? It's just stupid!:mad: :down

triplet said:
This isn't going to work, All Star...

Nice thought and a noble effort, but I think threads like this have been closed before.

Just saying...

*shrug*
I understand but the problem is no one is allowed to express their views unless it is one of

1. SV is a great show
2. TW is great or hot or is Superman
3. This is the best season yet
4. Welling has real muscles unlike a certin guy in a padded suit

The only thing people here allowed to express anger over is Lana and thats not fair. I mean I love the show but I think there are alot of things wrong with it right now and would love to express how I feel over the show but when ever you do someone runs and goes gets the mods and say your trolling when really your just expressing the view from the other side. I am not trying to start something but all I am saying is its better to have one place where you can voice how you are displeased with somethings in the show then for it to spil out all over this board and having mods threaten to close down alot of good threads because of it. If you don't want to hear the views of people who have a problem with whats going on then don't read them its as simple as that.

See what Brainiac 8 and Kaboom are doing is trolling for the purpose of starting something. So what should I do run and tell the mods so they get pro. banned or warned like how some posters do when they are really talking about things dealing with the show only they just have a problem with it or disagree with others and they are not trying to start something!

All-Star Superman said:
See what Brainiac 8 and Kaboom are doing is trolling for the purpose of starting something. So what should I do run and tell the mods so they get pro. banned or warned like how some posters do when they are really talking about things dealing with the show only they just have a problem with it or disagree with others?

Love you too All-Star.:(

I actually see what your trying to accomplish here, and I don't disagree with it at all, some people need to vent. I just have an insecure need to be funny most of the time.:(

as do i b8, maybe thats why we get along so well. and sweet thats the first time ever been accused of trolling!

anyway, i have no problems with a thread like this. but they dont last. in fact ive even started one before, and it was closed. so i appreciate your endeavor, buti dont think it will accomplish its mssion statement.

For example I hate how the show can never get other heroes right. I mean I hate how SV puts other heroes on the show like A.C. or Myx or Bart (God knows how Clark met him with out some time traveling) Zod. Each person I feel was done poorly the only person I feel was done right is Cyborg and thats because it is not that hard to do him really. But I feel if SV is going to use other heroes they really need to do some research on them before just putting them on the show. Because some may not be okay with it because to the viewer who knows nothing about that person might think hey thats how they really are but their not and to some it may feel like how Marvel Comics is doing with Spider-Man (see Spider-Man's Comic forum). I mean I understand this is their take on Superman but I also feel they should can do a better job then what they have done.

I mean I feel Kara should have been done much better; as well as Zod who I feel is getting no justice in this series. I mean come on now jumping into Lex's body what the heck is that. Thats why I felt if they are going to bring Zod into the show then they needed to do it the right way. If I were to bring Zod on to the show I would have had him come out of the Phatom Zone instead of him being a body hopper if that was the case why not have had him hop into the body of one of the people who serve him? I mean it's like IMO they just does this stuff for the sake of ratings or spin-offs and not because they have a love for the person and would like to see him pushed into the spotlight.

All-Star Superman said:
I mean I feel Kara should have been done much better; as well as Zod who I feel is getting no justice in this series. I mean come on now jumping into Lex's body what the heck is that. Thats why I felt if they are going to bring Zod into the show then they needed to do it the right way. If I were to bring Zod on to the show I would have had him come out of the Phatom Zone instead of him being a body hopper if that was the case why not have had him hop into the body of one of the people who serve him? I mean it's like IMO they just does this stuff for the sake of ratings or spin-offs and not because they have a love for the person and would like to see him pushed into the spotlight.

I diffently feel the same way about Zod, as cool as it will be to see a Lex/Clark super fight, I would much rather have a new actor playing Zod, possibly Dean Cain. What also annoys me is that they will proably just have Lex forget that he saw Clark using his powers, that happens too often.

You are correct MJD, that probably will happen.

Oh that will happen. They have to many mind wipes for that show. I mean every season someone has their mind wiped twice if they are lucky. I also hate how they did Lucy but I prefer to think that show never happened and it was all a bad dream. But as far as Zod goes, Dean Cain would have been great as Zod but Lex as Zod is just stupid IMO and now he may get some super-powers out of it????? This sounds more like Superman Lives to me all I am waiting for is a suit in a can for Clark. I mean if you look at Superman II (which put Zod or the map) and For Tomorrow (which brought back classic Zod) you look for something like that but this whole Clark vs Lex/Zod crap is dumb. I mean if they ever did go into a Superman TV series so many things are ****ed with the people in the cast it would take close 2 seasons to fix things unless you just act like it never happened.

Has Dean Cain ever actually played a bad guy? I've seen him in Clubhouse, Die Hard 4 The Rip Off and a few shows of Hope and Faith and he plays them all the same he played Clark.

Speaking of Cain, would anybody like to see the Clark/Zod fight be some sort of Kryptonian battle like the did with Superman and that guy(he was like Zod but wasn't Zod) on the New Adventures of Superman

my top 4 complaints.

1. time crystals/mindwipes
2. not knowing what to do with lana (though i think KK does great with what shes given)
3. superchloe
4. no DC villians apart from Lex and Morgan Edge

Oh there was other DC villians they just were not done right Myx. for example and thats why people tend to forget them or get turned off by the show. Although as much as I hated that show I loved how Clark saved Chole and won the game at the same time. It was a great Superman moment.

MJD said:
Has Dean Cain ever actually played a bad guy? I've seen him in Clubhouse, Die Hard 4 The Rip Off and a few shows of Hope and Faith and he plays them all the same he played Clark.

Speaking of Cain, would anybody like to see the Clark/Zod fight be some sort of Kryptonian battle like the did with Superman and that guy(he was like Zod but wasn't Zod) on the New Adventures of Superman
He has played the bad guy a few times in effort to get away from being known as Superman. Hell he played Scott Peterson which I think he did a great job doing so.

MJD said:

He also played Scott Peterson in the tv Movie "The Perfect Husband," and the jerk boyfriend in "Rat Race."

edit...oops...All-Star already said Scott Peteron.

All-Star Superman said:
Oh that will happen. They have to many mind wipes for that show. I mean every season someone has their mind wiped twice if they are lucky. I also hate how they did Lucy but I prefer to think that show never happened and it was all a bad dream. But as far as Zod goes, Dean Cain would have been great as Zod but Lex as Zod is just stupid IMO and now he may get some super-powers out of it????? This sounds more like Superman Lives to me all I am waiting for is a suit in a can for Clark. I mean if you look at Superman II (which put Zod or the map) and For Tomorrow (which brought back classic Zod) you look for something like that but this whole Clark vs Lex/Zod crap is dumb. I mean if they ever did go into a Superman TV series so many things are ****ed with the people in the cast it would take close 2 seasons to fix things unless you just act like it never happened.

There are some "simple" fixes that could tie back through like brining Lionel forward as Eradicator. That could tie back to when Clark switched bodies with him and the stones etc. thus bringing some closure to that area.

Other than that I'd like to see Lex, Lois, and Lana move on. Maybe bring in Lori Lemaris.

The other major complaint is that we've gone 5 seasons with only 1 good flight. It's Clark's signature power and time they developed a story arc around it.
Though hopefully with Zod flying in the opener they've figured that out

All-Star Superman said:
Mission Statement:

This thread in no shape or form is meant as a bashing thread. Who ever this thread is meant for people to vent and talk about how they are displeased with either the way the show is going, character devlopment, sotrylines or shows they disliked with out being bashed for doing so. I know this is a Smallville board but not everyone is pleased with how the show is going and should be allowed to express that with out having the thread closed or getting banned.

Dont take me the wrong way, but I dont know why you keep saying you araent allowed to express your views without getting bashed.

If you want to say you dont like something, I think we're all mature enough around here to let anyone express their opinion. However, I as a poster, are well within my rights to disagree with you and say why I disagree with you.

Unlike alot of the Smallville forums, this forum seems to attract mostly adults so our time is more limited than the younger set. If we are not happy with the show then we will simply turn it off and go do something else. Because we are still here and posting frequently would seem to indicate that we love the show. This probably comes across very strongly in our posts.

I sit and watch the show with my teenage kids, and I hear them nitpicking about little things which I honestly dont have any issues with because I come from a generation where TV is for entertainment purposes and isnt a true reflection on real life. Plus, I'm a go with the flow kind of person anyway.

Now I agree, there are some things that the show can do better, but I also understand the restrictions that they are under, their budges, their time constraints etc etc.

You're a big Comic Book Fan. I'm not. So the way they depict characters like Mxy and Zod dont in the least bother me, and I dont agree with your statement that non-comic book readers get the wrong idea about these characters. Non comic book readers dont care about the different interpretations of the characters.

I'm sorry if you dont like that, but that's just the way it is.

Now I think its a great idea that you've set this thread up, cause I honestly get tired of reading that this show could be better but posters never actually saying what they think could be better. However I'll point out that you are going to get some posters who'll feel that they have a need to argue your points and you should listen to their points of view and then offer your arguments back. Dont just dismiss their point of view with a "well every time I say something negative, I get bashed".

End of rant. :)

avidreader said:
Dont take me the wrong way, but I dont know why you keep saying you araent allowed to express your views without getting bashed.

If you want to say you dont like something, I think we're all mature enough around here to let anyone express their opinion. However, I as a poster, are well within my rights to disagree with you and say why I disagree with you.

Unlike alot of the Smallville forums, this forum seems to attract mostly adults so our time is more limited than the younger set. If we are not happy with the show then we will simply turn it off and go do something else. Because we are still here and posting frequently would seem to indicate that we love the show. This probably comes across very strongly in our posts.

I sit and watch the show with my teenage kids, and I hear them nitpicking about little things which I honestly dont have any issues with because I come from a generation where TV is for entertainment purposes and isnt a true reflection on real life. Plus, I'm a go with the flow kind of person anyway.

Now I agree, there are some things that the show can do better, but I also understand the restrictions that they are under, their budges, their time constraints etc etc.

You're a big Comic Book Fan. I'm not. So the way they depict characters like Mxy and Zod dont in the least bother me, and I dont agree with your statement that non-comic book readers get the wrong idea about these characters. Non comic book readers dont care about the different interpretations of the characters.

Now I think its a great idea that you've set this thread up, cause I honestly get tired of reading that this show could be better but posters never actually saying what they think could be better. However I'll point out that you are going to get some posters who'll feel that they have a need to counter-argue your points and you should listen to their points of view and then offer your arguments back. Dont just dismiss their point of view with a "well every time I say something negative, I get bashed".

End of rant. :)

:up:

avidreader said:

I understand but thats my point and the point of many comic fans the history and staying true to the history. Let me put it another way in Superman Lives he got his powers from a suit in a can and Lex was a F.B.I. Agent trying to bust Superman. Now if your not a comic fan this might seem fine and you'll be okay with it but if you are a fan of the comic that may seem like an insult to you. Another good example say they took SV and was going to put it on the big screen but instead of Welling they used another Clark and Lex and changed things around and lets say a person who never watched SV goes and sees that movie and thinks thats how SV is that would upset you alittle. That is where I am coming from with people from the comics the only thing they stay true to in SM is the name everything else is twisted so much it is like an insult to me. Thats all I am saying I feel if they are going to use these people atleast do it the right way.

Brainiac 8 said:
I also hate how Hot Dogs come in packs of ten, but Hot Dog buns come in packs of eight! I mean, does that make sense to anyone, what do you do with the two extra Hot Dogs? It's just stupid!:mad: :down

It's just a conspiracy to get us to buy 40 hot dogs and 40 rolls at a time :eek:

to me its the heart of the character thats important. im a HUGE comic fan, and i thought mxy was fine, or would you rather have had a 3 foot tall little person with white hair running aorund smallville. somethings just dont translate.

things I hate (strong word) about smallville:

people who say they're done with the forums, only to return a few weeks later with the same shtick

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"