The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup Thread

Yeah both Blatter and the Olympic president have given us a thumbs up to host the event, that been said I doubt we will get it

Africa is the last unexplored frontier for the Olympics. I think that Africa's chances at the 2020 Olympics are pretty good, because I would think that the Olympics would wait for 2024 to either award those games back to North America or to Europe.

It doesn't look better, their games were boring as hell at this world cup. They struggled to break down teams because they don't have oace on the wings and always need to go into the centre where it is congested. That's a fault in their game, not anybody else's.

I guess it's a matter of opinion, pace on the wings can be equally boring as proved by us, I think the way Spain craft openings centrally is fantastic, but each to their own. Plus it was hardly as if Ramos was not playing as a pacey right winger anyway, but 8 men back covers the wings and the center.

Why is it petty to expect sportsmen to have sportsmanship? If that were Manchester United I would be embarrased as hell.

And would you then hate United and all those players involved because of it? I already said it lacked class, but young people in a height of euphoria do silly things, to hold it against them forever is equally as bad IMO.

Straight to the ribs and with those football shoes... I mean... the ones these guys use are not plastic, they're METALLIC. He could've gotten easily a hole in his chest or a broken rib at that height of the chest. That challenge is TERRIBLE. And shameful that he got away with only a yellow card.

Some of them play with blade style grips in their boots, fortunately De Jong seemingly didn't, but the impact alone could have stopped his heart.

I was seriously surprised in the semi-final, to be honest... they had the ball possession in all their games and when they saw the spanish team it was like they got scared or something. They just gave up the ball and started to defend with 10... big WTF from them, really...:huh:
It's funny I thought it would have been the other way around. Germany was a goal scoring machine but I guess ze Germans wanted to play it safe so they wouldn't have a repeat of the 2008 euro final. They should have just done what they do best and blitzkrieg the **** outta everyone with those counter attacks

It doesn't look better, their games were boring as hell at this world cup. They struggled to break down teams because they don't have oace on the wings and always need to go into the centre where it is congested. That's a fault in their game, not anybody else's.

You don't need wingers to play good football. Brazil almost never has them. You like wingers, it's fine. But to say that a team that plays with 60-65% posession every game, with one of the highest rates of shots on goal doesn't look good...:whatever:

The only difference between this Spain and the Spain of Euro 2008 is that now they play with an extra defensive midfielder instead of Silva. The rest is the same. You don't need wingers to make football look good. You need to be in posession of the ball and to attack and shoot on goal. Be it center or wings or shots from long range.

Forlan wins Golden Ball as best player. :awesome:
Well deserved, Forlan had some sick ass goals

Muller took home both the Golden Boot and Best Young Player Award
and my home boy Casillas won the Golden Glove Award :awesome:

Congrats to Spain on a well deserved victory :up:...World and European Champions...

Holland were really playing rugby in the first half...And how did Robben miss two sitters in front of goal? The supporters must be gutted about losing in a final for the third time, but hopefully Van Marwijk is fired, and the dutch go back to their philosophy of playing attractive/attacking football...

In any case, 2014 can't get here soon enough. The world cup in Brasil is going to be more than just an event, it's going to be a party...And I hope Brasil win it for the sixth time, by playing the samba style in front of their home fans...I can't wait...

That said, S. Africa hosted a great world cup, and I was privileged to have experienced it for 3 weeks LIVE when I was there...:up:

great win for Spain...The best team won. Im glad it was a legit goal as well...

Robben is going to have nightmares

Congrats to Spain for winning World Cup. I didn't have a stake in the winner of the World Cup, but Pau Gasol was rooting for his team and I'm glad his country won (arguably) the biggest prize in international tournament. However, the biggest winner might've been Paul the Octopus; I hope he gets to predict every winner from now on. :D

Hahaha...feels nice to not jump on any bandwagon this year...was for Spain since the beginning!!!

Just looking at Puyol always makes me chuckle...

Congrats to all the spanish hypsters on the board.

[YT]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/o9WOtUL90xM&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/o9WOtUL90xM&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/YT]

Has anyone else been supremely disappointed with this World Cup?

For me personally this has been the worst/poorest World Cup I've seen thus far in my lifetime on all fronts.

[YT]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/o9WOtUL90xM&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/o9WOtUL90xM&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/YT]

I like Iker Casillas that much more after this World Cup.. not that I ever hated him to begin with, but I like him alot more as a footballer/goalkeeper after this tournament.

Video was funny as well. :up:

But what can be expected from Mr. Howard Webb other than being a disgraceful referee?
Bit harsh. No ref is going to send three players off in the first half, don't be daft. Realistically you have to be a little lenient or there'd be no game. It's a hard game to control. Howard Webb is a good referee.

Having said that, De Jong should've walked.

It was a great world cup in general. South Africa hosted an awesome World. I am looking froward to Brazil.

Yesss, bring on 2014. Brazilians know how to throw a paty. I recently noticed that Brazil (and now Spain) are the only world cup winners to have not won it in their own country.

See you all in 4 years time in Brazil.....
PS where would everyone like to see the 2018 and 2022 world cups held because they both get picked on 2nd december??

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"