Batman & Robin The Official Batman & Robin Thread - Part 1

I disagree, but only because I think the OTT campiness works for the Riddler character. Besides that, there are a number of scenes, particularly earlier on the film, where Nygma comes off as quite creepy and unnerving. His Riddler is also written pretty decently imo, with the stalker-ish elements being particularly interesting and novel. The broader implications of seemingly comedic lines like 'How's my mole?' are actually quite disturbing when you think about them lol. It's interesting to me that both Dano and Carrey's Riddlers are unknowingly obsessed with the full totality of Batman's character, with Nygma being more obsessed with Bruce Wayne, and Nashton being more preoccupied with Batman.

Neither. :o

I mean, the movie has its charms, but I can’t handle the revisionist history the internet seems to have with B&R. Forever, I’ll content has improved, but this? Ehhhhh…

8a0f7ce47042a165e038d81294d8be0c54c6962c.gifv

This is a family movie. If this had been animated instead of live action, I wonder if anyone would have cared about the camp.

Me either until I had the bonus disc ripped so I make some behind the scenes gifs of Ivy. I was blown away, nothing has ever been so on point as that dude making B&R "constructions".

This is a family movie. If this had been animated instead of live action, I wonder if anyone would have cared about the camp.
I saw it when I was 5. I really do think 10 and under is the appropriate age for a film like this because I loved it at that age. I have a hard time seeing it as anything other than a kids film because of that.

Movies like Ninja Turtles 1 and 2 (or B66) have fun goofy kiddie humor that most people like or at least accept, most of the humor in B&R was annoying and making fun of the characters, at the very least too much at their expense.

Neither. :o

I mean, the movie has its charms, but I can’t handle the revisionist history the internet seems to have with B&R. Forever, I’ll contend has improved, but this? Ehhhhh…

I agree but it is possible that the MCU, and DC movies, have made people more accepting of toyetic movies.

Should Batman & Robin have included "Kiss from a Rose" also?

I vaguely remember having a B&R coloring book that used the DCAU style, but I had no idea it extended to other products.

Batgirl's costume being really dark like that makes it look like Catwoman's. I think in the film it did and would have looked better with the cowl and keeping it.

DC really needs to put out a book with all of JLGL’s marketing artwork. The old style guide, the promo stuff he did for the movies, his rendition of the New 52 designs, all of it.

How do you think Clooney Batman would react if he met again, O'Donnell Robin would react if he met Pfeiffer Catwoman?

On the one hand, a B&R line before 89 or Returns offends me to my very core… but on the other, I might just be tempted to pick up that Freeze.

Ugh, just discovered Freeze is the build-a-figure in that set. I’m out.

On the one hand, a B&R line before 89 or Returns offends me to my very core… but on the other, I might just be tempted to pick up that Freeze.

It's really bizarre, right? I know that the Burton movies have gotten way more toy love over the years than the Schumacher movies but this is just random. I wonder if it's because it's B&R's 25th Anniversary or because Clooney showed up in The Flash.

It's really bizarre, right? I know that the Burton movies have gotten way more toy love over the years than the Schumacher movies but this is just random. I wonder if it's because it's B&R's 25th Anniversary or because Clooney showed up in The Flash.
I have to imagine it’s a licensing/likeness hang-up. McFarlane said last year that that was the only reason it took so long to do a Dark Knight Trilogy line. For whatever reason, maybe it was easier to lock down the key pieces of B&R than the Burton films.

It only took forever before B&R got back in the spotlight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"