• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

The Official Batman TAS Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it's, by far, my favorite interpretation too. I like how it juggles the light and dark aspects with all the characters. It's just a very balanced show.

You know what? Harley Quinn disguises herself as a cop in "Joker's Favor", her first ever appearance. The Joker did the very same thing in his first ever appearance, Batman #1. That had to have been intentional. These two were meant for each other.

I also have to say... I loved all the streamlined designs from The Adventures of Batman & Robin era.

all but Joker, I hated the Joker redesign he looked a lot better in the ROTJ movie and his appearances on JL/JLU.

To me, this is the truest Batman of them all. When I watch the live-action films, I see and accept them as Batman, but I also see the liberties taken by the creative forces. I love Adam West, Michael Keaton, and Christian Bale, but this version is what I imagine Batman to be. The costume, the villains, the relationships between Bruce and his allies, and the world they live in. This is vengeance, this is the night, this is Batman.

Agreed, it's just a shame they didn't do more episodes especially when the comics was coming out in the past 10 years. I would love to see Damian, Cass, and Stephenie Brown be apart in the Timmverse.

Side note, I recently revamped my BTAS gif page to make it more streamlined.

http://kane52630.tumblr.com/BatmanTASTags

BTAS Episode: Riddler's Reform

http://kane52630.tumblr.com/post/73973331605/riddlers-reform-batman-the-animated-series

9aJpkNw.gif
vJJOzFQ.gif

myg73qe.gif
e4jPg8U.gif

gVvKF6C.gif
vV1D82c.gif

9U7RSA3.gif
LaqEu0Z.gif

0cr8FiJ.gif
XS5hoXM.gif

Trivia
  • The Riddler returns after the events of "What Is Reality?". However, no explanation is given as to how he recovered from the virtual reality, although Robin does mention that the box the Riddler has is similar to the one he used to trap Commissioner Gordon.
  • This episode contains one of DCAU's several overt sexual references, when a comical "BOING!" sound is heard when Riddler catches sight of an attractive woman.

The best of the three Riddler episodes. I love how he goes berserk at the end because Batman won't tell him how he survived the bombing.

There was no way, I tell you! No way he could have gotten out! Somebody tell me, do you hear me!? Somebody tell me how he did it! I have to know! I have to knowwwwww!

I love how Joker, Two-Face and the other inmates are seen cringing and holding their ears shut out of annoyance. I could see Enigma doing that every hour, every day. :funny:

Yeah, I love it when Batman outsmarts his foes, but that was clever how Batman survived/escaped that situation. It was a really close call.

Kane52630 said:

Batman's exit from the Riddler's party, after Nygma's attempt to humiliate him in front of his guests, was pure Batman. It wiped the smiles and giggles off their faces.

Hey Kane, can you start putting the gifs in spoiler tags? I love the gifs, and keep 'em coming, but each page loads forever when I'm on my phone.

all but Joker, I hated the Joker redesign he looked a lot better in the ROTJ movie and his appearances on JL/JLU.

Yeah, I can't believe how badly they ****ed up one of the most important villains on the show. Joker's redesign was pure garbage. But I really loved how he looked in ROTJ, both in the past and the future.

I really wish that the STAS character designs looked more like BTAS, rather than making the BTAS redesigns look like STAS.

I didn't mind most of the BTAS redesigns when they came. In fact, I even prefer some of the redesigned aspects and characters of the show. It was like an evolution of that world that was still ultimately very similar and connected to the original episodes of BTAS.

I would've been against the redesigns if they destroyed the essence of the show, or if they completely changed the feel of it all, but thankfully, that wasn't really the case.

They weren't all that bad, but I think the only redesign that I actually preferred to the original was Penguin. Less Burton-y.

BTAS Episode: Baby-Doll

http://kane52630.tumblr.com/post/74249774757/baby-doll-batman-the-animated-series

y4Zguw0.gif
7jQANRE.gif

sMivAIy.gif
vAZYIvc.gif

BpdUGrz.gif
U7YF3hL.gif

vEnJYh9.gif
Mz3rgN1.gif

EOv00i9.gif
Is3qjEO.gif

Trivia
  • Baby-Doll's character is partly based on a similar character in the movie What Ever Happened to Baby Jane? or the real ex-child actors such as Gary Coleman.
  • Baby-Doll is one of two original villains from the first run of the show who has not, to date, appeared in mainstream comics (the other villain not to have crossed over is Red Claw).
  • The backstory of Doll's sitcom—the introduction of a cute kid cousin, "Cousin Spunky" who stole the audience's attention and caused Doll to quit in protest—is a parody of the TV phenomenon known as the "Cousin Oliver Syndrome". There have been several instances where a television show with falling ratings has attempted to boost its popularity by introducing a new "cute kid" character to appeal to younger viewers. The term "Cousin Oliver Syndrome" takes its name from Oliver Tyler, a new character introduced in a later season of The Brady Bunch, after the original "children" had all reached teen age. Unlike Cousin Spunky, Cousin Oliver was not a success, and so the term has come to refer to all such failed attempts.
  • It is also worth noting that Cousin Oliver was played by Robbie Rist, who plays one of the kidnapped actors in this episode (though not Cousin Spunky).
  • Baby-Doll's henchmen bear a striking resemblance to Gilligan and the Skipper from Gilligan's Island, a sitcom which aired beside shows similar to the episode's own "Love that Baby".
  • Jason Marsden voices his first role in the DCAU; he would later go on to voice numerous roles on Superman: The Animated Series, Batman Beyond, Static Shock, and Justice League.
  • Baby-Doll's failed attempt to launch a serious career was a production of Shakespeare's Macbeth, a play rumored to be unlucky. In fact, it is common for superstitious actors and actresses to refer to it only as "The Scottish Play," as they are afraid to say its name out loud.

I think Baby Doll is in my top 5 favorite episodes. I felt kinda sad for her in the end.

"I didn't mean to..."

That scene where she sees herself in the hall of mirrors, what she'd look like if she didn't have a growth defect and was a proper woman, that was really heavy emotional stuff. BTAS wasn't afraid to not pull the punches.

Paul Dini always did know how to write one hell of an ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"