The Official Batman TAS Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://kane52630.tumblr.com/post/75501166656/harleys-holiday-batman-the-animated-series

H7FtRMc.gif
wTwNOhc.gif

dm0kGTh.gif
SxKrhZT.gif

CfY8p2U.gif
eMPNSj2.gif

Harley looked so adorable on those roller skates.

I'm assuming that 40's pic is from the Justice League toon, right? 30's, Batwoman movie?

I do miss these batman classics! I must admit after starting BTAS all over again this year (i ordered the volumes on amazon) I'm excited to see Bruce Timm's next animated series which is rumored to be a justice league one, but who knows!

Man, I miss Arleen Sorkin as the voice of Harley... Tara Strong just doesn't do it for me.

It's just a pale, whiny imitation.

Same here, sadly. And I like Tara Strong.

Tara only voiced her in Arkham City didn't she? Yeah I could tell the difference. It was such an impersonation. Not a bad one, but it's not the same.

Anyone know why Arleen didn't do AC?

Tara only voiced her in Arkham City didn't she? Yeah I could tell the difference. It was such an impersonation. Not a bad one, but it's not the same.

Anyone know why Arleen didn't do AC?

I think Arleen just decided to retire the character... but nothing official has been said. Maybe she just didn't want to play her anymore. :csad:

But then again, with Mark Hamill own ''retirement'', perhaps it's for the best.

Tara Strong has voiced Harley in:

- Batman: Arkham City
- Harley Quinn's Revenge
- Robot Chicken DC Comics
- Injustice: Gods Among Us
- Batman: Arkham Origins
- And I'm sure the upcoming DTV Batman: Assault on Arkham.

I like Tara Strong a lot, but I do feel she is overused in the animation field. Even in the world of DC animation, she pops up ALOT. She probably had the best audition, but did Andrea Romano really need to cast her as Barbra Gordon again for Beware the Batman?

Personally, if I had to pick a successor to Arleen Sorkin, it would've been Hynden Walch. She was surprisingly good on The Batman... and more importantly, sounded a lot more natural than Strong.

[YT]-WAk7R5T2YY[/YT]

Last edited:

I've been saying for a long time that the DCAU as a whole was the life story of Batman. It really is just that from beginning to end. The first scene in the first episode of Batman TAS even matches the last scene in Epilogue (which was going to be the end of the show because they thought it would be cancelled).

BTAS Episode: Make 'Em Laugh

http://kane52630.tumblr.com/post/76393302412/make-em-laugh-batman-the-animated-series

hB82eEa.gif
dYmUNkZ.gif

HE5n9yV.gif
MNGsNi9.gif

WmgsHPD.gif
pQUewg7.gif

9qgei7O.gif
q375yDs.gif

orchfGf.gif
iNY3sRF.gif

Trivia
  • Joker gives voice to the famous phrase, "Up, up, and away!" usually associated with Superman. This is the first time this phrase has appeared in the DCAU. The other is in Superman: The Animated Series, "New Kids in Town" (see list of classic Superman tributes).
  • The episode is thematically similar to Martin Scorsese's 1983 film The King of Comedy, in which an aspiring stand-up comic of mediocre talent (Robert De Niro) is driven to kidnap his idol (Jerry Lewis) and blackmails him into allowing the wannabe to headline his evening show.
  • In the later movie Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker, Terry McGinnis taunts Joker about his lameness as a comedian, suggesting he should "make a face" or "drop his pants" for laughs. Joker actually does both in this episode, though the latter-most unintentionally. It does indeed get uproarious laughter, much to his chagrin.
  • The title is a possible reference to the famous number from Singin' In The Rain, performed by Donald O'Connor.
  • This episode may be a reference to Joker's origins as depicted in works like The Killing Joke, where before becoming The Joker, he was a failed comedian who was pushed into crime.
  • Buddy Standler, Harry Loomis, and Lisa Lorraine share similarities in name with comedians Buddy Hackett, Jerry Lewis, and Lisa Lampanelli respectively. The latter shares some physical and career-based traits with another comedian, Roseanne Barr.
  • Joker's quote, "dying is easy, comedy is hard" is attributed to 19th-century English actor Edmund Kean.
  • Lisa Lorraine/Mighty Mom's character is credited as "Rolling Pin".
  • When Lisa answers the door, a voice on the televisions says "Greetings riddletikes, It's time for riddle number 317537..". before being cut off. This is actually reused audio from "Riddler's Reform", where the Riddler used this riddle number, 31753701.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"