Luke Cage The Official cast Luke Cage thread

Article has been deleted so yeah it was probably BS.

I like Dule Hill. I think he would have to bulk up a lot, though.

I also find it unlikely they'd have cast Luke Cage before they cast Jessica Jones.

Lmao! Dule Hill is not going to be Cage. I love dule hill and his work on psych but there is not a chance in the world that he gets cast. He's too small, too old, and overall does not fit the bill besides being black.
Who's next for the rumor mill, Steve Urkel? Lol

I dont know what I would've done if he was cast as Luke Cage. I probably would have tried to support the show by DVRing it but never watching it because of the damage done to the role.

Dule Hill? buuaaahh haha haaa they must be crazy

Frankly, whoever gets cast will most likely have to bulk up just like every actor who has ever been cast as a superhero. Dule Hill was the kind of inspired, off-the-wall casting decision that has always worked out for Marvel. I wouldn't say it was disappointing when he shot it down, but it definitely made me more excited than the same names constantly thrown around for Cage.

Considering not even Iron Fist has casting yet, it looks like casting probably won't get done for a year or so.. Looks like the follow-up series will have to run through its entire production before the Marvel staff get going on casting anything else..

Last edited:
Well, Iron Fist is last, so there's no reason to think it would have casting before Luke Cage does.

More importantly, though, Jessica Jones hasn't had casting yet. I think that ball will start rolling before Daredevil is released. Then this one will start before Jessica Jones gets released. Finally, Iron Fist will be cast toward the end of this process.

Well, Iron Fist is last, so there's no reason to think it would have casting before Luke Cage does.

More importantly, though, Jessica Jones hasn't had casting yet. I think that ball will start rolling before Daredevil is released. Then this one will start before Jessica Jones gets released. Finally, Iron Fist will be cast toward the end of this process.
Iron Fist is 3rd and Luke Cage is 4th, actually.

Every thing I've seen suggests you're incorrect, but I'm always open to new sources of information that show I'm wrong.

I'll just state outright that Cage should be Kevin Hart or Isiah Mustafa. The showrunner should be Shawn Ryan, David Simon or Scott Sanders.

...!! Kevin Hart? Even Ice Cube is taller, and he's not that tall. ;)

I'm hoping he's joking. Kevin's whole shtick is how short he is. Nobody wants a 4ft comedian as Cage (except maybe Dasher10...)

If he was in the MCU, he would be the male Darcy Lewis....and this is coming from someone who likes some of his films.

Kevin Hart as Cockroach Hamilton or Mr Fish if you wanted those villains played for laughs would be a good pick but not as Cage

I can't imagine David Simon even entertaining the idea of a superhero show. He seems....I don't know.....what's a less insulting word for pretentious? His tv shows are amazing. There is a guy who has worked with Simon though writing and directing episodes of both The Wire and Homicide. Clark Johnson. Who has also worked on The Shield and Homeland and a few other cop shows. He also directed a big action movie that was competently made but not very memorable, SWAT, with Sam Jackson and Colin Farrell. I think he would be willing to play in this material while bringing some of that hard-boiled, true crime, urban area problems story points.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"