The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread - Part 2

I want Apple to return to the iPhone 5 form factor for their newer phone.

i almost bought a XS Max, but i'll wait to see what the unveil next week

Apple is really starting to lose the battle in the cell phone game. They are trying to just live off of the name alone. I left them for a Galaxy 2 years ago and haven't looked back. Everything Apple is doing Samsung and Google have done before them and better. They try and make the AOD thing on the Apple watch seem like it's a new thing they came up with; while the Galaxy watches have been doing that for years now.

I damaged my iPhone X pretty badly so I've been rocking a backup iPhone 6 and it's been rough, the sad thing is I didn't get AppleCare so it's a pretty much the cost of a new phone to repair/replace thru the Genius Bar. I've been looking at the iPhone 11, seems like the camera is top of its class again. The Pro doesn't seem worth it. We'll see, if I jump ship it's probably for the Xperia 5.

Does anyone here know how to get voicemails and SMS texts with pics off of an android version 4.4 phone?

I have this older phone sitting around I've plugged it into a laptop with limited luck (able pull pics/vids off of DCIM folder and documents found as well but that it). I tried debugging software but unable access screen since the screen doesn't light up to give permission (although am able to see texts on iskysoft transfer from giving permission and putting in debug year ago but can't find photos in texts or voicemails so haven't bothered upgrading beyond trial version to pull them off).

So yeah, without phone company software that does this I'm out of luck per every repair shop I've taken it to unless I wanted to take it to a Data Recovery Service and pay like 600-1500 dollars which I might as well get screen fixed before that...

Doubt there's an answer but some of you with android have wanted to get voice or SMS off of smashed phone before right?

The Surface Phone is REAL!!!

Definitely not a surface phone, Microsoft announced this alongside Windows 10x which is a more tablet-friendly OS. I'd say this is more along the lines of a duo screened tablet, which is still very exciting.

oct-02-2019-12-31-37-1570033920.gif

*Correction*

You are correct, that is the Duo phone that will be running a version of Android. Microsoft will be working hand in hand with Google to create a Microsoft "skin" of Android. Very exciting.

Last edited:
Any UK posters know of any good voucher or discount apps?

Keep hearing about them but unsure which to download.

Watch this thing turn into the new trend the young'uns start turning into memes or tiktok or whatever they use.

I'm due a new phone in a week.

I picked up the iPhone 11 Pro Max on the weekend, and also kept hold of my XS Max. It's really good having the backup be the same brand for the first time as everything is connected. So whenever I do something that occupies the phone like watching a sporting event or Netflix, I still have all my phone's abilities free on a second handset.

i have the Pro Max. what do you think so far?

i have the Pro Max. what do you think so far?
It’s pretty much similar to my old phone (XS Max), with an improved battery and camera, which are both important to me. A bit annoyed about no 5G till next year and I can imagine it wouldn’t be enough of an improvement for many people to think its worth upgrading from XS Max. Would be fine for anyone who has a current phone earlier (or smaller) than S Max, but then they might be better served by waiting till next year when the major improvements will come.

I had planned on the properly updated next iPhone with 5G for next year, but seriously thinking of making a switch back to Microsoft with the Surface Duo if it turns out to be good.

Am I a crazy person for thinking about buying a Windows phone at this point?

I'm honestly kind of in love with this.

So I ended up doing this. Used the phone for about 6 months. I loved it. I switched back because I was going to be doing a convention downtown and wanted to have the apps for renting scooters and such. I could have switched back but it was July and a bunch of apps were dropping support (FB Messenger, Whatsapp, a few others I forget at the moment) this month, so I would have needed to switch back shortly anyway.
I don't regret it, I really did enjoy the device a lot more than I enjoy my iPhone. Though I am sorely overdue for a upgrade.

Hey...Since y'all are "cell phone junkies"... anybody got a good gift idea for my 9 year old nephew who is absolutely obsessed with phones?? He watches so many unboxing videos and product demos and stuff it's crazy, but he's not really the computer whiz type so I don't know if he would enjoy building one himself

its his only interest, so he's a pain to shop for

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"