The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
LG phones tend to be a bit of a joke, especially software wise. I'd definitely go with the Rezound between those two devices. Better build quality as well, it's a pleasure to hold in your hand.

I think the Rezound is a great choice. It was announced that it will get ICS this year. Not sure about the Spectrum.

Well heres my breakdown for each phone:
HTC Rezound
Pros: 720p display, beats audio, great build quality, 32 gigs included, ibeats earphones. Ipod broke couple of months ago and this would be great replacement.
Cons: Recently broke up my gf of almost 4 yrs and she had an htc sensation and everytime I see the rezound it reminds me of her!!! Its the thickest 4g phone on verizon lineup, the screan looks smaller than the top phones like droid razr, spectrum and Galaxy nexus, it has poor viewing angles as well.

LG Spectrum:
Pros: Love the 4.5 HD display! it has great viewing angles! I think it has the best display of any phone on verizon right now! Love the design of the phone even though the cover is very glossy and plastic. Its lightweight and thin compared to the Rezound. It has Dolby sound integrated. phone can be rooted
Cons: LG interface is suppose to be the worst! Very laggy at times! Internal storage is only 4 gig with a 16 gig sd card. Phone not a status symbol compared to Droid Razr or Galaxy Nexus

for anyone looking for a handy free app, i recommend ShopKick

shopkick gives you awesome deals and rewards simply for walking into your favorite stores. You can collect your kicks™ rewards at millions of stores in America, and great deals at many of the top national retailers. Crazy, but true.

Collect walk-in rewards:
Get exclusive deals:
Collect scan rewards:
Redeem your kicks™ for rewards!

Well heres my breakdown for each phone:
HTC Rezound
Pros: 720p display, beats audio, great build quality, 32 gigs included, ibeats earphones. Ipod broke couple of months ago and this would be great replacement.
Cons: Recently broke up my gf of almost 4 yrs and she had an htc sensation and everytime I see the rezound it reminds me of her!!! Its the thickest 4g phone on verizon lineup, the screan looks smaller than the top phones like droid razr, spectrum and Galaxy nexus, it has poor viewing angles as well.

LG Spectrum:
Pros: Love the 4.5 HD display! it has great viewing angles! I think it has the best display of any phone on verizon right now! Love the design of the phone even though the cover is very glossy and plastic. Its lightweight and thin compared to the Rezound. It has Dolby sound integrated. phone can be rooted
Cons: LG interface is suppose to be the worst! Very laggy at times! Internal storage is only 4 gig with a 16 gig sd card. Phone not a status symbol compared to Droid Razr or Galaxy Nexus

The Rezound can be rooted as well. Also the Rezound's screen has a higher PPI (pixels per inch) than the Spectrum. 342 to Spectrum's 329. That means a sharper picture and less artifacts. For further perspective, it even has a higher PPI than the iPhone 4s Retina display.

After looking over all of the specs and reviews, I think the Rezound is the hands down better choice of the two.

So after a week of headaches i went against the grain and decided with the lg spectrum. just couldnt resist that 4.5 inch hd screen. it has a good camera and video recorder. Gorilla glass, and good battery life compared to rezound. I receive it today and the screen is beautiful! I'm new to android. Been with blackberry for two years. Theres a lot to learn but right now I'm loving it. Ill give it a week to see if theres any flaws with the phone before i decide to keep it.

Couple of issues i have. Damn it takes a while for the phone to recharge! Its so long i havent even got a full charge yet lol. i know this has something to do with plug charger cuz its designed for the expandable 3000 battery. and the batery drains so quick! Any tips i can do with settings or apps? Lastly when i google search a site theres a delay for a second. only the intial search it happens. after that its blazing fast

looks like i'll be needing a new phone sooner than i thought, water damage to my phone :(

That sucks, we've all been there :down

Did a lil research and found out it takes 2-3 days for the battery to calibrate itself. i was seriously considering to return it after only getting 4-5 hrs with a single charge

I can't decide which one i want

Tell me about it! Got an ulcer just thinking about it

looks like i'll be needing a new phone sooner than i thought, water damage to my phone :(

filed my insurance claim and they did not have my model in stock (G2), so they're sending a Sidekick 4G in its place

gonna give it a shot. does anyone have one?

The keyboard on the new sidekick should be really good, from the reviews i've read and seen thats the main selling point.

I'm not too fond of the os skin that the new sidekick has but getting a new launcher (launcherpro, adw, go launcher, etc) should make that phone pretty enjoyable for you!

So the Android Market is now Google Play or Play Store.

Anybody know any app or site i can dl movie trailers? tried apple.com and it wont let me dl

ok somehow i've somehow lost the ability to type via touchscreen. unless i open my keyboard, the on-screen keyboard or swiftkey does not show up. has anyone ever experienced this? samsung sidekick 4g if it matters

Hey all I have an issue I was wondering if any one can help me with. First I have an motorola droid 2 android phone, with verison 2.3.3 I think os. My issues are this.

Since Friday first the pre installed news widget hasn't updated with new news stories. And when I go into widget settings and try to. Add/remove a subscription or fiddle with settings I get a standard error message.

The other issue is facebook widget, from widget pre installed on phone. Has been same issue, haven't seen any new messages from friends/likes in days. And when I now try to post a message I get a failure to post message. Also when I try to go into the widget setting to update/remove I again get a standard error message.

So if any one can help me out that would be great. I have had the phone for well over a yr. And this wasn't a issue before. Just from last few days for some reason.

ok somehow i've somehow lost the ability to type via touchscreen. unless i open my keyboard, the on-screen keyboard or swiftkey does not show up. has anyone ever experienced this? samsung sidekick 4g if it matters

Try going under settings-->Language & Input and check the keyboard options to see if something may be turned off.

Hey all I have an issue I was wondering if any one can help me with. First I have an motorola droid 2 android phone, with verison 2.3.3 I think os. My issues are this.

Since Friday first the pre installed news widget hasn't updated with new news stories. And when I go into widget settings and try to. Add/remove a subscription or fiddle with settings I get a standard error message.

The other issue is facebook widget, from widget pre installed on phone. Has been same issue, haven't seen any new messages from friends/likes in days. And when I now try to post a message I get a failure to post message. Also when I try to go into the widget setting to update/remove I again get a standard error message.

So if any one can help me out that would be great. I have had the phone for well over a yr. And this wasn't a issue before. Just from last few days for some reason.

My first thought would be to uninstall both programs and reinstall them. Clear the cache and data for each prior to the uninstall just to be sure. What is the "standard message" you are getting?

It just say error, try again later for both. And I. Try again after awhile and same thing again, and again. Also its the pre installed news widget, and pre installed social media widget. So I really don't want to delete them, since I don't know how to readd them.

Which is the better smartphone? Iphone 4S or Samsung Galaxy S II Epic??

Well, that really depends on what you want to do with your phone. They both have plus and minuses. So, what will you use your phone for mostly?

Phone calls & browsing the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back