The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, guys, guys. Just root your Android phones and install third-party firmwares. The battery problem will cease to be an issue.

I rooted my first Inspire and bricked the hell out of it.

I thought of rooting my Android phone, but the risk of bricking scared me out of it.

It's apparently "easy" but I didn't find it easy. When they have a "one touch" root much like the iPhone has for jailbreak then I'd consider it.

A lot of phones have "one touch" root. Even the Inspire. You just got to look for them at XDA's forum. :up:

Guys, guys, guys. Just root your Android phones and install third-party firmwares. The battery problem will cease to be an issue.

i would like to do that but am afraid of messing it up

I'm not opposed to Windows Phone, it's just that I don't have the option to do it. My carrier does not have any phones for WP, only iOS and Android. I love my Galaxy S and I've been eyeing that Focus S, but I just don't want to have to switch to AT&T to get it.

Am I the only one who finds the Nokia Lumia T-Mobile ads similar to iPhone commercials? That and the T-Mobile girl with the white backdrop reminds me of the old Mac vs. PC commercials.

A lot of phones have "one touch" root. Even the Inspire. You just got to look for them at XDA's forum. :up:

I think I'd still be fairly afraid to do it. I legit bricked mine the last time... I thought I was going to puke when that happened :oldrazz: .

damn i really wanted the Samsung Note to come to Verizon not Atnt...:(

damn i really wanted the Samsung Note to come to Verizon not Atnt...:(

Why don't you get Samsung Galaxy S II? Is Note better than Galaxy S II?

I just got the Galaxy Nexus yesterday and finally got into the smartphone craze. I have a question though. I'm afraid to go over my data limit though, but if I hook up to wifi, I can go all crazy with YouTube, Netflix, and downloads without having to worry about my limit right?

I just got the Galaxy Nexus yesterday and finally got into the smartphone craze. I have a question though. I'm afraid to go over my data limit though, but if I hook up to wifi, I can go all crazy with YouTube, Netflix, and downloads without having to worry about my limit right?
Yup.

how do you like the phone? i might get that one when the price comes down. i was gonna buy it sooner, but then i decided to buy an electric guitar instead....which was the better decision.

How's the OS?

How's the OS?

This wasn't directed towards me, but having owned a Galaxy Nexus (GSM) for about a month now i can say Android 4.0 is a huge step up from anything Google had done with Android before. Not all apps are optimized for the OS yet but most are. While there is hardware acceleration (IOS, WP7) It's still somewhat sluggish at time (browser is where you'll see it the most) But overall the OS is stunning, its ehh pretty much par or in some cases better than IOS. Android is grown up, it's finally a polished stock OS.

How are the batteries in the newer Android phones ? Because me having the original HTC EVO 4G. I never want to buy an Android again & am just waiting for the next iPhone for my next upgrade. I took my phone to the Sprint store. Even the employees there that had the same phone as I do. Hate it due to the ****** battery The only thing they were able to tell me was that the battery for the first EVO 4G was very poorly made & is the ultimate ****. I def don't want to go through this again with my next phone

Does anyone have any idea as to when the iPhone 5 is supposed to be announced? I think that I head that it's supposed to be released this July or maybe it is June. At any rate, are there any specs out there? From what I have heard, it's supposed to have a bigger screen. I am available for an upgrade in August, so that's what I am most likely going to get.

Well Apple seems like theyre going to announce the Ipad 3 within the next two months, most likely February. So with that in mind im probably assuming theyll be sticking to June for the Iphone 5.

Which is great.. I think I get my upgrade in June (or July) so I'll just wait to jump on the Apple bandwagon.

Yeah, im pretty excited to see what Apple does with the next iteration of the Iphone, complete redesign, most likely a slightly bigger screen. It's gonna be a huge thing, especially considering the 4S destroyed records, etc for merely being a slight upgrade from the previous version.

Now that Sprint has the iPhone. That will be my next phone

Mine too. I can actually get a new one in a few months but I think I'll wait until next Fall for the new iPhone 5. Let's hope they actually sell them and don't add any additional stupid fees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"