The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ComicChick

I Work Too Much
Staff member
Reaction score
This is THE thread for you if you're as addicted to cell phones as I am. Post what cell phone(s) you're currently using, and which ones you're coveting :awesome:

have any news about upcoming devices coming out, share with us!
hot new apps, programs, downloadables, let us know
must-have accessories, great deals, etc

if you need help or tech support from a fellow hypester, post your queries here as well :)

ok, i'm currently in love with the Nokia N900

n900featuresmain490x258.png

overview said:
Overview
Experience the speed and raw power of the N900 Mobile Computer from Nokia. It features 600 MHz processor and up to 1 GB of application memory enabling you to run all your applications quickly. This Mobile Computer lets you capture vivid images and DVD-quality widescreen video with the integrated 5-megapixel camera. The N900 also allows you to tag photos with keyword cloud to describe the moment and find them easily later on. With fast wireless broadband for internet connection at home, it comes with built-in 32 GB storage for you to store up to 7,000 of your favorite songs or 40 hours of DVD-quality video. This versatile product incorporates 3.5 inch touch-sensitive widescreen display and an integrated A-GPS to find your position quickly and accurately. Besides, it also includes a Maemo media player and a built-in FM transmitter for you to enjoy music endlessly. Furthermore, chat with voice calls, internet calls, instant messages and SMS to keep your conversations going. Packed with all these and more, the N900 Mobile Computer is a combination of high-performance and sleek design.

tech specs:
Web
•No need to carry a netbook. Have a compact device the size of a handset with a large, high-resolution screen.
•Keep multiple web windows open. The Maemo browser is powered by Mozilla technology.
•Use the full web faster over high speed HSPA and WLAN connections.
•Watch videos, use internet applications and play games with full Adobe Flash 9.4TM and AJAX support.
•Enjoy fast and easy browsing with gestures and full QWERTY keyboard.

Phone & Contacts
•Merge your phone book, Skype contacts and other contacts into an all-in-one address book.
•Stay online - see your friends’ availability, avatars, location and mood.
•Tap your friends and select the best way to contact them: via a regular phone call, Instant Messaging, SMS, email or an Internet call.
•Synchronize your contacts to Outlook.
•Keep multiple SMS & IM conversations going and move easily between them.

Email & Calendar
•Easily set up multiple email accounts with support for popular email providers.
•Push Email, calendar and contacts with Mail for Exchange.
•Slide out the full keyboard designed for fast typing. Speed your typing up further with smart on-screen features and word completion.
•See images, web links and open attachments in your email with rich HTML support, like on a PC.
You will need an Exchange e-mail account and your Exchange Administrator must have enabled your account for synchronization. Please contact your Exchange administrator or e-mail account provider for details, including the Exchange Server name and domain, your username and password, and the access point for your wireless carrier

Media Player
•Shuffle music and watch videos from the fast 32 GB storage - expandable up to 48 GB*.(Accessories sold separately)
•Fill and re-fill your device with a top USB mass storage transfer speed of up to 10 MB/s – get a DVD quality movie in a few minutes.
•Enjoy music and videos with the extensive media support available, with the easy-to-use Maemo 5 Music & Video Player.
•Be amazed by the stereo audio quality and the sharpness of the TV-out picture quality. Cable included.

additional views
20a3076016.jpg

21a3076016.jpg

23a3076016.jpg

26a3076016.jpg

i want!
Dell has it on sale for $399, regular $599 but it's still not in my range :(

I still have my Blackberry Pearl 8120 from 2 or 3 years ago, I still have no desire to get a new phone yet

umablackberrypearl8120.jpg

I currently have the Blackberry 9700 and I'm thinking about buying a skin for it

I can't decide which one i want:

productshot22939185.jpg

or

productshot26448522.jpg

I have the HTC Hero from Sprint:

sprinthtchero.jpg

It is currently running Android 2.1. I love it, but.....

This is the phone that I will be getting soon.

The Samsung Epic 4G:

samsunggalaxysepic4gspr.jpg

A few highlights:

* 4G with the ability to switch to 3G on the fly
* 4” super AMOLED capactive touchscreem
* Touchwiz 3.0
* 5MP rear camera and a VGA front facing camera for video chat
* 720p video recording
* 1GHz Cortex A8 Hummingbird processor
* Mobile hotspot for up to 5 WiFi devices
* Android 2.1 with Android 2.2 promised as available shortly after release
* Samsung AllShare media hub
* Six Axis Gyroscope
* 1GB ROM
* 512MB RAM
* 16GB MicroSD which can be bumped up to 32GB
* Built in WiFi b/g/n
* Bluetooth
*GPS
* 1500mAh battery

[YT]wE6fu0Y0o4k[/YT]

I can't wait. :woot:

Last edited:
Can I have your Hero? haha

I urm...

I have an iPhone and urm...

I can do cool things like control my laptop with it...

Bye. :|

Droid X for my personal line, Blackberry Bold 9650 for my employee line
I work for Verizon Wireless, so yea, I think I belong in this thread :word:

I've been debating getting another droid phone. I have the original motorola droid with qwerty keyboard but now they have the Droid incredible, Droid X and Droid 2. I was tempted to by the Droid X which has the faster processor,hdmi port and larger screen but I like my flipup keyboard. I was wondering if anyone could weight in on this. Anyone into these Droid phones?

I'm still using the Motorola RAZR. :csad:

I have the HTC EVO & I love it. But I wish phones would let you use MP3 as Voice Mail Greetings. The recordings on phones are all terrible

Hahaha Marx, get with the times brotha! Lol

I know. I am in desperate need of a new phone. :csad:

Don't feel to bad Marx. I have had a Motorola for years while the rest of the world went & got Iphones & Androids. It was not until this Summer I got my first Android Phone with the EVO. Everyone's time will come eventually

I've been debating getting another droid phone. I have the original motorola droid with qwerty keyboard but now they have the Droid incredible, Droid X and Droid 2. I was tempted to by the Droid X which has the faster processor,hdmi port and larger screen but I like my flipup keyboard. I was wondering if anyone could weight in on this. Anyone into these Droid phones?

I had the original Droid and went to the Droid X, as much as I loved my original, the X add's a lot of features I really love. The news/social networking/contact widgets are fantastic, and the touch keyboard works really well because of the screen size the buttons are large and it comes preloaded with swype, another very cool keyboard. Personally I use the keyboard "swiftkey" which you download from the market (free). It has the best word prediction I have ever seen.

Don't feel to bad Marx. I have had a Motorola for years while the rest of the world went & got Iphones & Androids. It was not until this Summer I got my first Android Phone with the EVO. Everyone's time will come eventually

I'd really like to have a Blackberry...

they are really good, the one I have isnt bad. I usually have it as a mp3 player more than anything else and my model has wifi so I can look at the internet for free.

they are really good, the one I have isnt bad. I usually have it as a mp3 player more than anything else and my model has wifi so I can look at the internet for free.

I've always heard good things about them and I like the look of them. I'm not really an iphone kind of guy. (Not that there's anything wrong with people who own iphones.)

I'm not really an iphone kind of guy. (Not that there's anything wrong with people who own iphones.)

yeah me either
sadly Apple became what they hated, 90's Microsoft. I wouldnt buy any of their products

I have the HTC Hero from Sprint:

sprinthtchero.jpg

It is currently running Android 2.1. I love it, but.....

I also have the HTC Hero from Sprint. It's not the best Droid phone out there, but I like it alot esp. after I discovered how to upload MP3 files and create my own ringtones. :hrt:

But the smartphone that I really coveted is the Apple iPhone 4:

apple-iphone-4-91.jpg

Maybe you can get the new Blackberry Torch. It has the smartphone capabilities but it is still a Blackberry.

Maybe you can get the new Blackberry Torch. It has the smartphone capabilities but it is still a Blackberry.

The Torch looks pretty cool. Do you know if it's the size of a normal Blackberry, or is it more like the BlackBerry Pearl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"