The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flash 10.1 should come to the market today

Still no Flash! :csad:

Ugh. I got my Hero not too long ago, but looks like it is already considered to be an Android dinosaur thanks to the influx of new Android phones that came out after Hero's debut. Well, I still have over a year left on my contract so I'm not going to upgrade it anytime soon.

Thats a bummer. I feel your pain man! I wanted to get the Droid X but I cant get an early upgrade until November and come to find out, theres an early upgrade fee of like $20(which wont kill me but its just stupid). By then, they'll probably have 2 new Droid phones minimum. I swear, phones are starting to become as obsolete as pc's.....like you need a one every 6months to a year. :wow::csad:

I have been using the iPhone 3GS for about 6 months and overall i'm happy with it. I wish the battery life was better though.

Still no Flash! :csad:

Thats a bummer. I feel your pain man! I wanted to get the Droid X but I cant get an early upgrade until November and come to find out, theres an early upgrade fee of like $20(which wont kill me but its just stupid). By then, they'll probably have 2 new Droid phones minimum. I swear, phones are starting to become as obsolete as pc's.....like you need a one every 6months to a year. :wow::csad:

Which phone do you have again? Cause the leaked 2.2 update for the X had Flash included in the build. If you order the phone online in November VZW usually waives the early upgrade fee. Honestly it doesn't help to think about how "there will be another phone in six months" cause it's true and you can't avoid it, I can upgrade every 10 months and I still find myself behind the curve. Just keep buying high end Android phones that you know will continue to get software updates to keep them current

Do data plans include texting? Or is that seperate?

Ugh. I got my Hero not too long ago, but looks like it is already considered to be an Android dinosaur thanks to the influx of new Android phones that came out after Hero's debut. Well, I still have over a year left on my contract so I'm not going to upgrade it anytime soon.
It seems just yesterday we were both so excited to have our Hero's and now :csad:. Luckily, for me, I am a Sprint Premiere Member and get to upgrade every year instead of every two. :woot:
Do data plans include texting? Or is that seperate?
Seperate.

Sprint has a $69.99 plan that includes unlimited text and picture messaging, unlimited Data, unlimited GPS, and unlimited calling to any mobile in America. You only use your minutes when you call a landline.

Seperate.

Sprint has a $69.99 plan that includes unlimited text and picture messaging, unlimited Data, unlimited GPS, and unlimited calling to any mobile in America. You only use your minutes when you call a landline.

That sounds like a really good deal.

I love Sprint. I have been with them for over ten years with no issues. :up:

I love Sprint. I have been with them for over ten years with no issues. :up:

I've been with AT&T/Cingular for the same time with no issues. I wonder if they have a plan similar.

i've had t-mobile since 2003, never a problem. i even get a discount for being civil service :up:

My Droid updated and I'm not thrilled with it. My taskkiller app seems to be useless now. There are apps running that shouldn't be and It's killing my battery life.

LOL...I just replaced my RAZR today. :up:

I got an AT&T Palm Pixi Plus, which I'm liking so far.

...and did you feel as out of touch with modern technology as I do?

...and did you feel as out of touch with modern technology as I do?

Well I actually do have an iPhone, because they replaced our Blackberrys with them at work a few months ago, so I've been getting the hang of all the smartphone stuff in the last few months, to the point where I was actually taking both phones with me everywhere, which was getting ridiculous.

I didn't want to get a second iPhone, so I just upgraded the RAZR to the Palm, which lets me do everything I could do on my old phone, but now lets me do just about everything I was doing on the iPhone, and now I can leave at least one of them home now. :oldrazz:

you can give the other to me :up:

i never had a Razr phone but i had that sweet Nokia that everyone wanted cuz you could change the faceplates lol

In the next couple of weeks I plan on getting this bad boy:

htc_incredible.png

The Droid Incredible by HTC :up:

And this piece of news just broke:

Verizon just started pushing Android 2.2 to HTC Incredible devices. Incredibles will get even incredibler with Flash 10.1, 720p video recording, and mobile hotspot capabilities.
http://gizmodo.com/5623672/droid-incredibles-getting-android-22-right-now

Out of curiosity...how much do all of you guys with these massive iphone/droids pay on your phone bill each month?

We have a family plan which includes my wife, an emergency phone, and myself. Total cost with tax and everything is $136.41. The plan includes:

• Everything Data Share Plan
  • Line 1: $129.99 Minimum Monthly Charge
  • Line 2:$0 Monthly Charge
  • Lines 3-5: $19.99 Monthly Charge
  • 1500 Shared Anytime Minutes
  • Unlimited Any Mobile, Anytime
  • Nationwide Long Distance Included
  • Unlimited Night & Weekend Mins. Included
  • Nights: M-Th 7pm-7am Wknd: F 7pm-M 7am
  • Caller ID
  • Call Waiting
  • Three-Way Calling
  • Voicemail
This also includes $7 insurance a piece for insurance (excluding emergency phone). Keep in mind though this price does include my wife's employee discount (Hilton) that knocks off $31.20.

Last edited:
Out of curiosity...how much do all of you guys with these massive iphone/droids pay on your phone bill each month?

Sprint forced me to sign up for the Everything Data 450 plan after I brought my HTC Hero, which includes unlimited data usage and unlimited mobile, for $69.99. But luckily, due to my work I got approximately 20% discount on the plan, so I'm paying $61.00 monthly. I heard iPhone users have to pay more with AT&T, though.

For me, it will come out to $79.98 plus taxes and fees

$39.99 voice plan (450 minutes, unlimited mobile to mobile for Verizon)
$10.00 messaging (500 messages plus unlimited mobile to mobile for Verizon)
$29.99 data plan (unlimited email and web)

Droid Incredible, nice choice FlawlessVictory, the other day they drop shipped us 10 of them, first time we've had them in store since April

Im really tied on what phone i want right now, im month to month right now with my motorola cliq (which already feels ancient thanks to motorola giving up on it) and im wondering if i should stick to tmobile and get the samsung vibrant or jump ship and get something else, i really like android especially now that there market is growing better and better everyday but then theres ios with the iphone 4 which is a quality phone and customizable to an extent only with the phone jailbroken, webOS is still going strong but i cant wait til they or ever release another palm phone.

So what do you guys think i should get? I know theres the droid x and evo, the incredible, but the 4.3 inch screens are a tad too much. Well im hoping you guys could help me out on deciding my new phone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"