Superman: The Movie The Official Christopher Reeve as Superman Appreciation Thread

Love that pic, This is my favorite.
2371186-24402.jpg

That is brilliant :up:

I love that all the Chris Reeve Superman films have that at the end

Me too. to me Chris was and will always be the definitive live action Clark Kent / Superman.

latest

1444146-superman.jpg

Last edited:
In your opinion, Which Reeve Superman figure is better the Hot Toys or the Neca one?

He is so perfect as Superman it's almost a curse to anyone trying to play him again.

Chris Reeve will always be my Superman, he's the one I grew up with and quite frankly he did it best. But Henry Cavill is definitely doing a wonderful job of the modern version of Superman. We are lucky to have had Chris and so many others who have done the dual roles of Clark Kent and Superman justice.

I wish Chris would have been as big as he was in Superman III, in the first two films.

I wish Chris would have been as big as he was in Superman III, in the first two films.

Don't you think had the series continued as it should though that his build in size improving would have made more sense. In the first two he's still only a young Superman still in his first year by III he's far more established.

Reeve was good even in the bad Superman films. He gave a good performance in Superman III despite the movie's shortcomings.

The best thing for any Superman actor is to do their own thing and not imitate Reeve's portrayal.

It's cool and creepy at the same time how much Gary Frank's Clark Kent / Superman looked like Reeve during Johns run.
latest

latest

latest

latest

latest

Last edited:
I just say it's cool :cwink:

Only thing I find 'creepy' is his young Clark looking so much like adult Reeve. It's abit weird lol

For the record though I think Superman Secret Origins is a great take on the Superman origin story. I actually think much like Birthright you could adapt it into a film (with some additions/changes).

John Byrne was one of the first artist to draw Superman to look like Reeve in the 1986 miniseries "The Man Of Steel". Because he couldn't draw he couldn't draw Curt Swan's version of Superman.

3885445-mos+%231.jpg

Last edited:
My favourite Superman!

It's funny because I think Cavill looks like that Superman aswell. It's almost like they had a time machine and me he'd the Cavill and Reeve versions into one Superman.

Stumbled upon this one a couple of years ago. Couldn't love it more--

YdTD8kK.jpg

Reeve leads the old school heros.

I'm glad Adam West wasn't the representative for old school Batman.

I hate when people equate Reeve's Superman with West's Batman, as much as I love Adam West.

Wanted to see my four favorites in the doj suit.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"