Superman: The Movie The Official Christopher Reeve as Superman Appreciation Thread

If there is one thing that is consistently great throughout all four Superman movies, it's Christopher Reeve and the rest of the returning cast. The cast, especially Reeve, is keeping me from shutting off Superman IV. Plus I am doing my Batman/Superman movie daily marathon so I feel obliged to completing it.

Lots of great pics of Reeve's Superman.

It's been ages since I posted on the hype.. wanted to see if I could still log in, haha.

Christopher Reeve Man Of Steel Suit In The Fortress Of Solitude.

Superman throughout the years wallpaper.

Last edited:

Superman throughout the years wallpaper.

I like it but I'd rather see Clark from Smalville as an actual picture from the show. Have him in the red jacket maybe? Good work though, I couldn't even do one of these.

Christopher Reeve Superman Man Of Steel Suit.

Kingdom Come Superman Christopher Reeve.

Superman The Movie Modern Fan Poster.

Christopher Reeve Superman Poster.

I grew up in the era of Christopher Reeve's Superman. I loved those movies at the time (saw them all in the cinema). The only one I tend to watch now when it comes on is the first one, but Reeve was a fantastic Superman and Clark Kent. I like Henry Cavill, but Reeve really embodied the humanityof Superman in a way that I've yet to see another actor do.

Looking back at Reeve as Superman, it's odd to me how long it took for superhero films to really take off. His portrayal is engaging and perfect, and the films did numbers at the box office.

I do not think Reeve will be topped, certainly anytime soon but possibly ever. Cavill is nowhere near Reeve, not as Superman and defnitely not as Clark Kent. Reeve is to Superman as Jackman is to Wolverine and RDJ is to Iron Man. They simultaneously perfected and redefined their characters. When I read the comics, I hear their voices in my head.

Superman and Superman 2 are fantastic films that have stood the test of time. I could watch them every week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"