The Official Green Lantern Rumors/Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or if they go with a younger John and older Hal then I would do this instead:

- John Boyega as John Stewart
- Armie Hammer as Hal Jordan

Gina Rodriguez as Jessica Cruz gets my vote

The age range is 39-50, I wouldn't be surprised if they go slightly younger with Hal, you can still be a veteran in your mid to late 30s and have a twentysomething trainee.

Jessica is a great character but they would have to completely rework her origins

As excited as this McQuarrie rumor has made me, anyone else getting the feeling like it will end up the same way a lot of these DCEU rumors go? You know, a big name that WB is supposedly pursuing for a directorial or acting gig, and then nothing ever materializes?

Based on the rumor, it already didn't happen...they couldn't come to terms a while ago.

Based on the rumor, it already didn't happen...they couldn't come to terms a while ago.

The Hashtag show said this was fresh, meaning that the studio likely approached McQuarrie again after October.

It's possible this won't pan out, but remember after the Sony studio hack in late 2014 about Marvel wanting to produce new Spidey movies (and let the studio keep the rights) and talks fell through? They went back to negotiations and struck a deal in February 2015.

We might get something concrete after MI: Fallout comes out, especially if it's another big hit. McQuarrie will be in a better position to negotiate for a deal then.

As excited as this McQuarrie rumor has made me, anyone else getting the feeling like it will end up the same way a lot of these DCEU rumors go? You know, a big name that WB is supposedly pursuing for a directorial or acting gig, and then nothing ever materializes?

I still can't believe people thought Robert Zemeckis was gonna direct a DCEU movie. :funny:

The Hashtag show said this was fresh, meaning that the studio likely approached McQuarrie again after October.

It's possible this won't pan out, but remember after the Sony studio hack in late 2014 about Marvel wanting to produce new Spidey movies (and let the studio keep the rights) and talks fell through? They went back to negotiations and struck a deal in February 2015.

We might get something concrete after MI: Fallout comes out, especially if it's another big hit. McQuarrie will be in a better position to negotiate for a deal then.

DenOfGeek already debunked the scoop. Pretty much the only times I hear any "scoop" about Green Lantern Corps seems to always come from these "Hashtag Show" guys. How reliable are they anyway?

DenOfGeek already debunked the scoop. Pretty much the only times I hear any "scoop" about Green Lantern Corps seems to always come from these "Hashtag Show" guys. How reliable are they anyway?

[YT]VYza70upD34[/YT]

[YT]hqt6t_Xmx1k[/YT]

Armie as Hal
Sterling K. Brown as John

Give it to me, Double you Bee

Armie Hammer as Hal Jordan and Sterling K Brown as John Stewart...now that is an ideal pairing for Lanterns if I ever saw any

So it's 50/50 then? Sometimes they get it right, others they are embarrassingly off the mark.

They seem to be spot on when it comes to TV shows and casting calls. With movies it can go either way.

While there's no news on him being attached to GLC, I want to put it out there that John Krasinski is getting fantastic buzz on his feature directorial debut A Quiet Place. I know he doesn't exactly look the part of Hal, but a smaller well-reviewed film like this usually gets studios eager to have an untested director take a chance on a blockbuster film.

While there's no news on him being attached to GLC, I want to put it out there that John Krasinski is getting fantastic buzz on his feature directorial debut A Quiet Place. I know he doesn't exactly look the part of Hal, but a smaller well-reviewed film like this usually gets studios eager to have an untested director take a chance on a blockbuster film.

It would be best to get someone who's more tested for something like GLC.
I almost read Joseph Krasinski in your post.

If they're really going for a police procedural feel, I wonder what Antoine Fuqua could do with it.

John Krasinski I can actually see him as Hal now believe it or not

He could pull it off possibly , but I think he would be the perfect Ted Kord for the DCEU. Cooper or Hammer for Hal and Whittle for JohnnStewart

I could kinda see it with Krasinski. Maybe. If he gets Emily Blunt to come aboard as Carol Ferris, I'm DEFINITELY in.

John Krasinski should’ve been Barry Allen to Idris Elba’s John Stewart in the Justice League movie

Holy crap, Sterling K. Brown would be an Amazing choice.

For me it'd be either him or Trevante Rhodes or the guy from American Gods

Holy crap, Sterling K. Brown would be an Amazing choice.

For me it'd be either him or Trevante Rhodes or the guy from American Gods

Yeah, I'd be all for any of those guys. All good-to-great actors and they each look the part.

Well I'm going to go all out here - because I can, though I'm only including (what I deem to be) the most likely Green Lanterns for now.

Atrocitus: Dominic Purcell (Mick Rory/Heatwave (Legends of Tomorrow)) or Dave Bautista (Drax)

Larfleeze: Jim Carrey or Anthony Carrigan (Gotham's Victor Zsasz)

Sinestro: Luke Evans

Hal Jordan: Armie Hammer
John Stewart: D. B. Woodside (Lucifer's Amenadiel) or Mahershala Ali (Cottonmouth via Luke Cage)
Jessica Cruz: Natalie Martinez or Seychelle Gabriel

Bro'Dee (Saint Walker): Doug Jones

Iroque (Indigo-1): Thandie Newton

Carol Ferris (Star Sapphire): Olivia Wilde

He could pull it off possibly , but I think he would be the perfect Ted Kord for the DCEU. Cooper or Hammer for Hal and Whittle for JohnnStewart

Well its not like Ted Kord has any chance of showing up on the big screen (Jaime is the definitive Blue Beetle), so might as well cast him as Hal Jordan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"