The Official Green Lantern Rumors/Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep forgetting about Olivia Wilde for some reason, probably because she ain't doing high profile stuff lately. But yeah, she would work.

Well its not like Ted Kord has any chance of showing up on the big screen (Jaime is the definitive Blue Beetle), so might as well cast him as Hal Jordan.

Well, Hal is the definitive Green Lantern as well, and he will share a movie with John, not sure why they can't do the same with Jaime and Ted. Didn't the Arrow producers say a while back that they planned to introduce Ted but DC "had plans for him" so they chose Ray Palmer instead.

Didn't the Arrow producers say a while back that they planned to introduce Ted but DC "had plans for him" so they chose Ray Palmer instead.

I don't watch the CW shows but that does seem to ring a bell.

In a Green Lantern film who should be the lead Lantern? Hal or John? If you really had to choose between the 2

Young John as the focal point with Hal coming in second.

Okay with John as the lead and Hal being the background then who is the love interest for John especially if the film is centered around him

Yeah respect that but then every solo film whether it be DC or Marvel always has a love interest and if John is supposed to be the main character he should have one shouldn't he not?

You can start one but I'd treat it like cap or BP, how he has a relationship with Sharon Carter but it's not all at the forefront of the story. Or start it small and build it as time goes. Some stories just don't have room for a love interest.

Okay with John as the lead and Hal being the background then who is the love interest for John especially if the film is centered around him

Katma Tui

You can start one but I'd treat it like cap or BP, how he has a relationship with Sharon Carter but it's not all at the forefront of the story. Or start it small and build it as time goes. Some stories just don't have room for a love interest.

Or DC can create one for him similar to what Marvel did when they created a love interest out of thin air for Dr Strange they can do the same thing for Green Lantern by giving John a love interest like that

Or if they focus the film around Hal Jordan with him being the main character then his love interest has gotta be Carol

In a Green Lantern film who should be the lead Lantern? Hal or John? If you really had to choose between the 2

Hal. Though the human Lanterns arguably work better as a unit, so I would have both be co-leads as I hope the reboot would do. Neither should be in the background or play second fiddle to prop up the other one.

Hal. Though the human Lanterns arguably work better as a unit, so I would have both be co-leads as I hope the reboot would do. Neither should be in the background or play second fiddle to prop up the other one.

So both as co-leads would be like a buddy action film meet sci fi but also include comedic moments too

As for the villain for Green Lantern Corps who should it be? I mean Sinestro he should be saved until like the sequel but if they want to use him right out of the gate then who do you cast?

I mean Mark Strong back in 2011 he was awesome as Sinestro but now he is a part of the DCEU all be it again but he is playing a different villain this time in Shazam he is playing Dr. Sivana

Which is why I would go with Luke Evans as Sinestro or even Dan Stevens as Sinestro

Sinestro shouldn't be saved for a sequel. It's bad enough he wasn't the main villain for the first GL film.

As for who should be the lead, it should either be Hal or Hal and John as co leads.

Personally love the co-leads idea a whole lot but I would probably go with Hal as lead

Depending on how old or young they make Stewart if they added Cruz they may use her like they do with Simon Baz in the books, where they start off platonic and slowly start feeling attraction.

Trevante Rhodes as John and as Hal then Armie Hammer but for Gina if they want to build a romance between her and John I would go with Gina Rodriguez

If this is truly a movie about the Green Lantern CORPS, I would go with The Manhunters for the villains. We see who the Guardians are, what the Corps is for, where Oa is, etc. Start the movie with whoever the main Lanterns are doing Corps business and saving sectors. One senior Lantern, one new Lantern. Neither are highly distinguished members yet. They get intel about missing and murdered Lanterns, they go back to Oa to investigate, and the whole movie is about them unraveling a conspiracy. "An attack from within" scenario, so to speak. Thwarting a coup de'tat. Finding out the Guardians aren't as benevolent as our Lanterns believed, losing faith in the Corps and regaining it by the end. By the end of the movie you have the Green Lantern Corps standing strong once more. And our Lanterns are now the esteemed heroes of the Guardians. Something like that.

I'd like to see John - so long as it's gruff, ex-military John. When I first got into comics Hal was the GL but I've been a fan of John since the DCAU.

If this is truly a movie about the Green Lantern CORPS, I would go with The Manhunters for the villains. We see who the Guardians are, what the Corps is for, where Oa is, etc. Start the movie with whoever the main Lanterns are doing Corps business and saving sectors. One senior Lantern, one new Lantern. Neither are highly distinguished members yet. They get intel about missing and murdered Lanterns, they go back to Oa to investigate, and the whole movie is about them unraveling a conspiracy. "An attack from within" scenario, so to speak. Thwarting a coup de'tat. Finding out the Guardians aren't as benevolent as our Lanterns believed, losing faith in the Corps and regaining it by the end. By the end of the movie you have the Green Lantern Corps standing strong once more. And our Lanterns are now the esteemed heroes of the Guardians. Something like that.

You should definitely write this film...good idea

That's what I would want.

You should definitely write this film...good idea

Ha..! Thanks. :woot: I don't know Green Lantern lore well, though. I've never read their comics, so I don't know how interesting The Manhunters would be - just that they are the Guardians' first attempt at a military order. That could create some solid tension in the film. My whole idea was if this is to be a "Corps" film that they shouldn't make it about Sinestro or any other color Corps just yet. I guess if you had to include Sinestro, he could be the 'insider' that gets The Manhunters into Oa and betrays the Corps.

One thing I didn't like about Wonder Woman is that we didn't get to know the Amazons that well. Which is fine since it was about Diana in Man's World. We should though spend more time with the Atlanteans in Aquaman and definitely more time with the Corps itself in GLC.

So my oldest daughter watched Justice League on Blu-Ray. We had an interesting exchange:

Me: "What did you think?"

Her: "I really liked it, but I'm confused."

Me: "About what?"

Her: "Where was Green Lantern?"

Me: "There was one in the flashback battle. His name was Yalan Gur."

Her: "But where was one of the real Green Lanterns."

Me: "A lot of people are trying to figure that out, sweetie."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts