The Official Man of Steel Blu Ray Thread

Kryptonian Warrior

The Dawn Is Upon Us
Reaction score
So the movie is out and it's time to start thinking about the Blu Ray release. What would you guys like to see included in the special features? I hope that it's something along the lines of the Superman Returns Blu Ray. Like the movie or not, you have to admit that the Special Features was really well done. Hopefully we get something like that. Hopefully we will see an in-depth "making of" featurette and deleted scenes. I'm hoping that it will be an interactive Blu Ray with the "Second Screen" feature.

Oh and if they decide to make a Limited Edition Blu Ray, what would you like to see it come with? For example, last years The Dark Knight Rises had the broken cowl case and this years Star Trek: Into Darkness is going to have a Limited Edition that comes with the Blu Ray and a mock phaser.

I expect the pre-order to go up VERY soon. Anyways, this is where to post all things Man of Steel Blu Ray.

This as the slip-cover or metal cover (best buy!!!):

superman-man-of-steel-poster-800x500.jpeg

With this as the cover underneath:

Man-of-Steel-Poster-Superman-High-Res.jpg

I would really put extra money in to have a kryptonian command key. God, just the significance of having one would be amazing to me.

375602_10151446326042344_1331817895_n.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe a Director's Cut? That would be neat, but I wouldn't be disappointed if there wasn't one.

I already love the film but longer cut would be awesome.

We definitely need a Man of Steelbook.

Definitely would love to see an in-depth featurette about the visual effects of the film, especially WETA's work on the Krypton scenes.

3 hour directors cut!

I would like there to be a mini documentary on the 75 years of Superman.

I've already pre ordered mine through Wal Mart in store pre order. Here's the info on it.

Price: $26.98
collectible magnetic card
Part of the pre order package with linticular 3D artwork. Here is a link to an eBay auction for the magnetic card:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Man-of-Stee...112?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item485685b758

UltraViolet digital copy
12/01 is the date listed when available but I can't remember if this was on UltraViolet's or Vudu's site.

Exclusive contenet on Vudu
I'll have to look to see what they are because I can't remember off the top of my head.

Exclusive packaging
On the pre oder package it shows the packaging being like the picture that Ultimatehero posted except Man of Steel is vertical on the right side of the S shield insted of below it.

The pre order package says to redeem your pre order code no later than 11/4/13 to receive your Blu Ray combo pack this Fall 2013. So my guess is that the release date for the BR is probaly either 12/10 or 12/17. I say that because I also did the WM G.I. Joe Retaliation pre order thought WM and you can watch the UltraViolet digital copy on 7/16 and the BR comes out on 7/30 and also because of the 12/01 date listed on UltraViolet's or Vudu's site.

Last edited:
This as the slip-cover or metal cover (best buy!!!):

superman-man-of-steel-poster-800x500.jpeg

With this as the cover underneath:

Man-of-Steel-Poster-Superman-High-Res.jpg

I would really put extra money in to have a kryptonian command key. God, just the significance of having one would be amazing to me.

375602_10151446326042344_1331817895_n.jpg

one pic isn't showing up...try posting again?

I would like to see Cavill's audition for both MOS and Flyby.

^ I would like to see that along with other actors reading for the part. I'm just curious to see who all auditioned for MOS.

It's funny when I heard Snyder say Henry wore Reeve's suit. I HIGHLY doubt it was the exact same suit that Reeve wore on set while shooting his Superman movies. It had to be a mock of the one he wore.

Definitely a steelbook case. With a Director's Cut, as well as an option to watch the Theatrical Cut.

DIRECTORS CUT! There's no way an hour of footage wouldn't slow things down and add in elements. Also, when Zack says there's too much action in the script, it means that Goyer overcompensated for SR :p

I still think a Director's Cut would be neat, even if it's only like 8 minutes of new footage. Let's just say if there was one, I would like for the extra footage to be the origin stuff.

Well Snyder, you heard it here. We're demanding the Extended Cut, NOW GIVE IT TO US!

3 disc embossed steelbook edition with director's cut and tons of behind the scenes/bonus content.

I'd want the better part of a half hour of extra content. Preferably a baby Clark scene right before the Oil rig moment.

I'd want the better part of a half hour of extra content. Preferably a baby Clark scene right before the Oil rig moment.

I hope they add the scene where baby clark breaks all the windows in the pediatrician's office from screaming so loud.

The novelizations version of the oil rig scene is awesome and feels far less "trailerish" than the actual scene in the movie; i would hope that if a fuller version of the scene was shot that it would make it onto the blu ray. I don't know if there were really so many deleted scenes, probably just fleshed out versions of the scenes that did make it into the movie.

I just want the chance to slow the action scenes down in HD and really appreciate the sfx.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"