X-Men The Official MCU X-Men News and Discussion Thread

I'd rather see Logan with Storm myself. Jean belongs with Scott and no one else.

They just must do something different
Emma belongs with Scott in first movie because Jean is dead before snap, in which x-men remained unknown to public
Then they ressurect Jean in upcoming movies but I dont know if Feige agrees to ressurect characters like marvel comics usually does

I don't know how much I care for the idea of Jean being dead before we meet her and then getting resurrected, but if Feige liked the story pitch there's no reason he wouldn't do it.

Resurrecting one person doesn't mean you suddenly have to resurrect everyone, especially when that person was never shown before their death in the first place. And especially when that person is Jean Grey. Her name is literally even Phoenix, anyway.

And besides, it wouldn't be the first resurrection Feige's approved (Loki, Gamora, Coulson, Fury).

The Dark Phoenix Saga has never been properly done in film, so I think it would be a wasted opportunity for Marvel to leave that on the table just because others have done ****ty versions of it in other movies. Your version will clearly stand apart because the bar is practically touching the floor.

After seeing so many changes in Mcu movies that aren't similar in the comics

i wouldn't mind if Jean already has the phoeniX and instead of being a coXmic force coming into her, it is part of her mutation.

I'd rather see it as a mutation, than the phoeniX being a separate entity. But thats just me. Its going to take forever before Marvel Studios releases X-Men 4. Changes will be made, and I wouldn't mind that.

The Dark Phoenix Saga has never been properly done in film, so I think it would be a wasted opportunity for Marvel to leave that on the table just because others have done ****ty versions of it in other movies. Your version will clearly stand apart because the bar is practically touching the floor.

I honestly never want to see that storyline in live action again.

Its just, we had too much Scott/Jean romance in live adaptations since 2000. Done with this

Thats why if Feige wants something new, lets Scott/Emma relationship making debut for x-men MCU. And just tell Jean was his former lover

For Spidey, they merged MJ Watson and Michelle Rodrigez in comics, they made Michelle Jones Watson. I never liked this idea but MCU wants something new

I don't need to see Dark PhoeniX, but I want to see Marvel Girl harness the power of the phoeniX - though as a mutation. Not a fan of the coXmic fiery bird just going to different bodies.

Jeff Loveness cannot be allowed anywhere near anything X related.

Its just, we had too much Scott/Jean romance in live adaptations since 2000. Done with this.
I think this comes down to that whole "done properly" point. In previous films we were told Jean and Scott are a couple. But I feel "Apocalypse" was the only movie that tried to establish any rapport between them. With lukewarm results

I'm not really even that big of a fan of the Scott/Jean pairing. But I think people who are deserve a film they can show their friends and say "See? That's why I ship those two crazy kids!"

Last edited:
How many Chances they change Jean Grey Race? happen with Mary Jane in the MCU Mary Jane is Michelle Jones maybe MCU Jean would still be White but not a Redhead Girl

How many Chances they change Jean Grey Race? happen with Mary Jane in the MCU Mary Jane is Michelle Jones maybe MCU Jean would still be White but not a Redhead Girl
Doesn't bother me in the least. She is defined by her powers more than her looks. :)

Storm has an iconic look and a backstory that is specifically African. Jean Grey has always been portrayed as a generic, relatable everywoman. There is an obvious difference.
So is Mary Jane but for some Reason they changed her Name in the MCU and she is Brown now Magneto is not Black in the Comics and there are Rumors that he or Xavier will be Black in the MCU

Personally, when I see them in the movie, I want them to look like their comic book counterpart, so Marvel Studios should find actors that look the part. I didn't read hundreds of comic books and anticipate the movie reboot, not to see that. Plain and simple.

Doesn't bother me in the least. She is defined by her powers more than her looks. :)

The race swapping concept in casting is a triggering issue in fandom to be sure, and I suppose it always will be , but I wouldn't mind if a POC played Jean in the reboot.

On that note, if they were making a MCU X Men film today( which they aren't:funny:) I could see Nico Parker( The Last Of Us) as a younger version Jean Grey .

los-angeles-premiere-of-hbo-39-s-quot-the-last-of-us-quot-arrivals.jpg

The race swapping concept in casting is a triggering issue in fandom to be sure, and I suppose it always will be , but I wouldn't mind if a POC played Jean in the reboot.

On that note, if they were making a MCU X Men film today( which they aren't:funny:) I could see Nico Parker( The Last Of Us) as a younger version Jean Grey .

los-angeles-premiere-of-hbo-39-s-quot-the-last-of-us-quot-arrivals.jpg
I'm good with this. ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"