• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

X-Men The Official MCU X-Men News and Discussion Thread

Every iconic superhero role has been recasted over the decades. Wolverine shouldnt be an exception. He's not god, he is just a d*** character.
Enough of this protective attitude regarding Jackman and his Wolverine.

If the X-Men are gonna get rebooted/recasted (again), Wolverine must be included on that.
period.
Keaton’s Batman was great (his Bruce Wayne wasn’t your typical Wayne, more like Wayne with a bit of Beetlejuice in him :D ). But if we gatekeep and keep old Keaton forever we don’t get Bale and Battinson and whoever comes next. Same goes for Nicholson’s Joker, no Ledger or Phoenix, and of course worst of all, no Leto!! :funny:

Maguire’s successors have each brought something to the table. And with Sean Connery, the definitive James Bond for me, if we’d never have recast him we would have missed decades of great Bond films.

We will get a new Wolverine be it soon or a fair amount of time later, and there’s nothing stopping that Wolverine being great if the actor and all the creatives involved with making that character as good as possible do their job well.

Those characters are so different that I don’t see one as replacing the other. I’d love to eventually get both and see their relationship (a bit like we got it Logan) even if they do other things and are in different teams most of the time.
Maybe we'll get some of that relationship in the upcoming Wolverine game.

Maybe we'll get some of that relationship in the upcoming Wolverine game.
Good point. The games usually involve a fair amount of characters so there’s every chance a solo Wolverine would encounter her. Would love to see it if so. It would also only raise her profile further when it comes time to make the next big screen appearance.

Reactions: Lip
I believe we're looking at 2029 for an X-Men movie, the earliest. SW will probably be delayed to 2028, and that being optimistic that there won't be any other delays till then.

Thankfully we at least have the cartoon next year. Hopefully we'll get multiple seasons, or a brand new cartoon with a new concept.
It’s a shame the MCU seemed to mess itself up in this interim period as well as the actor for Kang getting himself into serious trouble. The pandemic and actor/writer-studio disputes also led to delays and it seems we aren’t a whole lot closer now than when we first started having discussions about X-Men potentially appearing in the MCU.

Just hope Feige and co can start steering the ship more smoothly from here so there are no more delays and that the MCU is popular again by the time of the debut of X-Men, to give X-Men the best possible chance and hopefully not a compromised budget (like we got used to under Fox).

They can recast the Wolverine / Logan in 2035, I won't care.

I want to see Cyclops, Psylocke, Storm, Jean, Rogue, Iceman, Colossus, Polaris, Dazzler, Cecilia, Jubilee, Havok, Banshee, Angel, Forge, Gambit, etc... in X-Men 1 to 3.

It’s a shame the MCU seemed to mess itself up in this interim period as well as the actor for Kang getting himself into serious trouble. The pandemic and actor/writer-studio disputes also led to delays and it seems we aren’t a whole lot closer now than when we first started having discussions about X-Men potentially appearing in the MCU.

Just hope Feige and co can start steering the ship more smoothly from here so there are no more delays and that the MCU is popular again by the time of the debut of X-Men, to give X-Men the best possible chance and hopefully not a compromised budget (like we got used to under Fox).
The thing is if only they have the guts to cancel half of their announced projects (Thunderbolts, Wonder Man, VisionQuest, Nova, Daredevil and... Blade because they can't seem to get the camera rolling for Blade after all this time), and focus on what would really eXcite people and drive back the public to watch these Mcu films in the cinemas, maybe things would be a lot better and they won't have to delay Avengers 5 and 6, for another year.

They are really stubborn if they are still planning to release Thunderbolts and Blade, less than 2 years from now and before a new Avengers movie. With the current state of the MCU, Thunderbolts and Blade are just gonna flop. I'm not including Fantastic 4 in the list of projects that should be canceled because its Fantastic 4 but that one also needs to be released after a highly successful film (Spider-Man)

Also, they will also have to release several shows for the neXt 2 years (Echo, Agatha, Ironheart) because those are already filmed and those would just dilute more interest for the mcu brand. Its a mess.

Marvel Studios already released 10 films, 8 live action shows and 2 special presentations since Endgame was released. A new Avengers is quite overdue now. And when the X-Men film is about to be released in 2029 or early 2030s, I don't want the X-Men to have a huge responsibility of saving the Mcu, because Disney/Feige didn't dial back their annual releases when the Marvels already flopped.

They can recast the Wolverine / Logan in 2035, I won't care.

I want to see Cyclops, Psylocke, Storm, Jean, Rogue, Iceman, Colossus, Polaris, Dazzler, Cecilia, Jubilee, Havok, Banshee, Angel, Forge, Gambit, etc... in X-Men 1 to 3.
By the time they get to the third main MCU X-Men film, I would hope we get to have seen most of the main X-Men characters. Would be amazing for them all to be involved in a big event at that point, maybe in 2 teams.

By the time they get to the third main MCU X-Men film, I would hope we get to have seen most of the main X-Men characters. Would be amazing for them all to be involved in a big event at that point, maybe in 2 teams.
I don't feel as optimistic as i was before. The Disney+ shows eXplosion, several recent mcu films being some of the MCU's worst (personally speaking/critically speaking) and The Marvels flopping so hard just 4 years after Endgame, really shows Marvel Studios is just like any other film studio. They aren't Invincible.

I'm hoping we would get a dozen of X-Men (members) by X-Men 3. But the first film still feels like light years away. Marvel Studios could be in a worse situation by 2025 and 2026.

A reminder: Kitty Pryde exists too.

So? I want to see Cyclops, Psylocke, Storm, Jean, Rogue, Iceman, Colossus, Polaris, Dazzler, Cecilia, Jubilee, Havok, Banshee, Angel, Forge, Gambit, etc... in X-Men 1 to 3. I can have my preference and that's fine.

Noticed how, I didn't mention the Professor, Magneto, Mystique, Mr. Beast, X-23, Cable and the Wolverine in that post. Am I going to get berated because I didn't even mention every character to be reminded that they eXist?...

I don't feel as optimistic as i was before. The Disney+ shows eXplosion, several recent mcu films being some of the MCU's worst (personally speaking/critically speaking) and The Marvels flopping so hard just 4 years after Endgame, really shows Marvel Studios is just like any other film studio. They aren't Invincible.

I'm hoping we would get a dozen of X-Men (members) by X-Men 3. But the first film still feels like light years away. Marvel Studios could be in a worse situation by 2025 and 2026.
Yeah, of course they weren’t invincible but it's a shame it's taken so long to get to X-Men and that the decline is happening in this interim period before the first film. I think you could have 6 field team members in the first film and then add a few in each sequel (or in other projects) at varying levels. Having some as students might make it easier to get the young ones in there as supports too.

I’ve started an animated show rewatch. Getting me hungry to see new versions of these characters in live action, and also renewing my love of this group as a whole. A shame we are still so far away, but I used to enjoy the daily dreaming of what is to come (even if that didn’t live up to the dreams every time, the speculation itself was still super-fun).

The 90s one or another?

I've been watching the 90s animates series too. But to get ready to 97.
90s but I’ll watch rewatch Evolution and restart and finish that Anime one too. Got busy while I was watching it for a few months and then forgot. Really looking forward to 97.

Reactions: Lip
I love Evolution. Rewatched it last year.

Hopefully we'll get 97 soon
Now that I’ve started, I’ll likely watch them all. Very easy viewing to put on in bits while getting work done. Hopefully 97 is the start of a bunch of X-related animated projects over the long term future.

Now that I’ve started, I’ll likely watch them all. Very easy viewing to put on in bits while getting work done. Hopefully 97 is the start of a bunch of X-related animated projects over the long term future.
As long as Gambit is in it. :D

i quit wanting new actors doubt that’s gonna happen unfortunately

He doesnt know who Christopher Nolan is, it seems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"