X-Men The Official MCU X-Men News and Discussion Thread

He doesn't understand some of this own goddamn biggest hits.

I wanna hear how Quantumania failed because of too much focus on positive messaging. Like what even would the positive message of that movie be? Don't enslave people? Love your daughter? Don't be a dick? Ants rule?

It’s crazy because you look at the years biggest hits, barbie, oppenheimer, guardians of the galaxy vol 3 and they all had messages. In fact, it’s the films with no messages that resonated that flopped.

anyway, pretty obvious they’re going to aim to appease the other side now so prepare for like, a Disney princess who fights to preserve the white race or something

I just don't think this current MCU will do a good X-men movie. They probably don't even know what the name means.
X-men stands for Extra power.PNG

i hope they dont change the races of Xavier, Magneto Cyclops or Jean Gray but with today Marvel you can expect anything

this board feels dead, lol. Interesting week with quite a few interesting reboot rumors:

Marvel plans for 1st X-Men film:

Call me 200% in! 🔥🔥🔥:starstruck::starstruck::starstruck:

I have zero faith in rumors years ahead of any hypothetical release date, but letting Magneto rest is definitely a very good idea, as is leveraging the X-men's reputation as having the best female characters in Marvel Comics. Sinister is the obvious choice of a popular villain who was never actually used by Fox. I'm not a fan of him, but that's mainly because he's so often poorly written in the comics so if the movie uses him well it shouldn't be a problem.

I'm tired with Magneto.

Mr. Sinister seems like an obvious choice since out of the X-Men's big 3 bads, he's the only character that has yet to appear in a X-Men movie.

I have been waiting to see a legionquest into Age of Apocalypse. But Mr Sinister has always been one of the Villains I wanted to see, he has a really interesting backstory with Apocalypse. I like all the connections between Cyclops, Sinister, Cable and all that. Then later on the alternate Cable, Nate Grey. Sinister is a good villain. They will probably just do the marauders and morlocks with him though and not get to the Cable stuff. I really want to see his backstory with Apocalypse though.

Back then I always thought Tim Curry would be a good Essex, but time has moved on from that choice.

I get that early rumors should be taken with a grain of salt, but this comes from DanielRPK, who has a proven tracked record. And lets be honest, Disney bought Fox in 2019, Kevin Feige has had four full years to start planning the future saga, so its very likely he has some projects and ideas in store already. So these weeks rumors, along with Marvel meeting with writers after the strike arent that crazy.

I would love it if the team we see in the first film has more female X-Men members. Psylocke, Storm, Rogue, Jean, Cecilia, Jubilee, Sage, Polaris and Dazzler. I'll save Emma, Shadowcat and Marrow for the sequels.

The correct way to do an x-film is to focus on the women characters first. All the best x-stories centre women.

The idea of focusing on a fresh villain and female characters sounds like a much needed approach.

I just hope they find a creative team who loves the X-Men. I'm sick of creative teams who only see them as supporting characters of Logan's story.

It's quite easy to be the star of the X-Men when you're constantly stealing other characters' roles and stories.

Edit: Oh and we definitely need someone who loves Cyclops. And for **** sake keep Jean away from Logan.

More from DanielRPK. It seems the reason Magneto wouldn't be in the next X-Men movie is because he's gonna be busy leading his own movie.

Reactions: Lip
If Wanda is there, it would be awesome. We know Olsen wants to be part of the X-Men world. Too bad Pietro is dead.

And I kind of like Toad.

I just don't want to see Mystique following Erik's order. Give her her own team with Destiny, Avalanche, Pyro and Rogue.

I'm definitely not interested in a villain team movie even if its the mutants... so geez Marvel Studios if true.

I would watch a brotherhood film obviously but I think a mcu/disney brotherhood film would be all about how radical activism is bad actually. So I don’t think they’ll do it right.

I would love a stryfe film too actually

Now with the Kang storyline being discarded i could see mutants and X-Men characters appear sooner in the MCU in Avengers 5 or Secret Wars i just hope Deadpool kills Kang in Deadpool 3 so they can move on to Beyonder Doctor Doom or the X-Men

I'd rather see that they fast track a Marvel Studios' X-Men 2, by releasing it two years after Marvel Studios' X-Men Begin.

Marvel Studios' Brotherhood of Evil Mutants sounds like a typical idea for a 1 and done Marvel movie, and if it goes beyond a single movie, it still doesn't feel like a must have, compare to X-Men sequels.

I would watch a brotherhood film obviously but I think a mcu/disney brotherhood film would be all about how radical activism is bad actually. So I don’t think they’ll do it right.

I would love a stryfe film too actually
Good point, but I think portraying them solely as antagonist would give that impression.

In their own movie the story would be told from their POV. That's different.

But yeah, it's Disney, so you have a point there.

this board feels dead, lol. Interesting week with quite a few interesting reboot rumors:

Marvel plans for 1st X-Men film:

Call me 200% in! 🔥🔥🔥:starstruck::starstruck::starstruck:

Sinister and a female-focused first MCU X-Men film would both be great for me. I posted this in another thread and will repost it to save typing out something similar.

“Sinister I massively want. Along with that rumour I saw mention that they wanted a female-focused first film. I really hope that’s true and it’s what I asked for in the opening post of the original MCU X-Men thread. :cool:

So many strong female characters on the team and it could differentiate well compared to Avengers and Justice League.

Storm and Jean are likely anyway, and I want Rogue and Psylocke on the starting field team. Then if they have students, Kitty and Jubilee as supports could contribute from the background.

Sage as in-house tech, Cecilia Reyes as resident doc, Moira MacTaggert. Polaris and Emma Frost for sequels, tons of opportunities.”

Yeah, those rumors are already given me red flags, especially with Iger's comments.

Imagine if they skipped Sinister completely and just went to Mother Righteous lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"