X-Men The Official MCU X-Men News and Discussion Thread

The point I was making was while I agree we don't need Wolverine on the team initally, the comics weren't thriving for those 11 years before his introduction.
There were a lot of changes in the books over the years. I just want the MCU version to go back to the basics, instead of constantly shoving whoever's currently most popular in our faces every film.

I would be happy to have a break from the rotating cast of game of thrones actors working with a script written by the rick and Morty team

Well, I am in favor of updating most of X-Men to look acceptably diverse for today's standards. However, if they chose a white guy to play Erik, I like Murray Bartlett.

images

Great actor, gray hair, proper age (imo), and much like Sir Ian McKellen, openly gay. Although the character (probably) wouldn't be gay.

And speaking of which, I kinda got a queer subtext on 97 when Jubilee call him Charles' ex... bestie. And the whole will thing. But that's probably the big gay in me.
Murray is my top pick for Stryfe

This X-Men 97 reception is building my excitement for the eventual MCU film. It's so good when they can release something that a wide range of fans can enjoy. Probably will be more difficult to get that right for the film but at least this is one small positive sign that it's possible.

This X-Men 97 reception is building my excitement for the eventual MCU film. It's so good when they can release something that a wide range of fans can enjoy. Probably will be more difficult to get that right for the film but at least this is one small positive sign that it's possible.
I enjoyed some of the '90s cartoon, but I didn't see every episode. I also had abandoned most comics by then, following the characters by various films and TV shows. My biggest intro to "X-Men" was the first movie, and I still remember all the crazy hype about it at the time.

Oh look, an episode from the original cartoon in its second season where the Friends of Humanity attack a hospital for association with a mutant.

Not at all relevant nearly 30 years later. /sarcasm

Yeah its too bad, the actual X-Men reboot is still years away.

And even though I've said that its best for the Multiverse Saga to end first before the releasing the X-Men reboot. I totally didn't eXpect back in 2019, when Endgame came out, that there still won't be a X-Men film by phas5 and siX.

Makes me wonder if Marvel Studios, just focused on introducing F4 and X-Men alongside the traditional sequels for Infinity Saga heroes, post Endgame. Rather than branching out to Eternals, Black Widow solo movie, Thunderbolts, a Captain America legacy movie, possibly a Young Avengers movie and those countless MCU shows.

Maybe while those guys are having their time it’ll give them time to properly plan a series of x-films

Yeah its too bad, the actual X-Men reboot is still years away.

And even though I've said that its best for the Multiverse Saga to end first before the releasing the X-Men reboot. I totally didn't eXpect back in 2019, when Endgame came out, that there still won't be a X-Men film by phas5 and siX.

Makes me wonder if Marvel Studios, just focused on introducing F4 and X-Men alongside the traditional sequels for Infinity Saga heroes, post Endgame. Rather than branching out to Eternals, Black Widow solo movie, Thunderbolts, a Captain America legacy movie, possibly a Young Avengers movie and those countless MCU shows.

They absolutely overestimated their ability to keep the MCU going with lesser-known characters but hindsight is 20/20.

Would you want those films if it meant that Shuler-Donner and Kinberg remained as producers?

Would you want those films if it meant that Shuler-Donner and Kinberg remained as producers?

I've personally never believed the rumors that the Fox era producers and actors had such powerful contracts that they couldn't be booted from the franchise until 2025. Especially the actors part. Since when do actors who aren't Tom Cruise or Will Smith have ironclad contracts that don't allow the studio to recast them/to reboot an IP? And we're talking about the prequel timeline actors. The biggest names there are McAvoy and Fassbender and I don't think they had the juice to have a contract like that.
As for the producers, Feige could have easily made it work with Shuler-Donner (he started out there) and Kinberg who was already working on Disney Star Wars before Disney acquired Fox.

I've personally never believed the rumors that the Fox era producers and actors had such powerful contracts that they couldn't be booted from the franchise until 2025. Especially the actors part. Since when do actors who aren't Tom Cruise or Will Smith have ironclad contracts that don't allow the studio to recast them/to reboot an IP? And we're talking about the prequel timeline actors. The biggest names there are McAvoy and Fassbender and I don't think they had the juice to have a contract like that.
As for the producers, Feige could have easily made it work with Shuler-Donner (he started out there) and Kinberg who was already working on Disney Star Wars before Disney acquired Fox.

The actors, no. The producers, absolutely I'm certain they did.

The actors, no. The producers, absolutely I'm certain they did.

But wasn't it reported by the trades that Marvel is already taking X-men pitches from writers? If the producers' contracts aren't up until 2025 then Marvel couldn't be doing even that without their involvement.

What I would have wanted In an X-Men film in 2020 is minimally different than what I'd want in an X-Men film now so I don't mind the wait.

But honestly I want them to really try with this one. It's not even about shared universes at this point, it's THE X-Men, the perfect comic book team. I'd be legitimately crushed if this film ends up poorly.

What I would have wanted In an X-Men film in 2020 is minimally different than what I'd want in an X-Men film now so I don't mind the wait.

But honestly I want them to really try with this one. It's not even about shared universes at this point, it's THE X-Men, the perfect comic book team. I'd be legitimately crushed if this film ends up poorly.
Yeah, I don’t think any other CBM property has as much room to disappoint me as the upcoming MCU X-Men. If they don’t get it right first time I think people would also lose faith that they’d get it right at all.

They absolutely overestimated their ability to keep the MCU going with lesser-known characters but hindsight is 20/20.
Yeah but I'm still surprised they greenlit a Black Widow movie that was set before Endgame. I also don't think it was needed to tease a Thunderbolts movie. While Shang-Chi 2 is not even in their release date yet, so it feels like they aren't even taking advantage of the goodwill from Shang-Chi 1. Even an Eternals 2 (even before The Marvels flopped) wasn't even confirmed to be in the works.

Then there's also that Blade movie that can't seem to start filming. I feel like Kevin Feige and company simply have too many projects at the same time. I feel like neXt year, would be the ultimate test, when they launched a Sam Wilson movie, Thunderbolts and the 2nd reboot of Fantastic 4 in the span of 6 months???. The first two (especially if not good) won't help the Fantastic 4 to convince the general public to give it a chance by seeing the movie in the theaters... That 2025 line up needs help.

I feel like in phase 1 to 3, eXcept for Hulk (due to Universal's rights), Marvel Studios seemed to have a plan that was easy to follow. Sequels+Avengers+solo movies for newer character that later showed up in Avengers 3/4.

This multiverse saga isn't really like that, especially if you consider all those shows/specials/cartoons in the "sacred timeline". Like some people just want to be entertained, and not think all of the thousand connections in 50 different projects. If therewere somebreakout characters like Shang-Chi, we aren't seeing them soon enough simply because there's plenty of other projects to be released first...

Why not? Because that would mean the movie comes out before Secret Wars (currently dated for May 2027)?
I don't know if this is a reliable source. Also, although it was already confirmed Marvel was having meeting with writers pitching ideas for the X-Men past year, we still don't have a writer attached, nor a director.

It kind of seems too optimistic to start next year.

I don't know if this is a reliable source. Also, although it was already confirmed Marvel was having meeting with writers pitching ideas for the X-Men past year, we still don't have a writer attached, nor a director.

It kind of seems too optimistic to start next year.

Plenty of time to announce all of that imo.

Production Weekly is a relatively reliable source.

I've been under the assumption that the X-Men are a priority and play a huge role in the Multiverse Saga, just like the Fantastic Four are at Marvel. We were already introduced to a universe where the X-Men exist in The Marvels, and now we're getting even more X-Men characters in Deadpool 3. I believe Avengers 5 will be an AvX film, and the X-Men film will either come out before Avengers 5, between Avengers 5 and Secret Wars, or directly follow Secret Wars like Far From Home did.

To be honest, Marvel Studios needed a new X-Men movie right after Endgame came out - instead of a 1 off Black Widow movie, Eternals that appears to be 1 off now, Thunderbolts, a Capt. America legacy movie and Blade (that seems to be taking a page from FoX's Gambit the movie).

My problem though is the timing... the FoX actors (that aren't Kelsey/Patrick) are officially in the mcu in July with that Deadpool movie being released, and that cast would probably appear in Secret Wars. Do we need the new X-Men cast to duke it out with the foX cast and the already large Mcu family in Secret Wars?? If the new X-Men are introduced in 2026 or 2027, would this to be good for other characters that were just introduced in phase 4/5?

Marvel Studios have a lot in their plate and I'd rather see the reboot, post Secret Wars.

After FF, Blade, CA4, Armor Wars, Shang Chi 2, etc... I still think that's very optimistic.

But hey, let's hope, because I'm dying to see a proper X-Men movie.
There's also a possibility for a Thor 5, Dr. Strange 3, Black Panther 3, Nova and of course the rumoured Spider-Man Home 4 that could come out neXt year.

They have a LOT of films in development and idk why it would be a good idea to also throw a X-Men movie, into the miX? If they canceled Thunderbolts and Armor Wars, I might feel differently but Thunderbolts is filming now. Armor Wars might be filming soon???

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"