• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Official Perry White Casting & Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddie Dean

Jokerfied
Reaction score
It always amazes me how many different actors would make an fantastic Perry White. While Frank Langella was decent enough, I can't help thinking what it would be like if we get a great performance like Jason Robards in All The President's Men. Who would you pick for Superman's editor in chief?

perrywhite04.jpg

Last edited:
You're kidding...

This is Perry White in the Nolan-mindset.

large_image-1.jpg

Snyder's frequent collaborator Stephen McHattie still gets my top vote.

mchattie250richard.jpg

1165527476.gif

No! Hugh Laurie should be Jameson. Unlikely sure, but I can dream right?

Hoffman gets my support.

Michael Keaton is a real interesting suggestion. Feels like it would be totally worth it if he mentioned, saw, or met Batman.

Michael Keaton is a real interesting suggestion. Feels like it would be totally worth it if he mentioned, saw, or met Batman.

Michael Keaton? Now that would be awesome.

He's usually seen as a Pa Kent, but I think Kurt Russell would make an outstanding Perry White.

kurtrussell-1.jpg

Michael Caine British Perry White.
Clint Eastwood, not afraid to get in a fist fight Perry White.

JAMES CAAN, DAMMIT.

James_caan.jpg

Or, failing him (also ignoring the fact that he's already been in a Marvel movie), JOHN SLATTERY, DAMMIT.

john_slattery.jpg

Outside the box suggestion and maybe a tad unrealistic but I don't know if there's an actor that does "gruff" better than this guy:

Harrison Ford.

I don't know if he'd take the role though.

Wasn't Hugh Laurie originally cast as Perry White in Superman Returns until scheduling conflicts with House forced him to drop out? Perhaps they should give him another shot this time round.

Heres a question.

How would you want Perry White to be portrayed and which actor do you think would be able to pull of that portrayal?

Frank Langella played a more reserved Perry and while that was ok, Id rather have a more active opinionated and louder version.

I like Ed O'Neil for the role. He absolutely kills in Modern Family and in his portrayal as Jay I can easily the qualities Id like for Perry.

Bruce McGill

I cannot be the only one who sees the uncanny resemblance to this particular drawing, right?
:wow:

Last edited:
Alec Baldwin or James Gandolfini

Bruce McGill

I cannot be the only one who sees the uncanny resemblance to this particular drawing, right?
:wow:

Bruce McGill has the perfect Perry White look. Just needs to lose the jacket, have a cigar in his fist and I'd be almost completely convinced. I'd just need to hear him bark out "Olsen".

I think Ed Harris is an interesting choice. Not one I would have arrived at.

McGill has the craziest bark. I love it when he snaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"