The Official Rate and Review Thread

Why is it when people say something good about themselves or something they find special about themselves other are quick to knock that person down instead of downing what that person feels? People will always be people huh? we never encourage each other on the good but **** talk real quick on the negatives right? anyway...I feel what I feel and have heard many people express positive opinions on my ability to notice and predict many things. I am no psychic, but then we all have the ability to do anything we truly put our minds to

I wasn't knocking ya. I'm just saying different people have different opinions. So you might think you are right about something, but someone else might not. I didn't disagree with anything you said, just the way you was saying it.

Well, just saw the flick last night. I felt I had to, since I'm such a huge fan of DBZ.

Starts off totally unlike anything I'd associate with DBZ; the explanation at the beginning and Goku in high school parts for example, but I was still willing to give it a chance. I even cracked a smile or two after some of the comedic parts in high school. And I thought the fight at Chi Chi's house/castle/mega mansion was not too bad either. But then things went way down from there, because you see, the fight at Chi Chi's, where Goku doesn't actually through a punch was the best fight of the entire movie. You'd think with a movie based on Dragon Ball that the fighting would be the best part of the movie. And you'd be wrong as hell for thinking that becuase the fights were mostly super quick cuts, mixed with slo mos of flips, and zero feeling of consequence. In fact, the whole movie felt inconsequential. It's apparent Fox was just hoping to cash in on the franchise before their lease ran out, with as little effort and $ as possible. Damn, there was some amazingly low budget CGI in this flick; it was insulting.
I thought the acting could have been much better, but I'm not harping on it too much. It was serviceable, well, mostly serviceable. What the hell happened to Chow Yun Fat and Ernie Hudson? They used to be respectable actors that at least gave their effort.
The movie's biggest failure, aside from the Power Ranger's like fight scene at the lava pit where Goku makes a bridge out of Piccolo's pathetic, cloned fighters. Damn, that was lame! The movie's biggest failure is Piccolo. He is totally undeveloped, without any explained motives behind his actions, explanation for his existence or freedom. Hell, he only has about seven lines in the whole movie. He lacks the depth and gravitas that fans assiociate with his character.
Finally, the ending of the movie. Without exaggeration, this has to be the most lackluster final battle in movie history. There aren't any martial arts involved and there's only about 5 punches total thrown and a bunch of ki blasts that miss before the final Kamehameha blast. And that final move was so lame I won't even go into that; it's not worth it. Hell, the whole effort wasn't worth any fan's attention.
4/10-I'm probably being kind, since I have a special place in my heart for DragonballZ.

Last edited:
This is one of the posts that you don't care for reading...

when someone starts off with "WOW"...then you know it's going to be a waste of time to read.

And it was.

If you're not smart enough to understand my post(meaning how the Allspark made the machines evil, why the Allspark landed on Earth and not anywhere else, et cetera), and you're able to sign on to this site...then maybe your brain function only works halfway.

The thing is that every creature is first given life with overall "evil" tendencies until taught how to think different by ones who feel they know what's best. As a child u know to attack something that takes away from u or brings a threat towards you. We are born on instinct alone and react according to our surroundings with the first thought of survival of the fittest. The Transformers were non evil. That word was mis-represented cause They wanted to survive on this new planet as we do when we feel we must cage animals and make dogs our in house slaves. They naturally felt that we were a weaker vessel and wanted to rule us as we do other smaller creatures or of lesser brain capacity. It may seem evil in that sense but it is a survival of the fittest mechanism. Neutering a dog is Selfish and Evil to me, but many will argue for selfish reasons as Optimus and them were the conscious ones when it came to these new "dogs" they came across giving them equal right. On megatron's world he only acted as a guy who didn't like the current order and wanted his own. Like what America do to other countries.

Allspark landed on earth cause that's just where it landed. This is the story of that universe and place in time where the Allspark landed on earth. Maybe it is drawn to life, who cares, like asking why earth happened to be the third rock from the sun and why we need oxygen, and why Columbus happened to find North America, why not Alaska first? It happened that way. language of the universe.

As I recall most of our brains don't even work over 10%, but when they do...Chris Angel, Houdini, Jesus (or the real character he represents), Bruce Lee, etc...we condemn them as weirdos and some supernatural sense. We are supposed to be way more enlightened than we are...We have just been in a mental matrix for so long we forgot what we were capable of. Some break the barrier and go beyond the boundaries of confinement. Finding Nemo..."think outside the Box" but just some knowledge for ya...

anyway DBE sucked major Donkey. Now that's a movie with point. What did piccalo want again?

Last edited:
Criss Angel is a *****ebag.

I didn't really read the rest, just because Dragonball was a movie I actually enjoyed, big whoop.

Whatev.

Finally got around to seeing it.

Ok, I'm not a fan of Dragon Ball at all and I don't know a lot about the show or the characters other than the way that they look. Well, I've seen maybe seven or eight episodes (like 10 years ago), so I'm only a little bit familiar with the unusual structure of the show and all..

I just came back and I'm pretty disappointed. Not to where I didn't expect to be disappointed, but in that I soo wanted to like this movie for what it was, but I couldn't.

Well, I'll just say this much: If you're a kid, I say, under 13 or so, you'll probably dig this movie for years to come. But, for an adult like myself, it was just plain bad. At times, Justin Chatwin is a really charismatic and funny actor, but at other times, he can't deliver an important line to save his life. I'd say that for pretty much all of the cast, but I'm thinking that's just due to an unexperienced director. The story is fine and I got on-board with that, but I just felt that along the way, the movie just couldn't find a way to tighten things into a good and entertaining movie for all audiences. The visual effects were about 10 years out of date (for the most part), the score was extremely generic, and pretty much every single joke fell flat (for me anyway).

I'm glad I didn't pay to see this because I'd probably feel pretty ripped off by it. That is, unless it was for my kids. So, if you're a kid, I'll give the movie a solid 6.5/10 as it does have a nice consistent pace, a few nice fight and action sequences, and has just enough heart to carry itself along. For general, I'd give it a 4/10. With an extra 10 minutes, $10 million dollars, and a better director, even without even changing the basic story, the movie could've been so much better and still maintain a PG-rating. They tried to do too little with too little and the film became an empty shell of what I felt it could've been. It's sad as they tried to set up a possible sequel, but by taking the low road in making this shotty film, that'll never happen. A movie like this might've blown the kid's minds in the early 90's, but you need more than this in these kinds of movies nowadays and I hope this will be a warning to future adaptations like these.

Bottom Line: 5.5/10 (Overall)

tsk tsk...What a shame. Not only did the actors put a lot of effort and time into getting into their characters and their roles, but even I actually started to care about these characters and I'd like them to make a sequel to wrap things up, but after the performance from this, it'll never get there unless... :(

REEE-BOOOOOT! :p

Last edited:
This is the worst film I have ever seen, it made Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat: Annihilation look like classics.

Absolute tosh and I can understand making changes to fit into a movie but this film just shat all over the cartoon. The acting was awful aswell, there wasnt a single good fight in the film and who thought it was a good idea to put stupid moments that you only see in animes in it. Just pure garbage.

This is the worst film I have ever seen, it made Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat: Annihilation look like classics.

Absolute tosh and I can understand making changes to fit into a movie but this film just shat all over the cartoon. The acting was awful aswell, there wasnt a single good fight in the film and who thought it was a good idea to put stupid moments that you only see in animes in it. Just pure garbage.

Well to me this movie wasn't worse than Mortal Kombat Annihilation.
In my opinion they both sucked on equal level.

I just saw it, expecting it to be utter garbage, it was bad but it wasnt nearly as bad as i thought it could have been. I want a sequel, witha good director. It was fun for me caus ei expected fail of epic proportions, like Spidey 3.

I expected it to be bad, got what I wanted.

It was hilarious.

I hope there's a sequel.

I got around to seeing this last nignt, yeah i said I would never see it but what can I say my curiosity got the better of me, and no I didnt pay to see it either, and THANK GOD!

wow this movie was worse than i ever thought it would be, for me the movie just kinda happened! No great fight scenes which is crazy considering this was supposed to be Dragonball! Some terrible lines, Chatwin sounded so corny at the end with lines such as " I am Goku, I am Ozaru" WTF. Yamcha was just a waste of space, can someone explain to me why movie yamcha doesnt fight???

I could go on all day about how much this movie sucked but I'd rather just forget it was ever made.

3/10

Ok,I have never been a Dragon Ball fan,but from what I saw at work it was pretty dire. Boring,overly serious and cheesie,and overly childish and stupid as well. This compared to MK:Annihiliation is much much worse even though that has it's problems it's not as bad as most people think IMO. Hell,I will even go far to stay that even The Spirit movie was way better than this movie. This movie should have never have been made to begin with,regardless of it's source materials,Peace out,Oh and R.I.P Dragonball Evolution forum,I'm sorry your movie flopped hardcore guys.

Last edited:
I thought The Spirit was better as well :(.

Hmmmm..I'd put them on the same level, despite me not liking to compare PG and R-rated films.

Off-topic, but wtf is with your avy, Lobo? What kind of admin has Juno for an avy? :mad: Esspecially with a bad-ass name like Lobo.

The movie being a couple of years old does not change the fact that it is a very good film.

Saw it last night. I'm a mild fan of the series - went in with an open mind.

It's awful. Pacing is all over the place, writing is horrid, acting is cringe-worthy. Every now and then Chatwin made me wonder what a good Dragonball movie would have looked like, but what I saw wasn't it.

Virtually a cinematic abortion on par with such "adaptations" as Catwoman, Super Mario Bros., Street Fighter, and Batman & Robin.

Please don't ever make a sequel. They've succeeded in completely raping the source material. No need to do so again and anger the die-hard fans. Again, that's not me (though I like the series), but I can certainly understand how true fans must feel (I'm getting memories of Batman & Robin)...

Let's not talk about not making a sequel, we should be asking "stop showing this to people" :hehe:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"