The Official Stupid Question Thread: Marvel Edition - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
She was in AvX Consequences and might pop up in the Cable X-Force book at some point I would think. Cable left her a message that he's fine and no need to worry because he's doing his thing.

She was in AvX Consequences and might pop up in the Cable X-Force book at some point I would think. Cable left her a message that he's fine and no need to worry because he's doing his thing.
I won't be surprised if she shows up on Uncanny Xmen

Hope was awesome in Cable's last book, back when he was raising her while time-hopping away from Bishop. Then they came back to the 21st century, Cable died, and she's been intolerable ever since.

Maybe Cable is the key. Maybe she only really works as his sidekick.

Doesn't matter.

She'll either get killed in the next big event, or end up the bad guy in some hot shot writers BIG event and be written completely out of the character that's already been established for her in order for said event to work.

I have a feeling writers just won't want to use her, and she'll fade into obscurity like Adam X or Lila Cheney.

Is it better than his Thor work at least?

I know I'm in the minority, but I really loved his Thor run. I have to admit, since I am more of a DC guy, that I haven't read much Thor stuff (only his and JMS stuff), but I really loved his Thor. I liked the SciFi influence a lot.

His Invincible Iron Man I also liked, up until he started that whole Stark resilient thing. It got boting pretty quick.

I'm surprised no one's paired Hope back up with Cable as part of his new X-Force team. Isn't that kind of the logical thing? For Hope to hang with her "dad" again now that he's no longer dead?

Someone did confirm that Hope will be showing up in Cable's new X-Force book. I don't know if she'll join the team or what, but they said she'll be a big part of the book.

In fairness, Cable was an awesome dad right up until he died a couple years ago. He's like the Bizarro-Cyclops in that regard.

Has Thor ever fought any Japanese gods or demons?

Amatsu-Mikaboshi, 'mirite? At least I think that was who it was

Is the Hawkeye series set before/during/after Marvel Now?

So for Multiple Man they said he wasn't a mutant back in the early issues of X-Factor investigations around issue 10 or so. Anything come from that or was it just ignored?

So for Multiple Man they said he wasn't a mutant back in the early issues of X-Factor investigations around issue 10 or so. Anything come from that or was it just ignored?
He is a mutant. They just added a new classification to his mutation by saying he was a killcrop, a mutant who's powers are manifested at birth, as opposed to adolescent which is traditionally when they activate

There've been plenty of those though, haven't there? Wasn't Beast's mutation always present? And a few others I can't think of.

Being a killcrop doesn't mean they're not mutants. Killcrops are just mutants whose mutations kicked in at birth. Presumably, all mutants started off that way before evolution moved it to adolescence. Any mutant who is already mutated at birth is just a genetic throwback of the mutant race. It's supposed to be a rarity among modern mutants, which is probably why Beast and Multiple Man are the only ones who spring to mind.

Being a killcrop doesn't mean they're not mutants. Killcrops are just mutants whose mutations kicked in at birth. Presumably, all mutants started off that way before evolution moved it to adolescence. Any mutant who is already mutated at birth is just a genetic throwback of the mutant race. It's supposed to be a rarity among modern mutants, which is probably why Beast and Multiple Man are the only ones who spring to mind.
Wouldn't Nightcrawler count since he was born blue?

That one's iffy. Nightcrawler was born blue with a tail, but he couldn't teleport until later. Hank and Jamie's complete mutations were in full swing right out of the womb.

After AvX, did all the mutants that lost powers in House of M get them back? Or are there just supposed to be more mutants born now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"