The Official Stupid Question Thread: Marvel Edition - Part 6

But for arguments sake, on paper they both fly, are stronger than normal, an shoot bright colors from their hands.

But for arguments sake, on paper they both fly, are stronger than normal, an shoot bright colors from their hands.

lol....it seems the sources of their powers are different but the effect comes out to still be the same

Spider-Man had an absurd number of titles in the 70s and 80s (OK, I think he still does, but I am less concerned about that).

Was there a significant difference between Amazing Spider-Man, Spectacular Spider-Man, Web of Spider-Man, etc. as far as stories go? Is it possible to go from Amazing Spider-Man to another title only when the story arcs intersect without significant confusion? Is it possible to read just one book or are all the titles so intersected that it's not practicable?

I was thinking of starting to read through the original Amazing Spider-Man issues, but I can't say I have any interest in starting Spectacular Spider-Man from the beginning (although I was thinking of starting in the 70s) and reading it off and on whenever there's a highly rated story or crossover event. Is this a bad idea?

It depends as far as I remember. They didn't do too much of the crossovers until the mid 80's I think but after that you were lucky to get two parts of a five part series in the same book. I remember some of the 90's books when I was reading Spider-Man and the end page of the first part would say 'To be continued in 8 different books, three annuals and a special one-shot.'

How old is Colossus/Piotr Rasputin at this point?

He's gotta be a little older than Peter Parker, a little younger than Nightcrawler, so I'd say early 30s.

He's gotta be a little older than Peter Parker, a little younger than Nightcrawler, so I'd say early 30s.

He should actually be younger than Peter Parker. He was 18 when he debuted, which made him younger than the orginal X-men (whom were about the same age as Peter, give or take a year). Piotr should be late 20s. He's a few years older than the original New Mutants

Yeah, maybe. With a guy his size, it's easy to forget he was the baby of the new team.

He's about five years older than Kitty Pryde. How old is she now?

Whats going on with Marvel Comics right now ?? I've been out of the loop for a while.. Last time I know Marvel rebooted everything to "MARVEL NOW"....

So I'm reading they are rebooting Marvel Universe again ???

Whats going on with Marvel Comics right now ?? I've been out of the loop for a while.. Last time I know Marvel rebooted everything to "MARVEL NOW"....

So I'm reading they are rebooting Marvel Universe again ???

the Marvel Universe was never rebooted. Marvel Now was a banner which symbolized a reshuffle in books and status quo. They are doing that again, but going deeper as they destroyed the current MU and are rebuilding it to incorporate elements from other alternate universes. It appears that "8 Months Later" will be the MU we've always known but with those new additions. Its not a reboot, the way DC does

the Marvel Universe was never rebooted. Marvel Now was a banner which symbolized a reshuffle in books and status quo. They are doing that again, but going deeper as they destroyed the current MU and are rebuilding it to incorporate elements from other alternate universes. It appears that "8 Months Later" will be the MU we've always known but with those new additions. Its not a reboot, the way DC does

Thanks for that reply....

So Marvel Now was not a reboot.... It was just a reshuffle ... And now this new #1 issues will be the current MU with Ultimate Universe all rolled into one ?

**** if I know. I'm waiting until it's over before I read any of it.

Thanks for that reply....

So Marvel Now was not a reboot.... It was just a reshuffle ... And now this new #1 issues will be the current MU with Ultimate Universe all rolled into one ?

we'll have to wait till Secret Wars is over but the announced titles look like a continuation of what is already going on. We still have Falcon as Captain America with Steve being old; Female Thor, Inhuman terrigan mist fallout, Spider-Woman's new look and status quo, dead Wolverine, teenage O5 X-men etc.....

^It feels like Secret War happened just to bring Miles and OML to the new 616 universe.

I have a question and honestly I'm not nearly as big into comics as you guys...BUT.....my question is instead of Marvel re-inventing existing characters to keep them fresh (female Thor, old Captain America, Colored Spider-Man, Gwen Spider-Woman) , why doesn't Marvel just come up with new super hero with new origins instead of tarnishing classic characters incase they dont work well with its audience ?

They do that too. See the new Ms. Marvel series.

I wouldnt say that. She was created on the back of the original Ms. Marvel's legacy. Its not like she's a new character completely unrelated to her (like Ms. Marvel II aka Sharon Ventura)

As for the original question, Marvel creates new characters all the time so I dont get what the point of that question was. Most new characters arent taking up the mantles of old ones

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"