• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Official Year Zero Thread

I don't go into the rap thread saying it all sucks. :huh:

*I like Eminem and Tupac, among others.

Wasn't talking to you specifically Lucas! :cmad:

This thread looked like it would have gone on nicely w/o interference from any immature rap fans. That's good. Return the favor sometime :o

I've just started to get into them. I love them. :up:

So is "Terrible Lie" a live-only track, or is it on a CD?

Kinda interesting song. Calling out God on his empty promises.

What else is on the dvd apart from the live show?

first of all, Mr Reznor came back gracefully from what could be described as a "minor" NIN album in a grand fashion.

my girlfriend bought it for me last tuesday while we were in San Antonio (we'd gone to see Muse... they rocked our socks) and didn't have a chance to listen to it until the next friday and woah.... I was blown away

if anyone gets a chance, start following the storyline, it's really awesome, if Trent can actually get the film project he's had in mind to work, it would just kick so much more ass if Chuck Palaniuk (sp) wrote the screenplay, I've read they're good friends and have wanted to work together for a while

just, simply amazing

Have you seen the Beside you in time DVD? Terrible Lie live kicks so much ass.
they use that one to open their shows every so often, on the "All That Could Have Been" DVD that's the opener

and if there's one song which rocks like a mother****er live is "March Of The Pigs"

they use that one to open their shows every so often, on the "All That Could Have Been" DVD that's the opener

and if there's one song which rocks like a mother****er live is "March Of The Pigs"

There's a mosh pit I would not want to be a part of.

Most NIN albums, I have to give a good 4 listens to fully grasp. With Year Zero, all I had to do was hit play and enjoy.

Too bad it only sold like 187,000 copies, I think that the promotion, though interesting, didn't reach the mainstream crowd. Then again Avril was all over the TV, magazines, etc, but also only got like 70,000 more than the guy with the intelligent ARG promotion. Personally, I see word of the mouth spreading and Year Zero selling more overtime, because yknow you're good when NPR decides to cover an industrial album.

Most NIN albums, I have to give a good 4 listens to fully grasp. With Year Zero, all I had to do was hit play and enjoy.

Too bad it only sold like 187,000 copies, I think that the promotion, though interesting, didn't reach the mainstream crowd. Then again Avril was all over the TV, magazines, etc, but also only got like 70,000 more than the guy with the intelligent ARG promotion. Personally, I see word of the mouth spreading and Year Zero selling more overtime, because yknow you're good when NPR decides to cover an industrial album.
I didn't know that...listening to it now

Year Zero is decent, it doesn't hold a candle to older stuff

Survivalism is the only thing on it that really does it for me

I think its ok but I'm hoping that pt 2 will be better :) I really like In This Twilight . I think The great Destroyer could be on a Transformers episode :D

there is no part 2...there's going to be a movie based on the concept, but I've heard nothing about a part 2 at all, and I check the Year Zero wiki over at NINWiki every day for new developments...whoever started this rumor, I'm calling bulls**t.

And the great destroyer is from the perspective of a sniper who blew up wrigley field and shot like, 12 people, nothing that cool ever happens in gay ass transformers.

More multi tracks have been posted on the year zero site... oh yes! :D

there is no part 2...there's going to be a movie based on the concept, but I've heard nothing about a part 2 at all, and I check the Year Zero wiki over at NINWiki every day for new developments...whoever started this rumor, I'm calling bulls**t.

And the great destroyer is from the perspective of a sniper who blew up wrigley field and shot like, 12 people, nothing that cool ever happens in gay ass transformers.

Trent himself said he wants a Year Zero 2. It will be his last album for his record company then his contract is up. Knowing Trent, I think its the end of NIN after that, then he'll moonlight as a composer/remixer. Even Zero-Sum isn't finished all the way, you can feel it build up to something harder and the album is over.

I really doubt Trent is gonna end NIN...he'll probably just only release stuff through Nothing instead of his current label, but he'll probably do more stuff for film and such, and with Year Zero the movie on the way, it would seem he's going for the whole movies thing now too...so I think it'll just probably be about 5-7 years in between NIN releases...so you know, it'll be like nothing happend at all pretty much :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"