The ONLY Steelers thread

They didn't look bad. It was just the way they turned the ball over to the Bengals. Ben threw two INT's in the end zone, that one at the beginning of the game was the killer because if it were a TD the game would have been at a completely different pace.

And that dropped punt really killed them, basically. And, of course, that INT in the end zone right at the close of the game. If it were a TD the Steelers could have possibly tied it up and sent it into OT.

Honestly, Bengals played hard in the key moments and got a little lucky. Steelers shouldn't feel too bad about it because if the Defense keeps playing like it did they have NOTHING to worry about. They need to get the ball to Ward and Miller A LOT MORE! :wow:

Yeah, I was pissed with Ricardo Colclough and Veron Haynes goofs and Big Bens 3 intertceptions were unacceptable. The defense was really on target. Now if Troy Polamalu can get healed the defense will be 100%. The offense is the big thing to work on right now.

They've got the bye week to regroup themselves and come out swinging against San Diego.

Remember last year when they played San Diego was when they hit Ben on his knees and he was out for a while.

I'm just afraid that accident, and surgery rattled Ben to much which is why he was in the pocket and not really scrambling the way he used to.

I'm sure he is still tender from having the appendectomy. Considering most people take a month to heal from it and he was back on the field in 15 days.

Kable24 said:
Remember last year when they played San Diego was when they hit Ben on his knees and he was out for a while.

Well, thanks to what happened to Carson Palmer there isn't anymore of that. Well, they could still do it but it's a penalty now.

Tommy Maddox reviltalized your team, Steelers. If it weren't for that one fool hitting the Titans kicker late, then you probably would have beat the Raiders and then went to the Super Bowl and beaten the hell out of Tampa AGAIN.

As a Giants & Devils fan who has seen his team miss the playoffs after winning championships, the Steelers have a tough schedule.

The Chargers look like a juggernaut early & they will probably use the Steelers as a statement game.

1-3 will be a tough hole to climb out of.

I don't see the Steelers going all the way this year, but I would like a nice Playoff run at least.

Roethlisberger has 0 TDs and 5 INTs. His QB rating is 34.3 this season.
That's lower than Aaron Brooks. :csad:
I was a Steelers fan in elementary school because Kordell Stewart was awesome in Madden and for whatever reason I still like them.
Except for when they play the Dolphins. :cmad: :csad:

I think they should have let Charlie Batch play the 2nd weekend and let Roethlisberger rest some more and get him ready for the Bungles.

man i remember this thread when i created it.

i still remember the Jets shoulda won that game, but lost because of doug brien and herman edwards

that era is so over and im so glad

I think the Offense needs the most work right now. The line wasn't giving Big Ben enough time to find his receivers and when he was rushed he would throw interceptions. They also need to get Parker to run to the outside and not try to run up the middle so much. He's got speed it's time to use that speed. The defense was looking good until the second half. They had to be tired out there because the Chargers had the ball a lot. On the plus side, I think Najai Davenport will be a decent running back and a great replacement for Duce Staley. The Steelers season is now basically over. The only way they can get a playoff shot now is if they win every game and the Ratbirds and Bungles lose the rest.

Kable24 said:
I think the Offense needs the most work right now. The line wasn't giving Big Ben enough time to find his receivers and when he was rushed he would throw interceptions. They also need to get Parker to run to the outside and not try to run up the middle so much. He's got speed it's time to use that speed. The defense was looking good until the second half. They had to be tired out there because the Chargers had the ball a lot. On the plus side, I think Najai Davenport will be a decent running back and a great replacement for Duce Staley. The Steelers season is now basically over. The only way they can get a playoff shot now is if they win every game and the Ratbirds and Bungles lose the rest.

Well the ravens did their part last night.

Offense I agree Parker cant make the middle w/o a hole being opened for him. They should keep him off to the side for short passes and runs. Hopefully Davenport will be the guy who can make the hole and get 3-5 each time like the Bus used to. Staley is just injured to often to be affective.

Ben's moving but I think they rushed him coming back. Plus I think he's scared of a big hit from the Rush. Batch should have played Jacksonville, and if they put him in now they might ruin Ben. Unfortunately he looks more like a 1st year QB now than he ever has.

Defense just needs more stamina, and a few interceptions

lame thread.
by the way the colts are way better than the steelers

Keep it up Ben - you won't make the playoffs if you keep playing like the dog crap I see in my neighbor's yard on a daily basis..........the Colts are overrated and will take a dump in the playoffs again, don't worry.

Man, talk about ending the season early, huh? :csad:

Well if the Steelers win every single game from here on out they have a decent shot at the playoffs.

lame thread.

:whatever:

The Colts have barely beaten sub par teams. And, obviously, they weren't better last year or they would have been in the Superbowl, and the XL Champs, but they didn't...and aren't. Awww, poor baby. :woot:

Now that is how the Steelers need to be playing!!!

They only only one game out in the division with the Ratbirds and Bungles losing today.

Kordell Stewart ftw. :up:
mdf103161.jpg

batman7289 said:
lame thread.

Who are the reigning NFL champions? Hardly "lame" to talk about a team trying to defend it's title.

45-7 over KC. What a game. . . . .

Lets hope they plan on showing up like this for the rest of the season.

BTW thanks to the Ravens and Bengals for losing this week and helping keep us alive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"