The ONLY Steelers thread

Definitely a fantastic victory for the Steelers. Big Ben needed that to take his confidence out of the gutter. Man, that was great seeing him connect with a wide open Heinz Ward for the TD! :wow:

Michael Vick and the Falcons are going to be just another victim. Nobody runs on the Steelers...NO ONE! :cmad:

SpideyInATree said:
Definitely a fantastic victory for the Steelers. Big Ben needed that to take his confidence out of the gutter. Man, that was great seeing him connect with a wide open Heinz Ward for the TD! :wow:

Michael Vick and the Falcons are going to be just another victim. Nobody runs on the Steelers...NO ONE! :cmad:

Tough luck there buddy.

I guess when the Falcoms were given 3 touchdowns by the Steelers they deserve to win.

Well, looks like they aren't going to the Super Bowl this year. Amazing how much losing Bettis and Randle-El effected them.

I still can't believe something like a coin-toss can basically dictate overtime. As dumb as the XFL was, I liked their overtime better.

Calvin said:
I still can't believe something like a coin-toss can basically dictate overtime. As dumb as the XFL was, I liked their overtime better.

Thats why I hate professional OT. I'd prefer a whole quarter rather than first to score.

Steelers need some help this season though.

Pksoze said:
Tough luck there buddy.

I guess so. Steelers didn't get the victory but the Falcons didn't have a good rushing game like they are used to having. They basically won because the Steelers made big mistakes like they've been doing all season long. If it wasn't for their mistakes the Falcons wouldn't have won that game.

Well, looks like they aren't going to the Super Bowl this year. Amazing how much losing Bettis and Randle-El effected them.

Losing Bettis nor Randle-El has effected them. It's been the turnovers and giving your opponent the game on a silver platter that have hurt them terribly this year.

steelers suck this year

They don't suck. They are a great team but they have to hold onto the damn football and not just hand it to the opposing team.

If they lose against the Raiders it's pretty much over and done with. If the Ravens lose to the Saints and the Bungles lose to the Falcons it could be another great assist. But the Steelers are basically going to have to go undefeated for the rest of the season to get to the playoffs. And that means defeating the Ravens twice, the Browns twice, and the Bungles on their own turf. Easier said than done.

well at least you guys get joey porter back this weekend lol

I wish they would use Charlie Batch today and rest Ben. They are going to kill Big Ben before the end of the season.

That's exactly what Alby Oxenreiter said on The X on Friday afternoon. Given that the Raiders are the worst team in the NFL it would be a good game to rest Ben for the next week when things start to get a little more crazy for the team. It's not like Batch is a crappy quarterback.

Batch can definitely hold his own and a great replacement for Tommy Maddox. I think they rush Ben to much with recovery.

Although,I'm a huge Pens fan,I love the Steelers too. So far,against Oakland,they are not looking good.:csad:

How in the name of all that is right in the world, do you lose to the worse team in the NFL?!?!?!?!?!
Once again Big Ben handed the game to the opposition. Will somebody bench this kid and let Batch take charge for a few weeks. You officially have nothing to lose now that the Steelers season is done!!

I got the newest issue of Mens Health and really got a kick out of the cover which says "Be unstoppable like Ben Roethlisberger" ... yes, unstoppable indeed...

ben roth is gonna be known as a one year wonder

he looks like trash now

Dear Steelers,

Why are you trying to end Roethlisberger's career/life? I don't get it :huh:

'fire

Poeman said:
ben roth is gonna be known as a one year wonder

he looks like trash now

Really? Because he has had 2 great years as Steelers QB. So that blows your theory out.

You're already giving up on them, Kable... :huh:

How can a team go from looking so great last year,to this? Jeez.:cmad::huh::csad:

Ben has to stay in for the season or they'll ruin him completely. . . .

Let him stay in and take the hits so he can get back where he was before. The alternative is pulling him and shattering his confidence which will definetly make his a one year wonder.

Also, remeber what happened prior to season start. The accident and rumors Cowher is going to leave. That's got to mess with the team, and as far as Ben goes he was KO'd last week.

I say shoot for a wild card at this point and see what happens.

farmerfran said:
You're already giving up on them, Kable... :huh:

I believe for them to make the playoffs this year will take a miracle in them winning every game and the Ravens and Bengals losing every game. It can happen, but I'm not holding my breath. I'll still be watching every game and cheering them on. I love the Steelers, but I know when the season is done for them.

My honest opinion is to still shoot for the wild card, but let Ben hit the bench and really recupe the rest of the season. There is an actual life after football and he should look at other athletes as a reason to take a step back.

Well, there is still a chance. All the Steelers have to do now is go 9-0 the rest of the season. Against the Broncos, Saints, Ravens...twice, Browns...twice, Bungles at their house, and the Bucs.

It's possible. But if they keep playing like they have the past 7 games there is no chance in hell. Without the turnovers this team is 5-2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"