Falcon and Winter Soldier The Power Broker is...?

Deck Rickard

Lord of Frenzied Flame
Reaction score
Surprised there isn’t a thread for this yet. Place your bets! Who do ya’ll think is the big bad?

They're obviously (IMO) hinting about it being Sharon, though I wonder if that's misdirection.

They're obviously (IMO) hinting about it being Sharon, though I wonder if that's misdirection.

Yeah I think it’s misdirection. I do think she was the one that
killed the PB’s asset; her sudden appearance was just a little too suspicious there and she snuck out of the bar when Falcon, Bucky and Zemo arrived. So I think she’s working for the PB. But I don’t think it’s her.

Either Thunderbolt Ross or The Mandarin. The way he seems to operate feels more like the Mandarin, but what I see as his goals are very much in the direction of Ross, so I'm about 60/40 in favor of the latter.

I don’t know; I don’t think Ross has even been mentioned yet in this series so I don’t think it will lead back to him. That doesn’t necessarily mean that the Power Broker is someone we’ve seen in the show already but I don’t even believe Ross has been hinted at in any way other than mentioning some of events he was part of in Civil War.

I still have some suspicions about Bucky’s psychologist. They made a point of bringing up her military history several times as if it had some particular significance and she already has ties to Walker. And her interest in Bucky might also be a clue. LOL I’m probably totally off base with this one but it’s a theory.

I know it's a total shot in the dark and completely implausible, but I'd love for the PB to be Mystique. She lived in Madripoor in the comics and I believe she tried to turn it into a mutant utopia. Maybe the serum is her way of "creating" mutants.

Doesn't Power Broker run Madripoor? I can't see it being Thunderbolt Ross. I am leaning more towards actual Mandarin.

now that its revealed zemo is rich, it could be him.

What if it was the Red Skull?

All the way from Vormir? That's a heck of a long distance operation he's got going on.

Maybe it will be someone as unremarkable as the astrophysicist.

i think smart money is on zemo or sharon. the episode was called "power broker" and they were both heavily featured.

I hope they haven't turned Sharon into a villain. It's like sending the message that certain fans never liked her (because she was an apparent threat to Peggy and Steve) so now they've turned her officially bad so you can hate her more. It seems like something the CW would do in response to Tumblr fans.

Next we'll find out she was Hydra all along.

I think it has to be an American official but I think Sharon is under whoever the thumb of that person. That’s why she’s in Madipoor as the broker’s eyes.

Falcon gets her a pardon and she’s free of him/her.

This series might be the introduction of the character going forward. WandaVision feeds into Strange. I’m assuming this power broker will be the Young Avengers reason for forming.

I hope they haven't turned Sharon into a villain. It's like sending the message that certain fans never liked her (because she was an apparent threat to Bucky and Steve) so now they've turned her officially bad so you can hate her more. It seems like something the CW would do in response to Tumblr fans.

Next we'll find out she was Hydra all along.

Edited for accuracy. :cwink:

I think it has to be an American official but I think Sharon is under whoever the thumb of that person. That’s why she’s in Madipoor as the broker’s eyes.

Falcon gets her a pardon and she’s free of him/her.

This series might be the introduction of the character going forward. WandaVision feeds into Strange. I’m assuming this power broker will be the Young Avengers reason for forming.

Yeah this all makes sense and that’s what I’m thinking too. I think Sharon is (unwillingly) working for him to pay off a debt or keep someone safe or something. I don’t think they would make Sharon a villain. Unless of course, the PB isn’t actually a villain and we’re just being led to believe that he/she is. I know the PB’s goons killed one of the Smashers but well... as we just saw in the last episode, they’re not above killing people (or at least Karli isn’t).

Yeah this all makes sense and that’s what I’m thinking too. I think Sharon is (unwillingly) working for him to pay off a debt or keep someone safe or something. I don’t think they would make Sharon a villain. Unless of course, the PB isn’t actually a villain and we’re just being led to believe that he/she is. I know the PB’s goons killed one of the Smashers but well... as we just saw in the last episode, they’re not above killing people (or at least Karli isn’t).

I kinda like this series is playing with gray area about who the "villains" are. Like, The Flagsmashers have idealistic intentions, and even Zemo has a valid point about some things. It's not just black-and-white "bad guys".

I kinda like this series is playing with gray area about who the "villains" are. Like, The Flagsmashers have idealistic intentions, and even Zemo has a valid point about some things. It's not just black-and-white "bad guys".

Yeah I like that too. I enjoy “pure evil” villains because they’re fun but it’s much more interesting when you can kinda see their point of view. I think Marvel learned a lot from the positive response that Killmonger got. Although I was never rooting for Killmonger (dude straight up killed his girlfriend without a second thought), his motivations were understandable both because of the real life experiences that Black people face and his own personal vendetta.

Thanos as well; although he’s a cosmic villain and his motivations in the comics are kinda silly (still awesome though) I like that they made him somewhat relatable. It’s good to see Marvel continuing to establish antagonists who aren’t just straight-up diabolical all the time.

Yeah I like that too. I enjoy “pure evil” villains because they’re fun but it’s much more interesting when you can kinda see their point of view. I think Marvel learned a lot from the positive response that Killmonger got. Although I was never rooting for Killmonger (dude straight up killed his girlfriend without a second thought), his motivations were understandable both because of the real life experiences that Black people face and his own personal vendetta.

Thanos as well; although he’s a cosmic villain and his motivations in the comics are kinda silly (still awesome though) I like that they made him somewhat relatable. It’s good to see Marvel continuing to establish antagonists who aren’t just straight-up diabolical all the time.

Yea, I think Killmonger, Loki (especially in the first Thor), Thanos, Zemo are villains whose motivations you can sort of understand.

The reason I pick Mandarin as the Power Broker is because of the geography and also I want Shang Chi to somehow connect to the greater MCU, because right now I cannot find any connections between Shang Chi and the greater MCU.

Yea, I think Killmonger, Loki (especially in the first Thor), Thanos, Zemo are villains whose motivations you can sort of understand.

Totally. And it’s easy to see why those guys seem to be the favorites among Marvel villains.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"