Falcon and Winter Soldier The Power Broker is...?

I'm thinking that SPOILER isn't the Power Broker. Metaphysician probably has it right about her.

Powerbroker could be a lead to Shang Chi.

I'm thinking that SPOILER isn't the Power Broker. Metaphysician probably has it right about her.

Powerbroker could be a lead to Shang Chi.

What if The Power Broker is The Mandarin?

I continue to boggle at people thinking the Mandarin is the Power Broker. There is zero evidence for it aside from "Madripoor is in Asia, and the Mandarin is Asian", which is both *not* evidence and also kind of racist.

Trailer dropped for Shang-Chi and there's a city that could be Madripoor (purples and pinks). We all know they like to connect things in the MCU. Clearly big portions are California. Seems like Shang's dad head's a criminal organization. . . .

Last edited:
Well if it is the Mandarin, then that would be how they would connect Shang-Chi to the greater MCU.

I continue to boggle at people thinking the Mandarin is the Power Broker. There is zero evidence for it aside from "Madripoor is in Asia, and the Mandarin is Asian", which is both *not* evidence and also kind of racist.
really?

This is Wandavision all over again. People making wild speculation for cameos that won’t happen. The most obvious answer is Sharon as the power broker

Sharon Bohner confirmed!

I do think though that this show may have made a similar mistake to WV in leaving too much stuff to resolve for the last episode, which is why the finale of WV felt so rushed IMO.

Hopefully that's not the case here, but I fear it might well be...

Sharon Bohner confirmed!

I do think though that this show may have made a similar mistake to WV in leaving too much stuff to resolve for the last episode, which is why the finale of WV felt so rushed IMO.

Hopefully that's not the case here, but I fear it might well be...

There's going to be a different Bohner at the end of every Disney+ series popping up randomly from now on.

I just need them to reveal the Power Broker in the next episode. Even if that reveal is a disappointment, it will be much more infuriating if they just leave that for another season or a movie or something else. I know Marvel is one big, continuous story where they don’t wrap up everything neatly at the end of each show or movie. But you don’t make the identity of your big bad the central mystery in a series and then just leave that for season 2 or something else.

Okay, maybe that's going a bit far. But seriously, the only evidence for "Power Broker is Mandarin!" is "Madripoor is in Asia". There isn't a wiff of proof or even thematic ties. It pretty much is "This crime lord is in Asia, so a dude who we have no reason to believe is active any closer than 'somewhere on the same continent sort of' is the same guy!" What's more, even just from the premise sheet for the Shang-Chi movie we knew was coming, one could very reasonably go "So why would this dude care about the SSS? He's already got access to superhuman kung fu training for himself and others."

I don't think the Power Broker is anyone major that will appear in movies.This show already has so much going on with villains now. Power Broker may not even be revealed until the next season.

Okay, maybe that's going a bit far. But seriously, the only evidence for "Power Broker is Mandarin!" is "Madripoor is in Asia". There isn't a wiff of proof or even thematic ties. It pretty much is "This crime lord is in Asia, so a dude who we have no reason to believe is active any closer than 'somewhere on the same continent sort of' is the same guy!" What's more, even just from the premise sheet for the Shang-Chi movie we knew was coming, one could very reasonably go "So why would this dude care about the SSS? He's already got access to superhuman kung fu training for himself and others."
I think people were speculating only because we know Shang-Chi is coming, the trailer has conveniently dropped just before Ep6 of FAWS showing Mandarin and we know Marvel love tying their projects together. I myself can see how people got there (even if I myself don't think he is Power Broker) and I don't think it was due to any sort of racist stereotyping.

This is Wandavision all over again. People making wild speculation for cameos that won’t happen. The most obvious answer is Sharon as the power broker

possibly but the actions are muddled. powerbroker wants karli dead all series but then sharon helps her w/ batroc.

If the Power Broker was the Mandarin, and the Power Broker wants Karli dead...then she would already be dead lol

possibly but the actions are muddled. powerbroker wants karli dead all series but then sharon helps her w/ batroc.

Yeah, I had the same questions. But as others have said, Batroc may actually be sabotaging the Flag-Smashers. Or perhaps Sharon isn’t actually working for the PB.

so in a few hours might know:
my guess: Thunderbolt Ross
new guess: the Mandarin

hope not: Sharon Carter

I remember in the Madripoor episode, there was some graffiti on a wall that said “The Power Broker is watching” or something to that effect and had two sets of eyes with it. I haven’t looked for it but I’m sure someone online has done some analysis of both sets of eyes and compared them to every actor in the MCU. It would be pretty slick of Marvel actually did use the real PB actor’s eyes as the model for that image.

But I also wonder if the clue there is that it’s two sets of eyes and not one. Maybe the PB is two people? Val and Thunderbolt? Sharon and GRC guy? That guy Sam rescued in episode one (who was he again?) and Lamar (hey, he could still be alive)?

WOAHHHHH.

822.jpg

Her being Power Broker feels way out of character for Sharon even with the darker turn they took with her in this series. She's still working with/for somebody so either she's still undercover or potentially a Skrull.

She’s not a good enough actress for this type of role. She always has this breath-y delivery of her lines that makes it hard for me to take her seriously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• C. Lee
    Superherohype Administrator

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"