Falcon and Winter Soldier The Power Broker is...?

I mean, speculation about Skrulls is fine if its to explain a character doing something bizarrely and extremely out of character. . . but bluntly? We haven't seen anywhere *near* enough of Sharon to actually *say* that. She's had a grand total of two fairly small appearances, both many years before the present, and the sum total result of those in terms of character is "Will stand up against a world conquest effort by black hat villains" and "Will do favors for her friends". That is not exactly the foundation for a declaration of sainthood, the same could probably be said about *Zemo*.

LOL, she’s not a Skrull. People need to stop making that speculation every time a character does something they don’t like.

She was counted among those who disappeared in End Game. That means in less than a year she comes back from nothing, and establishes herself as the Evil Queen of Madripoor, the Power Broker, and Zemo who's been in prison since the end of Civil War knows about. That leaves us with 4 possibilities for her:

1) She's part of the Power Broker Organization. Which is who she was on the phone with at the end of the show.
2) She's been bad far longer than anyone knew. Could be she was the Power Broker and helping Zemo way back in Civil War which is how he knew of her.
3) She's a Skrull who adopted the Sharon Carter identity at some point
4) She blipped back after End Game and with no resources in less than a year became the Power Broker.

4 seems unlikely.

She was counted among those who disappeared in End Game. That means in less than a year she comes back from nothing, and establishes herself as the Evil Queen of Madripoor, the Power Broker, and Zemo who's been in prison since the end of Civil War knows about. That leaves us with 4 possibilities for her:

1) She's part of the Power Broker Organization. Which is who she was on the phone with at the end of the show.
2) She's been bad far longer than anyone knew. Could be she was the Power Broker and helping Zemo way back in Civil War which is how he knew of her.
3) She's a Skrull who adopted the Sharon Carter identity at some point
4) She blipped back after End Game and with no resources in less than a year became the Power Broker.

4 seems unlikely.

Scott Lang was also part of those that were snapped. I think the most likely explanation is that she used the snap to fake her death and go underground in Madripoor.

I mean, speculation about Skrulls is fine if its to explain a character doing something bizarrely and extremely out of character. . . but bluntly? We haven't seen anywhere *near* enough of Sharon to actually *say* that. She's had a grand total of two fairly small appearances, both many years before the present, and the sum total result of those in terms of character is "Will stand up against a world conquest effort by black hat villains" and "Will do favors for her friends". That is not exactly the foundation for a declaration of sainthood, the same could probably be said about *Zemo*.

Yeah. And honestly, I wish that Marvel hadn’t done the Skrull thing at the end of Far From Home because not only does it now lead to fan speculation whenever a character does something unpopular, it also gives Marvel a Get Out of Jail Free Card when they realize they screwed up on a character (the same can be said with this multiverse stuff they’re doing). So yeah; if this Sharon/Power Broker thing proves unpopular, Marvel could turn around in a couple years and be like, “Surprise! She was a Skrull all along! The REAL Sharon would never do that.” And we know they’re not above pulling those kinds of shenanigans; they already did it with The Mandarin after they ****ed up that character in Iron Man 3.

I recently came to the realization that Idc how far the MCU strays from the comics anymore. I've grown to love the MCU versions of characters sometimes more than the source and that along with all the alt universe and multiverse in the comics makes me accept any twists and turns a lot easier. So whatever the story is for Sharon I'll gladly take it and base it on it's own merits

Yeah. And honestly, I wish that Marvel hadn’t done the Skrull thing at the end of Far From Home because not only does it now lead to fan speculation whenever a character does something unpopular, it also gives Marvel a Get Out of Jail Free Card when they realize they screwed up on a character (the same can be said with this multiverse stuff they’re doing). So yeah; if this Sharon/Power Broker thing proves unpopular, Marvel could turn around in a couple years and be like, “Surprise! She was a Skrull all along! The REAL Sharon would never do that.” And we know they’re not above pulling those kinds of shenanigans; they already did it with The Mandarin after they ****ed up that character in Iron Man 3.
I actually like it for exactly that reason. It’s not all over if they do something really dumb. They can Skrull-fix it so we aren’t stuck with something horrendous for all eternity. I don’t think any filmmakers are going to go easy and put out rubbish just because of a theoretical get out of jail fee card, but it’s still an asset for Feige to have one.

The fact that Sharon is EVIL now or a Skrull or something is great for Ms. VanCamp's job security. If she was who she actually said she was - a woman who became a dealer of stolen art out of desperation, and who wanted nothing more than to be forgiven by the government she once served - then there would be no reason for us to see her ever again. She broke (kinda) bad, now she's back, bye bye Sharon. At least now there is the potential for her to be interesting.

I actually like it for exactly that reason. It’s not all over if they do something really dumb. They can Skrull-fix it so we aren’t stuck with something horrendous for all eternity. I don’t think any filmmakers are going to go easy and put out rubbish just because of a theoretical get out of jail fee card, but it’s still an asset for Feige to have one.

That’s a good point. The awful Mandarin thing I referenced is a good example of course correction; they realized they screwed it up in IM3 (side note, that’s my least favorite Marvel movie just because it feels so stale to me) and now they’re trying to redeem themselves with it. I guess I just worry the Skrulls gives them a little too much of an easy out when they mess up so I just hope they use it sparingly. Same with the Multiverse.

The fact that Sharon is EVIL now or a Skrull or something is great for Ms. VanCamp's job security. If she was who she actually said she was - a woman who became a dealer of stolen art out of desperation, and who wanted nothing more than to be forgiven by the government she once served - then there would be no reason for us to see her ever again. She broke (kinda) bad, now she's back, bye bye Sharon. At least now there is the potential for her to be interesting.

I’m kinda looking at Sharon’s turn to the dark side as Emily Van Camp taking revenge (no pun intended) on Marvel for doing her dirty in the Captain America franchise. :hehe:

I'm good with Sharon being the Power Broker. She has an interesting backstory and her reasons for being a villain, I think, are completely justified. I want more female villains with just as complex of histories as the men.

So go forward, Sharon, raise some hell.

I wonder what they have in store for her. Do they plan to showcase her in other MCU series or have her feature in Cap 4?

Yes, this. When used cautiously, "they were a Skrull" is a useful tool. Not everything works, no one can be perfect all the time. Being able to patch things later is a virtue, as long as people don't use it as a cheap excuse for lazy writing. Which, honestly, if the writers are inclined to fall into that trap, they'd almost certainly do lazy writing anyway for other reasons or none at all.

I'm good with Sharon being the Power Broker. She has an interesting backstory and her reasons for being a villain, I think, are completely justified. I want more female villains with just as complex of histories as the men.

So go forward, Sharon, raise some hell.
I also want many more female villains and yes, give them everything they need to succeed. Hela was amazing. With Sharon I had really liked her teaming up with Sam and Bucky and wanted to see more of that. Also with her links to Steve and her mum both being very good people I didn't really want her to turn. I really liked Val and would have liked her to be the power broker but even if not I think she will be a good character to see going forward working with US Agent and others.

I wish we had a proper Madame Masque in the MCU instead of that dark matter manipulating Whitney Frost that we got in Agent Carter who was nothing like the comic version. She would've been a good female villain to have.

Also we could eventually get Viper in the MCU.

my guess is that we will def have sharon flashbacks from civil war to power broker in some upcoming series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"