• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

The Sexy Stormwatch Thread

You should be reading for Apollo and Midnighter.
I honestly don't know either of those characters beyond them being gay. And I didn't think much of either character particularly in this issue.

It's just the writing was your typical Cornell success, but I didn't particularly walk away going ''Oh! I really like this character! I want to read more about them!"

Really? I hate the new Mids and Apollo costumes. Honestly, I disliked the art in general. The entire cast looks weird. Bad weird. Like a middle school artist did the pencils. I will definitely continue to support the book despite the bad art, but I would love to see someone else on it. If I had my way it would be Hitch. Guy draws the definitive Apollo, Midnighter, and Engineer.

I was okay with the art. Its definitely not the best art I've ever seen but it wasn't so horrible for me that it started to ruin my enjoyment of the issue

CConn said:
You should be reading for Apollo and Midnighter.

Those two are the reason I'm buying this series. I loved those characters in the Wildstorm universe and I just cannot wait to see how Cornell develops their characters here and how they become a couple :up:

I'm a lot more interested in finding out what's going on with the Wildcats characters. The ones who aren't Grifter or Voodoo. Like Majestic. That dude was f***ing awesome, as were his comics. I hope he still exists.

It would be neat if he shows up at some point

Are you going to be checking out Grifter or Voodoo Corp

Grifter. Never really cared for Voodoo much, even on the Wildcats.

I'm a lot more interested in finding out what's going on with the Wildcats characters. The ones who aren't Grifter or Voodoo. Like Majestic. That dude was f***ing awesome, as were his comics. I hope he still exists.

I honestly don't think he can work in this universe.....also, the Kherians at all. That's three f**king races of super strong, durable dudes that can shoot lasers out of their eyes counting the Daximites.

Hope they don't do something stupid like just make him Kryptonian or something.

Grifter. Never really cared for Voodoo much, even on the Wildcats.

I'll probably be checking out both

Grifter sounds prettt interesting. And the character is one that I've liked in some of his past appearances

And Voodoo is a bisexual exotic dancer fighting aliens. I don't see how its possible for me to not enjoy that :up:

I honestly don't think he can work in this universe.....also, the Kherians at all. That's three f**king races of super strong, durable dudes that can shoot lasers out of their eyes counting the Daximites.

Hope they don't do something stupid like just make him Kryptonian or something.

The only problem with there being 3 races so similar is that they look so much alike. As in both look like regular black haired males. It might be good for them to make the Daxamites at least have some very small but very distinguished look on their bodies and/or face to help with this. Then something for the race that Majestic is. Something simple like no pupils or some ****. So the question then would be can fans accept their charactes looking slightly different outside of the costumes?

Well, I think Daximites are orange. Or was that just that *****e with the Lanterns?

Well other things like maybe 4 fingers or something. Something subtle but different enough to where you can take a look and it's like "Oh, that is a Daxamite after all" or the race that Majestic is and still also is like "Oh, that is Majestic at the same time still". The orange skin if that is the case I guess helps but I thought that plenty of times Sodam Yat looked regular "white person" skinned.

I don't know.

They should do something. Also to be fair, the Kherbanites genetically built their people and sent them down certain evolutionary chains. Like the big dudes where the Warlords like Majestros. Then you had those Blade dudes and the chicks like Zealot. So they aren't an entire race of Superman. Just an entire race of parasitic, world conquering *****e bags.

I think Daxamaite's are supposed to be orange-ish

I don't know.

They should do something. Also to be fair, the Kherbanites genetically built their people and sent them down certain evolutionary chains. Like the big dudes where the Warlords like Majestros. Then you had those Blade dudes and the chicks like Zealot. So they aren't an entire race of Superman. Just an entire race of parasitic, world conquering *****e bags.
The Kherubim are one of my favorite alien races thanks primarily to Alan Moore and DnA and some others. It's a shame they probably don't exist anymore. :o

You never know Corp they might show up at some point in one of the new series :up:

I honestly don't know either of those characters beyond them being gay. And I didn't think much of either character particularly in this issue.

It's just the writing was your typical Cornell success, but I didn't particularly walk away going ''Oh! I really like this character! I want to read more about them!"
Believe me, you should read more about them.

Even with their gayness out of the equation, they're two awesome characters.

Technically, theyre just modern, semi-satirical versions of Batman and Superman, but they both have a depth that make them much more...legitimate and entertaining than most satires are.

Their two of my favourite comic book characters and one of my favourite comic book couples. So glad that they're in this series seeing these two being wtitten by Cornell is what made me want to buy this series :up:

Yes, we know. You like them because they're gay. You've said that three times now.

Not just because their gay. I :hrt: them because they are interesting well written and bad ass gay characters

The scene at the end of this issue of Midnighter taking out the frakking Martian Manhunter in just one panel made me :woot:. And in future issues he'll be fighting the Moon and its 'heralds'

I predict awesome-ness ahead :cool:

Last edited:
Well, I think Daximites are orange. Or was that just that *****e with the Lanterns?

Well other things like maybe 4 fingers or something. Something subtle but different enough to where you can take a look and it's like "Oh, that is a Daxamite after all" or the race that Majestic is and still also is like "Oh, that is Majestic at the same time still". The orange skin if that is the case I guess helps but I thought that plenty of times Sodam Yat looked regular "white person" skinned.

I think Daxamaite's are supposed to be orange-ish

I don't think they are supposed to be orange. Modern Daxamites are primarily Kryptonian who bred with Native Daxamites and had the Eradicator mess with their DNA to differentiate them as a separate species.

Overall, Daxamites should look pretty Kryptonian. Which is not orange.

Their could be orange Daxamite's. You just never see them because Superman never helps out the orange skins :ninja:

He helps them out all night long

Helps them out of their pants :dry:

Not just because their gay. I :hrt: them because they are interesting well written and bad ass gay characters
yes, I know.

And that makes 4 times you said the exact same thing within 2 pages of a thread.

So are there any Stornwatch/Wildstorm characters that everyone would like to see turn up in this series who haven't shown up yet

I'd like Rose Tatoo to get some love :up:

And I'd love to see Gen 13 show up at some point in the series. I loved their series when Simone was writing it especially

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"