The Shadow, the Phantom or Dick Tracy?

Spider-Bat

BATMAN
Reaction score
Out of the three movies based on classic golden age heroes which was best, in your opinion.

For me it's The Shadow. I loved everything about it. The look, the feel, the cast, it was all great. It made me sad though that Alec couldn't play Bruce Wayne/Batman in Forever, he'd have been great, not that Kilmer was bad but Alec as Batman, come on! That would've been very nice, his voice alone would be worth hearing in the cowl!!!

The Phantom was good too, I saw that in the theater. It's a fun movie.

Dick Tracy I like but not much, and I HATE Madonna.

The Shadow I suppose ...
Dick Tracy was a film I enjoyed for what it was.
The Phantom was disappointing to me back in '96, but I recently bought it on DVD and like it alright now.

I liked that movie, but it really didn't do anything amazing overall.

I never read a Phantom comic but I liked the purple suit and guns.

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

The Phantom? I don't think so.

Dick Tracy? Please.

The Shadow knows!

I don't really have a preference with them, I found them all entertaining in some way or another.

The Shadow with the Phantom a close 2nd.

Dick Tracy, still love that movie

dick tracy reminds me alot of sin city...

maybe they should do a remake of it in the same style...i'd love to see a black and white tracy with just his yellow coat and hat visible, it'd be awesome..

The Shadow
Dick Tracy
The Phantom

Rocketeer blows all these away. But the Shadow is a close second.

Dick Tracy, you can tell the cast was loving every minute of it. The matte paintings are beautiful, the animation is great, and the prosthetics still hold up today. Although the story is a little weak, the amazing visuals make up for that. Not to mention the awesome opening credits and Danny Elfman's great score.

^Elfman was on Dick Tracy?

Awesome.:up:

I alos liked Madonna's songs from the movie.

I never used to notice but, the score for Dick Tracy sounds nearly identical to the score for Batman in some parts. But then again Elfman's music always sounds somewhat similar.

dick tracy reminds me alot of sin city...

maybe they should do a remake of it in the same style...i'd love to see a black and white tracy with just his yellow coat and hat visible, it'd be awesome..

That's an interesting idea, and we all know how much Hollywood love their remakes!

*cough*footloose*cough*

I love these pulp fiction films.
You also should've added The Rocketeer.

Hell, some may know my intense love for The Phantom and The Shadow, so I don't know which one I'd chose. Perhaps The Shadow. All 3 are great films, btw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"