The Stephen King Thread - Part 2

Happy Birthday Steve!!!
Posted: September 21, 2022, 08:00:26
king75.jpg

Happy birthday to Steve today as he turns 75!

I hope you have a great day with lots of presents and cake and Steve, today it’s OK to keep the laptop closed.

Copied from Lilja's Library: Lilja's Library - The World of Stephen King [1996 - 2022]

...almost finished with Pet Sematary, then onto IT.

Cover For Holly Revealed
Posted: January 21, 2023, 12:04:08
Section: Book » Holly
Simon & Schuster have released the cover for Holly.

518ee15c-8916-4324-ba1f-8c29e6.jpg

Holly Gibney, one of Stephen King's most compelling and ingeniously resourceful characters, returns in this thrilling novel to solve the gruesome truth behind multiple disappearances in a midwestern town.

Stephen King's Holly marks the triumphant return of beloved King character Holly Gibney. Readers have witnessed Holly’s gradual transformation from a shy (but also brave and ethical) recluse in Mr. Mercedes to Bill Hodges's partner in Finders Keepers to a full-fledged, smart, and occasionally tough private detective in The Outsider. In King's new novel, Holly is on her own, and up against a pair of unimaginably depraved and brilliantly disguised adversaries.

When Penny Dahl calls the Finders Keepers detective agency hoping for help locating her missing daughter, Holly is reluctant to accept the case. Her partner, Pete, has Covid. Her (very complicated) mother has just died. And Holly is meant to be on leave. But something in Penny Dahl's desperate voice makes it impossible for Holly to turn her down.

Mere blocks from where Bonnie Dahl disappeared live Professors Rodney and Emily Harris. They are the picture of bourgeois respectability: married octogenarians, devoted to each other, and semi-retired lifelong academics. But they are harboring an unholy secret in their well-kept, book-lined home, one that may be related to Bonnie's disappearance. And it will prove nearly impossible to discover what they are up to: they are savvy, they are patient, and they are ruthless.

Holly must summon all her formidable talents to outthink and outmaneuver the shockingly twisted professors in this chilling new masterwork from Stephen King. "I could never let Holly Gibney go. She was supposed to be a walk-on character in Mr. Mercedes and she just kind of stole the book and stole my heart. Holly is all her." -- STEPHEN KING

Release: September 5, 2023
Page count: 464

Copied from Lilja's Library: Lilja's Library - The World of Stephen King [1996 - 2023]

I want this already! She's a favorite character of mine. :D

YOU LIKE IT DARKER; NEW COLLECTION OUT IN 2024
Posted: August 8, 2023, 23:38
Section: Book » You Like It Darker
In the latest episode of Talking Scared Podcast King reveals that he’ll have a new collection out in 2024. The title will be You Like it Darker. No word on when during 2024 it will be out but it will be over 600 pages long. Here is what King said about it:

Then last year, there’s a story. It’ll be in a book that comes out next year called You Like It Darker. They’re mostly news stories, long stories, for the most part. One of them is called The Dreamers. One night I was lying in bed. I tell myself stories before I go to sleep. That’s how I get to sleep. I had this image of a man who was under some kind of drug. He opens his eyes and they turn black and these tendrils start to come out of his eyeballs. They just creep me out. I couldn’t think about that anymore. I put that aside.

The next day I said to myself, oh, I remember that book, Lovecraft’s Beyond the Wall of
Sleep. I said, what if a man didn’t get through the wall of sleep or over the wall of sleep, but
under it? What if there was something beyond that wall, beyond the actual dreams that we have, a reality that’s huge, that’s apocalyptic, some huge darkness that’s sentient, that had something
like that? I thought that goes with the tendrils and the eyeballs. I had that story like that. But I couldn’t think about it at night. I couldn’t do that because it just was so creepy to me.

Copied from Lilja's Library: Lilja's Library - The World of Stephen King

WILL THERE BE A TALISMAN 3?
Posted: August 8, 2023, 23:40
Section: Book » The Talisman 3
In the latest episode of Talking Scared Podcast King reveals that Peter Straub sent him a long letter with an idea for a third Talisman book before he died and King say he has an idea himself and IF King writes it it will be a long book.

I don’t know about you but I keep my fingers crossed…

WE THINK NOT; UPCOMING HOLLY BOOK
Posted: August 8, 2023, 23:45
Section: Book » We Think Not
In the latest episode of Talking Scared Podcast King reveals that he’s working on a book that will once again feature Holly (but also other characters) called We Think Not. The book have a lot of stories going on and it will be a long book. No word on when it will be out.

I'm alway happy to read something new from Mister King. :D

I hated Running Man and the Pet Sematary remake. Mr. Mercedes was great! I agree about Green Mile. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"