The Storm/Ororo Munroe Thread

Late 20s to early 30s is ideal for Storm, assuming that actress would play the role for 20 years.

Last edited:
I would not mind having an older Storm in his early forties again, as in the original trilogy.

The first time which we see Ororo/Storm, she's 3 years old in 1962 (the Cerebro sequence in First Class).
This means that she was definitely 24 years old during the events of Apocalypse.
She was 41 during the events of X1/X2 (set in 1999).
X1 came out in 2000 and is set in the 'not too distant future.'

X1 came out in 2000 and is set in the 'not too distant future.'

"Not too distant future" for First Class and its era. It's not a "too distant future" from a 1962 perspective, indeed.
Cyclops was 18 years old in 1983, as proved by Apocalypse. This means that the events of X-Men Origins, where Cyclops was (also) 18 years old, occurred 15 years before X-Men 1 and X2.
Rounding it up: 1999.

The only way to set X-Men 1 in 2003/2005 or so is disregarding X-Men Origins as part of the main universe and assuming that it's an alternate universe. The debate is open.

Logic. Brain. Mind.

Last edited:
"Not too distant future" for First Class and its era. It's not a "too distant future" from a 1962 perspective, indeed.
Cyclops was 18 years old in 1983, as proved by Apocalypse. This means that the events of X-Men Origins, where Cyclops was (also) 18 years old, occurred 15 years before X-Men 1 and X2.
Rounding it up: 1999.

The only way to set X-Men 1 in 2003/2005 or so is disregarding X-Men Origins as part of the main universe and assuming that it's an alternate universe. The debate is open.

Logic. Brain. Mind.

X-Men was released in 2000. So the viewers at that time (and today) and couldn't possibly think 1999 for a 2000 film set in the not too distant future.

If it doesn't add up to Origins: Wolverine, it is called a continuity inconsistency/error. Honestly the people behind these films didn't think about a lot of these things.

X-Men was released in 2000. So the viewers at that time (and today) and couldn't possibly think 1999 for a 2000 film set in the not too distant future.

It doesn't matter. The early story of the XCM X-Men starts in 1962 (FC) and progresses until 1983 (Origins). That's our "retconned" point of view.
Also, Apocalypse and Dark Phoenix officially established that Jean Grey was born in 1966.
The prologue of The Last Stand is set in 1980 (Jean is 13/14 years old), The Last Stand occurs in 2000.

Even if they made some tiny continuity mistakes, we ourselves can fill the gaps... and everything works just fine.

Last edited:
It doesn't matter. The early story of the XCM X-Men starts in 1962 (FC) and progresses until 1983 (Origins). That's our "retconned" point of view.
Also, Apocalypse and Dark Phoenix officially established that Jean Grey was born in 1966.
The prologue of The Last Stand is set in 1980 (Jean is 13/14 years old), The Last Stand occurs in 2000.

Even if they made some tiny continuity mistakes, we ourselves can fill the gaps... and everything works just fine.

Thats your point of view. We should go back to discussing MCU Storm.

MCU Storm must be 33. Wise and skilled.

I'm 33, wise and skilled too. It doesn't need to be an eXact age.

LOL, I wasn't being literal about the age. Thirty and something. World-weary, skilled, wise and smart. We need a second in command!

Yeah, the Gold Strike Force.

I have two choices for Ororo depending on age range/direction

Older-- Jayme Lawson (25) 'The Woman King'

5wis4c.jpg

Younger -- Shahadi Wright Joseph (17) 'Us'

20221124_161650.jpg

(And yes, it's important that they cast a dark-skinned actress)

I don't know where did you get Strike Force. But I meant a X-Men squad in which she's the leader / first in command.

Blue Strike Force and Gold Strike Force, the two teams of X-Men #1 (October 1991) and Uncanny X-Men #281.

Last edited:
I entered comics just as Cyclops' Blue Team and Storm's Gold Team became a thing, so that's a strong foundation for me right there.

I entered comics just as Cyclops' Blue Team and Storm's Gold Team became a thing, so that's a strong foundation for me right there.
Got to be one of the most popular sub-team arrangements of the X-Men and then the 91 issue bringing everyone together was around the height of X-Men popularity. Would give a lot to get back to those days. :D Imagine X-Men are as popular around the world after a few years of MCU X-Men as they were in comics at that time!

I would not mind having an older Storm in his early forties again, as in the original trilogy.

The first time which we see Ororo/Storm, she's 3 years old in 1962 (the Cerebro sequence in First Class).

WTF
Rewatch First Class
In Cerebro sequence she is not à 3 years old baby but a teenager or almost
However i dont believe they was Scott and Ororo in this sequence
We Know they are born in 60s in Foxverse. It cant be them in 1962. They Just wanted to joke us by putting some kids lookig like familiar characters

For Mcu Storm i hope her uniform Will be based on her 2019 uniform comics
I like this Xsuit!!! The one we saw during X-Men disassembled and debut House of X

WTF
Rewatch First Class
In Cerebro sequence she is not à 3 years old baby but a teenager or almost

No. The other "cameos" looked like teenagers. She looked like a kid. Trust me.

Storm is a teenager in 1983. So shes not born yet in 1962
Nobody confirmed that was Storm in first class

Anywho, its already irrelevant in Marvel Studios' X-Men. She could be a millenial, gen Z or Generation Alpha in the MCU.

24 year old actress Lovie Simone would make a really good Storm. She was fantastic as the lead in movie Selah and the Spades. She was also solid in supporting roles in movies Monster and The Walk.

She is young enough to play Storm for years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"