The Suicide Squad: General Discussion and Speculation

Not the worst news in regards to this film. Granted, it's a-nother film in this universe losing a director or someone attached, but hopefully it gets someone stronger.

"...Johnson does a lot of business with Warner Bros, and let Disney and that studio work out the Collet-Serra situation. Warner Bros will quickly find another filmmaker to guide Suicide Squad 2, a sought after slot that is the sequel to the film David Ayer wrote and directed based on the DC Comics property. The original film grossed $745 million worldwide and the ensemble that includes Will Smith, Margot Robbie and Jared Leto are poised to return..."

6dy1ah.png

"...Johnson does a lot of business with Warner Bros, and let Disney and that studio work out the Collet-Serra situation. Warner Bros will quickly find another filmmaker to guide Suicide Squad 2, a sought after slot that is the sequel to the film David Ayer wrote and directed based on the DC Comics property. The original film grossed $745 million worldwide and the ensemble that includes Will Smith, Margot Robbie and Jared Leto are poised to return..."

Wasn't Killer Frost supposed to replace Harley Quinn because Robbie is doing Gotham City Sirens?

Vaughn on Skwad 2. Some guys threw that around in the Supes' Director thread and I'd say let's get that trending.

Bummer about Collet-Serra. Thought he had the sorta grounded, mid-budget sensibilities that could lead to a strong SS film. Hopefully there's someone else in line who can tackle it. I recall Ruben Fleischer being one of the names prior to taking on Venom, but I hope they just don't go to the same well and get like, Jonathan Levine. I'd like to see another out of the box choice.

It's odd that Suicide Squad 2 was announced at Comic-Con when SS2 doesn't even have a director attached to it.
While no mention was made of Gotham City Sirens even though David Ayer tweeted he is still directing GCS.

Not the worst news in regards to this film. Granted, it's a-nother film in this universe losing a director or someone attached, but hopefully it gets someone stronger.

He's not officially attached, contracted nor announced though :yay:

Wasn't Killer Frost supposed to replace Harley Quinn because Robbie is doing Gotham City Sirens?

Nope, fan site BS.

It's odd that Suicide Squad 2 was announced at Comic-Con when SS2 doesn't even have a director attached to it.
While no mention was made of Gotham City Sirens even though David Ayer tweeted he is still directing GCS.

Read between the lines :cwink:

I wonder if he used SS to bargain with Disney, Kroll said Vaughn was using The Flash to push for a Kingsman 3 with Fox before.

They could consider Fede Alvarez who was in the list for Batman or Guy Ritchie who expressed his interest this year

Wouldn't be surprised if Jaume did try and negotiate through the press.

Fede would be dope, but he's working on the Dragon Tattoo sequel. Guy would be an awesome pick.

Eh. It's a name they can cross off their shortlist. It's a setback, but it's not exactly a Famuyiwa situation where the guy was actually in it for a good deal of time.

Wouldn't be surprised if Jaume did try and negotiate through the press.

Fede would be dope, but he's working on the Dragon Tattoo sequel. Guy would be an awesome pick.

That's disappointing, and I realized Guy is doing Aladdin as well.

Wonder if they try to court Paul Greengrass or Edgar Wright, the names on the previous shortlist are busy or uninspiring

If you really think Edgar Wright is going to go from a film like Baby Driver to a sequel to a film that had the kind of response that Suicide Squad had... curb that expectation.

If you really think Edgar Wright is going to go from a film like Baby Driver to a sequel to a film that had the kind of response that Suicide Squad had... curb that expectation.

You could tell that to James Mangold :cwink:

I don't EXPECT him to do it, but it'd be worth a talk, his sensibility will be really good for the franchise and SS got a pretty good response by the general population - 745M without China, people voted with their wallet. The critical side is awful but that doesn't mean the new director has to imitate what WB/Ayer did last year, Logan had a foundation called Wolverine origin and it turned out fine.

I'd love to see someone outside the box tackle it. Karyn Kusama perhaps? I think she deserves a chance to helm another blockbuster. But WB might not be the best place for that.

EDIT: Searching her name on Twitter, there's a surprising amount of people who bring her up as a dream director for the movie. I think she deserves another big budget movie. Particularly after WW and Patty Jenkins.

Justin Kroll @krolljvar

So hearing at the earliest, SUICIDE SQUAD 2 won't go in to production until fall 2018 because of Smith's schedule with ALADDIN and GEMINI

Probably. Should've at least gotten a good writer if you're giving it to O' Connor.

Yeah, I mean I loved Warrior (which he also wrote)... but The Accountant was very generic, especially towards the end.

Yeah, I mean I loved Warrior (which he also wrote)... but The Accountant was very generic, especially towards the end.

I enjoyed the Accountant. Not everything has to be the Godfather to be good.

No it doesn't, but it definitely needs to be entertaining. Which it was not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"