Mel Gibson Is The Director?

No, but it f***ing should've been.
This.

I should have clarified. Suicide Squad could be a subversion of the superhero genre, if executed properly. If Gibson is interested, that could be why.

Does this mean Jesus is going to be in the Suicide Squad now?

Based Mel spreading the word of christ

If Mel directs this then I'm well and truly onboard.

It's an interesting idea. Mel could do some good things with the property....just not sure he would actually do it.

I suppose if they went more low key with the story, Task Force X sent into some South American third world nation to knock off some rogue general or dictator then it would be more up his alley. If he's researching the material like The Hollywood Reporter is suggesting then I guess he's not going to dismiss it out of hand. The wind could blow either way.

I suppose if they went more low key with the story, Task Force X sent into some South American third world nation to knock off some rogue general or dictator then it would be more up his alley.
And that's precisely what Suicide Squad should be.

Going to be another round of director carousel. I can't see Mel staying from start to finish.

I suppose if they went more low key with the story, Task Force X sent into some South American third world nation to knock off some rogue general or dictator then it would be more up his alley. If he's researching the material like The Hollywood Reporter is suggesting then I guess he's not going to dismiss it out of hand. The wind could blow either way.

hell yes

take the hot topic element out and do this instead, I'll be there day 1

Giving the Squad a superpowered light-show endangering a city to fight in their first film was an astonishingly dumb idea, and I don't know how they let it get as far as it did.

I've always felt Gibson was better suited to direct a Daredevil or Punisher film if he were to direct a comic property.

Justin Kroll says it's Mel Gibson's job if he wants it. Will Smith wants him to direct and they've tried to work together before. Kroll says Mel is really intrigued by the SS cast.

Justin Kroll says it's Mel Gibson's job if he wants it. Will Smith wants him to direct and they've tried to work together before. Kroll says Mel is really intrigued by the SS cast.

https://twitter.com/krolljvar/status/832064998985732098

Who wouldn't wanna work with Margot Robbie?

bb4e7-dreamy.gif

Mel is a pig but he is an awesome director so this would be amazing

Levine, Fleischer, or Gibson

sounds like they might actually turn this Skwad ship around

It's so funny how backwards all of these films have gone these past years. We've got Fantastic Four and Superman films described as "gritty and realistic", and we got a Suicide Squad film with Justice League level threat and the emotional stakes worthy of an Evanescence music video. It's all really messed up.

This must happen! A chance to make the sequel what many of us hoped the first movie would be.

Gibson is a rare example where we know more about him than other directors. Maybe Fincher and Cameron are the same or worse but they were never addicted to alcohol. Who knows.

But the guy directed Apocalypto and The Passion of the Christ. I dont care if you dont like the story. He directed the sh... out of those movies. This guy with enough creative freedom can tell a good cinematic story.

In his private life he is of course an imbecile. Based on everything that happened in 2010 with his ex wife ....he has now a 35 younger girlfriend. pregnant 26 year old girlfriend. His ninth child? Come on

Last edited:
This could go one of three ways (if it does happen):

A. The Incredible Hulk TV series kind of situation: Distant from the character source material, but quite a delight to watch, with lots of quality put into it.

B. Steel movie situation: True to the source material, but embarrassed of certain aspects about it. At least it stays a delightful movie to watch (in my humble opinion), albeit being a messy one.

C. Somewhere in between quality, but still delightful entertainment to sit through.

I chose to compare Mel Gibson to Kenneth Johnson cause it's appropriate, both of them share similar attitude toward comic books.

This could go one of three ways (if it does happen):

A. The Incredible Hulk TV series kind of situation: Distant from the character source material, but quite a delight to watch, with lots of quality put into it.

B. Steel movie situation: True to the source material, but embarrassed of certain aspects about it. At least it stays a delightful movie to watch (in my humble opinion), albeit being a messy one.

C. Somewhere in between quality, but still delightful entertainment to sit through.

I chose to compare Mel Gibson to Kenneth Johnson cause it's appropriate, both of them share similar attitude toward comic books.

Well it was said that he's researching the comics, so I think it'll get a certain degree of the source material in there.

Who wouldn't wanna work with Margot Robbie?

Is Margot Robbie going to be in Suicide Squad 2 though? The reason David Ayer isn't directing Suicide Squad 2 is because he will be busy directing
Gotham City Sirens. So as Robbie is the star of that movie, seems like she would also be too busy.

Gibson is a rare example where we know more about him than other directors. Maybe Fincher and Cameron are the same or worse but they were never addicted to alcohol. Who knows.

But the guy directed Apocalypto and The Passion of the Christ. I dont care if you dont like the story. He directed the sh... out of those movies. This guy with enough creative freedom can tell a good cinematic story.

In his private life he is of course an imbecile. Based on everything that happened in 2010 with his ex wife ....he has now a 35 younger girlfriend. pregnant 26 year old girlfriend. His ninth child? Come on

And he still has it, Hacksaw Ridge was so so well directed. But still, it's a weird situation where he doesn't deserve DC, but DC doesn't deserve him either. I'm definitely on-board if this goes through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"