World The Superman: TAS discussion thread.

Just finished my rewatch today and forgot how good this was. Best Lois Lane ever no matter the adaption. I liked how made Supes powerful yet still very vulnerable.

http://kane52630.tumblr.com/post/126406951684/worlds-finest-part-i-superman-the-animated

tumblr_nswo0wzZC61rrkahjo1_400.gif
tumblr_nswo0wzZC61rrkahjo2_400.gif

tumblr_nswo0wzZC61rrkahjo3_400.gif
tumblr_nswo0wzZC61rrkahjo4_400.gif

tumblr_nswo0wzZC61rrkahjo5_400.gif
tumblr_nswo0wzZC61rrkahjo6_400.gif

tumblr_nswo0wzZC61rrkahjo7_400.gif
tumblr_nswo0wzZC61rrkahjo8_400.gif

tumblr_nswo0wzZC61rrkahjo9_400.gif
tumblr_nswo0wzZC61rrkahjo10_400.gif

Hello everybody, i'm new to the forum and this may not be in the good place but i don't see another place for it.
i'm searching for a specific episod of "Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman".
all i remember is that the nemesis in the episod was mostly green and had the ability to shapeshift (he took the apparence of mrs Kent and tried to murder superman) and copy superman powers. I remember that he copy superman's lazer by parying it with some kind of stone, then the stone granted him the same power (but in green instead of red).
all thoses memories comes from my childhood, so it may be quite inacurate and i'm particularly curious to take a new look on it and to identify that nemesis.
can you guys help me? please?

My favorite DCAU Clark Kent / Superman design is the one from the Static Shock S3E12 "Toys in the Hood".
07.jpg

01.jpg

04.jpg

One of the reasons I like this design over the other DCAU Superman designs is because he has blue eyes, instead of the black dots.

Superman TAS:
38.jpg

Static Shock Superman:
03.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_mM-S7H7bk

Last edited:
I remember thinking the blue eyes looked so weird as a kid... I was so used to the black dots.

I never liked the black dots. Kind of took some of the emotion out of his face.

Is it true that they considered having Cat Grant be part of the TAS cast but then cut her out for the Angela Chen character?

Did Timm and the gang ever say why the disliked Prof. Hamilton so much? I remember Timm and co saying interviews that they didn't like him but I don't remember if they actually said why.

Hey anyone here ever seen the old "Mighty Hercules" cartoons that inspired the look of TAS? Intro can be seen here -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrLM6UKcMPg

The black dots never bothered me in the DCAU, I did take issue when they did it in Superman Doomsdsy though when that had a much larger budget than an episode of STAS.

For those who ik the black dots, they are making a comeback in the upcoming "Justice League Action " animated series sometime this year to Cartoon Network.
JLA_Poster_v3b1-2-720x1080.jpg

I really hope that does well...it's been a while since we had a good DC animated show.

For those who ik the black dots, they are making a comeback in the upcoming "Justice League Action " animated series sometime this year to Cartoon Network.
JLA_Poster_v3b1-2-720x1080.jpg

I don't know how far along they are with the casting (outside of Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill reportedly coming back for Batman & Joker) but I think Brian Bloom could be an excellent Superman if he used his Captain America voice or some variant on that voice. It'd also be funny to have him play Superman after playing Ultraman in "Crisis on 2 Earths" and Hyperion on the Avengers cartoon that shall not be named.

Still, my unrealistic animated Superman dream will always be an Earth 1 Superman meets Earth 2 Superman where the two Supermen are played by Tim Daly and George Newbern, just so we could hear their voices bounce off each other.

Last edited:
Episode- The Hand of Fate

http://kane52630.tumblr.com/post/158027974824/the-hand-of-fate-superman-the-animated-series

tumblr_omco5qP3081rrkahjo2_400.gif
tumblr_omco5qP3081rrkahjo1_400.gif

tumblr_omco5qP3081rrkahjo3_400.gif
tumblr_omco5qP3081rrkahjo4_400.gif

tumblr_omco5qP3081rrkahjo5_400.gif
tumblr_omco5qP3081rrkahjo6_400.gif

tumblr_omco5qP3081rrkahjo7_400.gif
tumblr_omco5qP3081rrkahjo8_400.gif

tumblr_omco5qP3081rrkahjo9_400.gif
tumblr_omco5qP3081rrkahjo10_400.gif

Trivia
  • This episode is the first to show Superman's vulnerability to magic (a later episode is Justice League, "The Terror Beyond").
  • First appearances of Doctor Fate and Inza in the DCAU, though Superman is shown to have met them before.
  • This incarnation of Doctor Fate is Kent Nelson, as shown by the appearance of Inza.
  • Rainsong's bookshop is named "The Dancing Hobbit", a reference to the diminutive people from J.R.R. Tolkien's The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings.

Paul Dini pays homage to Superman: The Animated Series in Action Comics #975 of Dc Rebirth Superman

spoiler warning ahead a classic Superman villain returns
jzi79z.jpg

STAS! Best Lois Lane ever. That's what I'm waiting to see in live action. I think this Superman is one of the better animated versions ad well and I grew to love the black dots; I think his face showed more emotion than I've ever seen him show in a cartoon. My other fav animated Superman looks are JLU, Superman: Unbound and Superman/Batman

In celebration of the 25th anniversary of Batman the Animated Series, it is valued to be entertained by the lesser admired younger brother that takes place before, along with, and after The New Adventures of Batman.

I don't think that I've paid attention to Perry White being voiced by the same actor behind Arnold Wesker and Scarface before this view.

Sat through the entire run of both Batman:TAS and Superman:TAS, and what a glorious marathon that was.
Had to end it with the final arc of this series; Legacy, and that stuff is a dark way to end a series, at least it's not the way the chose to end the world with.

I always preferred Superman's design in his solo show as opposed to what they gave him in Justice League:TAS, the same goes for Aquaman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"