• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

The Trekkie Conundrum

How do you say "Only nerds speak Klingon." in Klingon?

Ick. You know, at least hardcore anime geeks learn to speak a real language. I have absolutely no respect for usage of the Klingon "language."

I absolutely agree. It's not something I would generally say that I'm proud of.

how do you say 'donkey punch' in Klingon??

Donkey would usually be a proper word... Like it's technically a name. So I guess "Donkey u'Ach (hew-atch)". I can't really think of a good literal translation as Klingons do not practice donkey punches.

How does one say "You suck!" in Klingon?

The easiest way would be to say "K'tal'ak Mag'O (Kay-tol-ack Mayg-OH)" That means literally You Suck. A proper Klingon insult would be closer to "J'u mag k'AH mo'POR (Jew maj k-AHHHH moe-Poor)".

It's totally not going to pass through the autofilter though.

How do you say "Only nerds speak Klingon." in Klingon?

pah P'tak k'lah Klingon (paw Pa-tawk ka-law Klingon). For added effect it would be best said "P'tak! k'Lah KLINGON"

The first litterally says "only nerds speak Klingon" the second says "Idiot (Klingons don't really have nerds:huh:) Speak Klingon?"

I hope you're all bearing in mind that in the most technical sense Klingon isn't exactly a language and because not all words have appeared on screen several different translators have taken certain liberties associated with creating words and syntax that don't appear. For this reason one can say that my Klingon "dialect" is valid even if another speaker doesn't immediately recognize everything that I've said.

Sort of like going to India.

:word:

Last edited:
Majic....appreciate the answer but it was mostly a rhetorical question

Walrus, I now visualize you as your avvy but now in a Enterprise uniform.

I absolutely agree. It's not something I would generally say that I'm proud of.

Donkey would usually be a proper word... Like it's technically a name. So I guess "Donkey u'Ach (hew-atch)". I can't really think of a good literal translation as Klingons do not practice donkey punches.

The easiest way would be to say "K'tal'ak Mag'O (Kay-tol-ack Mayg-OH)" That means literally You Suck. A proper Klingon insult would be closer to "J'u mag k'AH mo'POR (Jew maj k-AHHHH moe-Poor)".

It's totally not going to pass through the autofilter though.

pah P'tak k'lah Klingon (paw Pa-tawk ka-law Klingon). For added effect it would be best said "P'tak! k'Lah KLINGON"

The first litterally says "only nerds speak Klingon" the second says "Idiot (Klingons don't really have nerds:huh:) Speak Klingon?"

I hope you're all bearing in mind that in the most technical sense Klingon isn't exactly a language and because not all words have appeared on screen several different translators have taken certain liberties associated with creating words and syntax that don't appear. For this reason one can say that my Klingon "dialect" is valid even if another speaker doesn't immediately recognize everything that I've said.

Sort of like going to India.

:word:

:ST::bow::bow::bow::ST:

I was in the local mall and saw a Trekkie in all his splendor....I assumed he was heading to the theater to see 'Star Trek'....he was a large bespectacled man wearing a 'Star Trek IV' T-shirt and a wristband that had the Federation symbol on it

Do you actually know the whole lanuage? Why would anyone want to make up a language that has little real world application? Speaking of which, what about the Elvish one in the LOTR? I forgot what they call it...

And as for this topic, I seem to remember a video that came out that noted this exact Trekkie phenomenon. It had a cover of a baby dressed in an Enterprise shirt with that.. hand ... sign. I forgot what you call it too. :\

Do you actually know the whole lanuage? Why would anyone want to make up a language that has little real world application? Speaking of which, what about the Elvish one in the LOTR? I forgot what they call it...

And as for this topic, I seem to remember a video that came out that noted this exact Trekkie phenomenon. It had a cover of a baby dressed in an Enterprise shirt with that.. hand ... sign. I forgot what you call it too. :\

There was a movie called Trekkies which helps put things in perspective and was actually very interesting.

And in the strictest sense the language isn't "canon" because the entire language hasn't appeared on screen at any point. However the language is complete in a sense that using a common system of syntax and phrases someone has pieced together what represents a language.

Several languages have been "invented" in the past but never one from fandom. Learning the language for me was really just an attempt to have fun with some friends. The language doesn't serve a useful purpose in reality other than doing something fun.

How many of you "learned" pig latin? Well it's like that except for 1,000 times cooler. [/trekkie]

And I don't think I've met anyone who takes Pig Latin seriously. If you were to tell someone that Pig Latin isn't a "real" language, I doubt they'd get in your face, shout "YES IT IS!!" and then pull a dictionary out of their backpack.

or threaten you with a Klingon sword...I forget the name....starts with a B or a V

You probably have to clear your throat when you say it, and there's probably an "ah" sound in it.

I'm surprised nobody mentioned the fandom that I consider to be the new "trekkie". TOY COLLECTORS. Out of all the nerdy ***** I like, NOthing gets more funny looks and distain than when I go to toys r us, target, walmart, whatever and go up to the checkout line with like 6 figures. And if they ask is it for you and y ou answer truthfully, the looks you get. Oy.

Darthkush, do you happen to read Shortpacked?

One of my close friends is a figurehead....he has boxes upon boxes, figures in box tacked up on the wall

I'm surprised nobody mentioned the fandom that I consider to be the new "trekkie". TOY COLLECTORS. Out of all the nerdy ***** I like, NOthing gets more funny looks and distain than when I go to toys r us, target, walmart, whatever and go up to the checkout line with like 6 figures. And if they ask is it for you and y ou answer truthfully, the looks you get. Oy.

sorry... we really arn't that nerdy... im sure some are, but as a whole... not that bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"