• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The ultimate College Football thread!!!!!!!!! OMG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mister J

Enlightened to the Great Darkness
Staff member
Reaction score
Oye! Oye! After last year's magnanimous gesture, where I allowed someone else to win the Bowl Season Pick 'Em Challenge and be deemed worthy of creating this thread (which, as it turns out, isn't tax deductible :argh:), I have reclaimed the thread-creating throne. My masterful display of intuition and competence was more than enough to scare away the grand majority of those interested and to easily outdistance (read: thrash) those audacious enough to face me. Bow down to the King.

Now, with the pleasantries and modesty out of the way, let's talk NCAA Football.

Allow me to pose a few inquiries that shall fall into our scope during this campaign:
  • What unknowing suspect from a non-elitist conference dare to go undefeated only to be left with a consolation prize to the so-called National Championship Game...which is informally becoming known as the SEC Invitational?
  • Will Urban Meyer manage to commit recruiting violations even though he no longer is coaching?
  • Will Lane Kiffin, refusing to be outdone, trump Meyer on the violations tally?
  • Will Meyer actually get his Favre on again and come back to coaching?
  • Is this the year that sees bowl game participation span to include 75% of all possible D-1A teams with the additions of such future stalwarts as the Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal Bowl, the $9.99 Sizzler Buffet Bowl and the Fruit of the Loom Boxer Briefs (aka The Best of Both Worlds) Bowl?
  • How will the college football infrastructure survive another year without Tim Tebow?
  • After another failed outing and the veritable Kiss of Death resulting from one of his College Gameday picks, will some overreaching alumni base seek to sue Lee Corso for intentional infliction of emotional distress?
  • Will the FCC finally take heed to my letters of complaint regarding Oregon's uniforms?
  • Alternatively, with the recent seizure of varied pirated stream websites by ICE/Homeland Security, do I have other avenues of recourse? (Note: I haven't figured out the connection here, but I'll try anything). (Note 2: I'm inordinately pissed about this... the website seizures and Oregon's uniforms).
It's National Signing Day. Take the time to slam some unwitting 18-year old who dares turn down your favorite institution of higher learning. I've done it before. Feels good.

Off we go!

Last edited:
Mmm...Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

I've been pleading with Boss to get the SuperheroHype.com Presented By Coming Soon Media Bowl going in Houston. No luck yet :csad:

Go Dawgs :cool:

Go Irish. I like what I see of Mr. Brian Kelly so far, and he raked in a pretty darn good recruiting class this year. Back to the BCS!

Let's go Gamecock...s!

And damn the hype censors! :argh:

Recruiting class is shaping up nicely, not a top ten class, but recruiting can be hit or miss sometimes.

Hopefully Carolina can bag Clowney.

Life just sucks for Mitch Mustain http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncf/news/story?id=6083009

Let's recap, shall we? :whatever:

• Spring 2006 - Mustain signs with Arkansas as the #1 QB in America.
  • November 2006 - Houston Nutt relieves Mustain as starter, puts in Casey Dick, who remains starter the rest of the year.
  • January 2007 - Mustain and his mother go whining to coach Nutt about "Let my baby play!". Nutt basically says "There's the door."
  • May 2007 - Mustain transfers to Southern Cal. Sits out a year, as per NCAA rules.
  • 2008 to 2010 - Serves as #3 QB behind Mark Sanchez and Matt Barkley. Final result is him having played 9 games over five years.
  • 2011 - While "preparing for the draft", Mustain arrested for suspicion of selling prescription drugs.

Last edited:
I remember thinking the dude was an arrogant little **** when I heard he was transferring just because he couldn't start as a freshman. Think he also left because of Nutt's playcalling, handing the ball off to McFadden and Jones a good percent of the time didn't seem to go with his plans. Glad to see he thrived at Southern Cal's west coast style offense. :awesome:

Life just sucks for Mitch Mustain http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncf/news/story?id=6083009

Let's recap, shall we? :whatever:

• Spring 2006 - Mustain signs with Arkansas as the #1 QB in America.
  • November 2006 - Houston Nutt relieves Mustain as starter, puts in Casey Dick, who remains starter the rest of the year.
  • January 2007 - Mustain and his mother go whining to coach Nutt about "Let my baby play!". Nutt basically says "There's the door."
  • May 2007 - Mustain transfers to Southern Cal. Sits out a year, as per NCAA rules.
  • 2008 to 2010 - Serves as #3 QB behind Mark Sanchez and Matt Barkley. Final result is him having played 9 games over five years.
  • 2011 - While "preparing for the draft", Mustain arrested for suspicion of selling prescription drugs.

I take it that "preparing for the draft" means selling drugs so he can pay his cable bill and catch it on ESPN

Oye! Oye! After last year's magnanimous gesture, where I allowed someone else to win the Bowl Season Pick 'Em Challenge and be deemed worthy of creating this thread (which, as it turns out, isn't tax deductible :argh:), I have reclaimed the thread-creating throne. My masterful display of intuition and competence was more than enough to scare away the grand majority of those interested and to easily outdistance (read: thrash) those audacious enough to face me. Bow down to the King.

Now, with the pleasantries and modesty out of the way, let's talk NCAA Football.

Allow me to pose a few inquiries that shall fall into our scope during this campaign:
  • What unknowing suspect from a non-elitist conference dare to go undefeated only to be left with a consolation prize to the so-called National Championship Game...which is informally becoming known as the SEC Invitational?
  • Will Urban Meyer manage to commit recruiting violations even though he no longer is coaching?
  • Will Lane Kiffin, refusing to be outdone, trump Meyer on the violations tally?
  • Will Meyer actually get his Favre on again and come back to coaching?
  • Is this the year that sees bowl game participation span to include 75% of all possible D-1A teams with the additions of such future stalwarts as the Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal Bowl, the $9.99 Sizzler Buffet Bowl and the Fruit of the Loom Boxer Briefs (aka The Best of Both Worlds) Bowl?
  • How will the college football infrastructure survive another year with Tim Tebow?
  • After another failed outing and the veritable Kiss of Death resulting from one of his College Gameday picks, will some overreaching alumni base seek to sue Lee Corso for intentional infliction of emotional distress?
  • Will the FCC finally take heed to my letters of complaint regarding Oregon's uniforms?
  • Alternatively, with the recent seizure of varied pirated stream websites by ICE/Homeland Security, do I have other avenues of recourse. (Note: I haven't figured out the connection here, but I'll try anything). (Note 2: I'm inordinately pissed about this... the website seizures as Oregon's uniforms).
It's National Signing Day. Take the time to slam some unwitting 18-year old who dares turn down your favorite institution of higher learning. I've done it before. Feels good.

Off we go!

All hail J

allow me to address some of these concerns

- William and Mary

- Urban Meyer will try to form his own team at ESPN and commit recruiting violations for trying to woo Jeanne Zelasko

- Lane Kiffin will use Layla Kiffin as a "hostess" once the NCAA sanctions are lifted....hell, it was her idea

- This year will see the debut of the $5 Footlong Bowl, the Chipotle Butt Blaster Bowl, the Hey, Look..it's Elvis Bowl, and a bowl game who's name will be determined by a rose ceremony on this years 'The Bachelor'

- You don't just get over Tim Tebow....*sniff*

- I would sue the s*** out of Lee Corso...and ask for the Lee Corso head as restitution

- You leave Oregons uniforms alone....you only wish you could come up with such dazzling visuals and unique style

I'm already jumping on the W&M bandwagon. Go Tribe!

Hook Em Horns! Can't do worse then this past season...right?

We will call this season "A New Hope" now that Darth RichRod has been vanquished.

Go Blue!

has anyone here ever played college football or had a relative play?

my uncle was a Hurricane at The U during the 70's. He pretty much had his pick of anywhere in the country to play at, his final choices being Auburn and Miami and Miami is what he chose

Never had anyone in the family play college ball, but somebody from my home town was a back-up D lineman for USC in the late 90's/early 00's. He was on the team when they beat Ohio State two years in a row in the Outback Bowl and later came back to town to coach at the HS, he always wore both rings and I never seen him without them. He was mostly a special teams player, but it's not too shabby considering he was recruited from a school that only dressed out 22 or so players on Fridays.

Some one in my Step Moms family played ball. I can't remember if he had that career ending injury in HS or College.

My uncles brother in law is a kicker for the Titans. He's from Georgia Southern. Rob Bironas.

Last edited:
Several guys from my high school had good careers at Kentucky and Auburn.

like we don't know where you are already :ninja:

Triple Option's taking back the ACC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RAMBLIN WRECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bump since the spring practice games for a lot of teams are coming up. Anyone actually plan to attend their favorite team's spring outing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"