• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The "Ultimate Marvel" RPG Season VI IC Thread

ult.icemanbannerVI-2.bmp

Just as Logan, or half of Logan fell to the floor unconcious, I saw Sinister trying to run away in the corner of my eye. There was no way in hell I was going to let him get away, so I before he could reach the doorway, I put my hand on the floor and used it as a conduit to create a wall of ice that was big enough to seal the doorway before Sinister could reach it. He was trapped, and I wasn't happy...

"You're not going anywhere Sinister. Where's Moira?"

Sinister only laughed, and it was a laugh that almost made me steam with anger, literally, but there was nowhere Essex could go. He was cornered...

BANG!

...or so I thought.

He fired a few shots from his gun at me, but I freezed the bullets before they could graze me, but he used it as a distraction to run through the hole he shot through the ice-barrier. I wasn't going to let him get away, so I created an ice slide to follow him.

"Get back here!"

He led me throughout most of the facility, but I managed to keep up the pace. Although I had no idea where we were going, because I didn't recognize anything I passed by. Some kind of cells it looked like to me, for holding. This might be where he hid MacTaggert.

"HELP ME!!"

I love it when I'm right...

Wait, where did Sinister go? Damn I lost him...

Cool it, Drake. You can worry about Sinister later... Just find Moira,

"HEEELLP!!!"

"Moira? Moira calm down and tell me where you are!!"

"I'm down here!!"

I followed the echoes of her voice as they bounced off all the walls, and it led me to the last corridor of cells... where he was waiting.

"Sinister! Let her go!"

"Please, Iceman. Get him away from me..."

He had his gun pressed up to her ear, holding her tightly in his grasp. She was struggling, but he was too much for her to get free. I had to act. I dismounted the slide and approached them, but I stopped, holding out my hand in surrender.

"Just let her go, Essex. This is between you and me, not her. She isn't a part of this..."

"Hehehehehe.... Exactly."

BANG!

The blood spattered allover his face and the ice that covered me, and I froze. He killed her... My only chance at understanding what is happening to me, and he took it all away with just one shot...

"NO! NYYAAAGGHH!!!"

I conjured up a pair of ice darts and hurled them at Sinister, one pinnng his hand to the wall, and one through his shoulder. They were both bloodied by the wonds they created, but I had no care for his condition anymore. I just wanted him to suffer... but he kept on laughing.

"Hahahaha..."

"Why, Sinister? WHY DID YOU DO THIS!?!?"

"Becasue... You needed to grow up. This is the real world, Robert. Death. Pain. Anguish... And there's bound to be more of it, so I just gave you a mere taste of how it feels..."

"You're a monster..."

"Yes. I am. And you know what's best about being a monster?"

I looked up at him from the ground, already on my knees beside her body...

"I do not feel those emotions."

It hurt. It hurt to see her dead, all because I couldn't save her in time. These new powers, what good do they do me? I still can't save one life... What's the point anymore?

"It pains you... I can see it within you, Robert. Join me... Join me in serving Lord Apocalypse, and I can make the pain go away... Become his horseman, and you will never have to feel pain anymore."

"No..."

"What?"

"I said NO! I will never be like you, Sinister! I'm an X-Man!"

"Is that really much of a difference?"

"Maybe to you it isn't, but to me it is... It makes all the difference in the world!"

With that last spit in Sinister's face, I picked up Moira's body and slid away back to the main lab. I have to fix Logan so we can get out of here...

ult.ricochetbannerVI.bmp

Moments ago...

Just my luck right? As I finished up loading Jonah's new webpages and site maintenance, I noticed everyone in Jonah's office looking at the television. I didn't even look, but I listened to it from the other room.

"This is Sarah Dugan of News 1, reporting from downtown Manhattan where Spider-Man has just engaged the savage creature known as the Lizard in combat. Things look like they're getting fierce as the two--"

Spider-Man? Now's my chance! I better hurry up and get over there before Fury does...

"I finished up the website, Mr. Jameson!" I yelled out to him as I grabbed my bag and headed out the door.

"Parker, wait!"

Sorry, JJ, but it'll have to wait... I've got a Spider-Man to catch.

* * *​

Now...

After getting the drop on Jameson at the Bugle, I found myself jumping and leaping as fast and far as I could to where the Lizard and the faux Spidey were duking it out, in full Ricochet mode. This was my chance to finally take out the fake before he gets away again and I find Fury on my tail.

There! There he is swinging away! Gotta catch him...

With one strong leap I managed to reach where he was swinging, and I tossed one of my Rico-disks to cut his webline before he could finish his arc...

"Hey you!"

I had landed right in front of where the double was supposed to crash, but he managed to recover and land gently, his reflexes reacting with so much grace and percision. So much so that I've only ever seen something like that from one person: myself. Which can't be possible unless the guy is a really good acrobat. A REALLY good acrobat...

"I'd like to have a word..."

Last edited:
UltMags3.jpg

As Angel and his rescue team leaves the War Room Magneto gets to his feet and stares at his team.

"Madrox I wantt a twenty four hour security of this mansion. Work your duplicates until they keel over."

Jamie Madrox nods and claps his hands several times summoning forth seven exact duplicates of himself. He and his duplicates quickly leave the room.

"Mystique my dear I want you to go into town and investigate the local mutants. See if they're getting visions, telepathic summons, anything that might be Charles' handy work."

"Ofcourse my love."

Mystique gets to her feet and swiftly leaves, deadly determination on her face. Magneto takes his eyes off Mystique's departing form and brings them back to his remaining team.

"The rest of you will be joining me in the Danger Room. We're not going to stand a chance in the state we are now. We're not leaving that room until we're a fully functioning team."
ult.cyclopsbannerVI.bmp

"Good. The rest of you come with me. We're heading to Russia as soon as Jean gets the coordinates from Cerebro."

"About bloody time! Been itching for some action! Although it's going to suck working alongside you X-Gits..." Toad chimed in as they passed by me and over to Gateway.

As soon as the rest of the team headed over to Gateway to get prepped for the mission, I tried to contact Jean telepathically to see if she's had any luck locating either Pete OR Xavier...

<Any luck yet, Jean?>

<Not yet, honey, but I'm trying... No, wait! I've found Piotr's coordinates!>

<Good. Send them to Gateway so he can port us there. In the meantime, keep trying to find the Professor...>

<Okay, honey. I will... I love you.>

<I love you too, Jean.>

After she sent the coodinates to Gateway's mind, he had another portal ready for us.

"Okay team, let's move..."

* * *​

Khankala, Russia...

The light was bright, but in seconds we found ourselves in rural Russia. It was indeed snowy here, and cold, but our uniforms kept us well insluated. But taking in our surroundings isn't getting Colossus found, so it's time we get to work.

Shadowcat, Havok, Toad, Gambit, Hellion and Mimic... I need a telepath though to do a telepathic sweep though... Maybe Mimic absorbed a telepath's power? Better check...

"Mimic, I need you to tell me who you have in your powerset..."

"Right now I've got Mags' magnetism, Wolverine's claws and healing from when I saw him at the Triskelion during the Asteroid M fiasco, telepathy from the Stepford chicks, and I managed to swipe the elf's teleporting and the burnt dude's fire powers from the meeting."

"Good. I need you to use the telepathy you absorbed from the Stepford's to locate Piotr Rasputin or Jean-Paul Beaubier..."

"Jean-Paul's here?"

"Yes, Alex. Emma told me that he left with Colossus here to Khankala..."

"So that's where he went..."

"Right... I think I've got Colossus. He's... oh, crap..."

"What? Where is he?" Kitty asked him.

"He's unconscious near a barn not to far away from here, but there's smoke and fire everywhere, like there was a bomb or something..."

"Damnit. We need to get there ASAP!"

I turned around to figure out who could be the most useful in getting us there fast, and I turned to Hellion. He's telekinetic, so that could work...

"Hellion! Do you think you can use your telekenesis to fly us all there?"

ult.cyclopsbannerVI.bmp

"Good. The rest of you come with me. We're heading to Russia as soon as Jean gets the coordinates from Cerebro."

"About bloody time! Been itching for some action! Although it's going to suck working alongside you X-Gits..." Toad chimed in as they passed by me and over to Gateway.

As soon as the rest of the team headed over to Gateway to get prepped for the mission, I tried to contact Jean telepathically to see if she's had any luck locating either Pete OR Xavier...

<Any luck yet, Jean?>

<Not yet, honey, but I'm trying... No, wait! I've found Piotr's coordinates!>

<Good. Send them to Gateway so he can port us there. In the meantime, keep trying to find the Professor...>

<Okay, honey. I will... I love you.>

<I love you too, Jean.>

After she sent the coodinates to Gateway's mind, he had another portal ready for us.

"Okay team, let's move..."

* * *​

Khankala, Russia...

The light was bright, but in seconds we found ourselves in rural Russia. It was indeed snowy here, and cold, but our uniforms kept us well insluated. But taking in our surroundings isn't getting Colossus found, so it's time we get to work.

Shadowcat, Havok, Toad, Gambit, Hellion and Mimic... I need a telepath though to do a telepathic sweep though... Maybe Mimic absorbed a telepath's power? Better check...

"Mimic, I need you to tell me who you have in your powerset..."

"Right now I've got Mags' magnetism, Wolverine's claws and healing from when I saw him at the Triskelion during the Asteroid M fiasco, telepathy from the Stepford chicks, and I managed to swipe the elf's teleporting and the burnt dude's fire powers from the meeting."

"Good. I need you to use the telepathy you absorbed from the Stepford's to locate Piotr Rasputin or Jean-Paul Beaubier..."

"Jean-Paul's here?"

"Yes, Alex. Emma told me that he left with Colossus here to Khankala..."

"So that's where he went..."

"Right... I think I've got Colossus. He's... oh, crap..."

"What? Where is he?" Kitty asked him.

"He's unconscious near a barn not to far away from here, but there's smoke and fire everywhere, like there was a bomb or something..."

"Damnit. We need to get there ASAP!"

I turned around to figure out who could be the most useful in getting us there fast, and I turned to Hellion. He's telekinetic, so that could work...

"Hellion! Do you think you can use your telekenesis to fly us all there?"
ulthellionbannerVI.jpg

I nod quickly and raise my arms.

"Try not to move too much....."

The green aura envelops me as I raise into the air. Similar green auras surround the others and bring them up to my level.

"Now hold on!"

I don't wait for a response as we speed off toward the large pillar of smoke that slowly rises into the sky.

ult.ricochetbannerVI.bmp

Moments ago...

Just my luck right? As I finished up loading Jonah's new webpages and site maintenance, I noticed everyone in Jonah's office looking at the television. I didn't even look, but I listened to it from the other room.

"This is Sarah Dugan of News 1, reporting from downtown Manhattan where Spider-Man has just engaged the savage creature known as the Lizard in combat. Things look like they're getting fierce as the two--"

Spider-Man? Now's my chance! I better hurry up and get over there before Fury does...

"I finished up the website, Mr. Jameson!" I yelled out to him as I grabbed my bag and headed out the door.

"Parker, wait!"

Sorry, JJ, but it'll have to wait... I've got a Spider-Man to catch.

* * *​

Now...

After getting the drop on Jameson at the Bugle, I found myself jumping and leaping as fast and far as I could to where the Lizard and the faux Spidey were duking it out, in full Ricochet mode. This was my chance to finally take out the fake before he gets away again and I find Fury on my tail.

There! There he is swinging away! Gotta catch him...

With one strong leap I managed to reach where he was swinging, and I tossed one of my Rico-disks to cut his webline before he could finish his arc...

"Hey you!"

I had landed right in front of where the double was supposed to crash, but he managed to recover and land gently, as if he had a Spider-sense to know I was coming...

"I'd like to have a word..."
UltimateSpider-ManLogo.gif

Queens, New York

The doppelganger stared at Spider-Man for a few moments. He wasn't angry, annoyed, or even attitudinal. He just stared, gazing at the original with his dull, vacant lenses.

"I don't have time for you." Spider-Man said, brushing past Ricochet.

"Hey don't take your sexual frustration out on the drifter," Clint complained.
Ultimate Iron Man

Stark glared at the guy next to him. He was out cold, cold. His eyes were rolled back in his head, and the color of his veins grew deeper and bluer. The color was a navy, almost royal, blue.

"Guys." Stark spoke up, "I think we need to take this guy to the hospital..."

originbanner.jpg

Logan felt the snap of his knee rebuilding itself and the holes in his back heal over, within seconds he was on his feet again and barging into the uniformed man, spit flying from his mouth as he howled in rage.

"You just made the last mistake of you're life bub."
He growled, sending fists flying at the trained soldier with suprising finesse for someone who appeared to be nothing more than a brawler.

"You're right." The man said through gritted teeth as he delivered a swift knee at Logan's groin. Logan grimaced and saw the pistol in the man's hand lodge itself under his chin. "That was my last mistake."

BLAM
Deadpoollogo.jpg

Ultimate Origins - Part V

Wilson pulled a syringe out of his jacket and pulled the plastic cap over the needle with his teeth. He buried it into the mutant's jugular and pushed the entire plunger down, emptying the contents of the vial into the man's body. His opponent's body quickly went limp. He threw his arm around Logan's back, and heaved him over his own shoulders, trudging out into the snow. He threw Logan into the back seat of his government-issue car as the snow continued to fall. He pulled out a pair of handcuffs and restrained the mutant in the backseat, cuffing his right ankle to his left wrist, and his right wrist to his left ankle, forming an "X."

He slammed the doors to the car shut, got into the driver's seat and drove down the road at an average pace. It was the sort of road tha--

BORING! Fast forward...

Wilson pointed to the passenger door of the car as he stood outside of the Weapon X facility. The soldiers in front of him handed him an envelope.

"You've done your country proud, Wilson. Here are the funds we discussed earlier."

"He's in the back seat." Wilson muttered absentmindedly, counting his cash "Basically hog-tied."

"Excellent." The other soldier said "We'll take it from here."

Wilson nodded and simply turned his back, ignoring the mutant he had just captured as the beast was being dragged to the facility. One of the most startling things was that Wade Wilson didn't so much as care as what happened to Logan. He just kept going, whistling a tune as he went.

ulttarantulabannerVI.jpg

Minutes slowly pass as Forge, Cloak, and Dagger watch the house.

"Shouldn't we you know go help him?"

Tandy nods and looks over to Forge concern etched on her face.

[BLACKOUT]"Yeah shouldn't our guy have come out by now?"[/BLACKOUT]

Forge shrugs not taking his eyes off the house.

"Anton will let us know if he needs us."

[BLACKOUT]"How?"[/BLACKOUT]

Forge cracks a grin.

"I'm guessing in the form of a high-pitched scream."

Tandy glares at Forge as two figures emerge from the house.

"There they are now."

Anton glares at a now human Ted Altman as he carries a suitcase.

"Ok my confusion over why I'm carrying your suitcase aside why the hell do you need do much fricken crap?"

Ted grins and shrugs.

"I go through alot of clothes."

Anton pushes the suitcase into Ted's hand with an annoyed sigh. Anton spots the large grin on Forge's face.

"Shut up."

"I didn't say anything."

"Just shut up anyway."

Anton looks over his team.

"Team this is Ted, Ted this is the team."

"Hey."

Forge lowers his voice as Ted talks to Ty and Tandy.

"So onward to the last candidate?"

Anton shakes his head.

"No you guys are heading back to the apartment. I'll get Ty to teleport me out to Westchester."

Forge stares at Anton in complete confusion.

"You sure this is a smart move?"

"Dude this is one person with a bow and arrow. No powers to speak of. I'm sure I can handle it. Besides your the one thats gonna have to figure out how we're all gonna fit into the apartment."

Ten minutes later......

Anton lets out a girlish scream as he just barely dodges a trio of arrows.

"Ok I admit I may have been wrong on this one."
ulttarantulabannerVI.jpg

I don't get any chance to recover as another batch of arrows are launched at my head.

"Waa!!"

I quickly limbo under the arrows and lunge at the offending archer.

"Enough with the arrows to the head!"

I manage to yank the bow out of her hand and snap it half as I land behind the archer.

"Alright now lets....."

My spider sense goes off as I turn around and come face to arrow with a crossbow pointed right to my head.

"Oy....."

Queens, New York

The doppelganger stared at Spider-Man for a few moments. He wasn't angry, annoyed, or even attitudinal. He just stared, gazing at the original with his dull, vacant lenses.

"I don't have time for you." Spider-Man said, brushing past Ricochet.
ult.ricochetbannerVI.bmp

Wow. This guy's even got the voice down. He sounds just like me... Well not like me when I sound like Ricochet, but regular me... like Spider-Man.

I stood my ground and tossed another disk, but this time at the back of his head.

"Then make time..."

Ultimate Iron Man

Stark glared at the guy next to him. He was out cold, cold. His eyes were rolled back in his head, and the color of his veins grew deeper and bluer. The color was a navy, almost royal, blue.​

"Guys." Stark spoke up, "I think we need to take this guy to the hospital..."
ult.capbannerVI.bmp

Finally coming out of my slight daydreaming that I experienced when Clint and Tony bickered incessantly, I noticed that the passenger didn't look too well, and that Tony was right. He needs medical attention.

Instinctively I turned around in my seat and placed my fingers on his neck, feeling for a pulse. It was faint. He could be dying...

"Clint, step on it. He's fading..."

ult.ricochetbannerVI.bmp

Wow. This guy's even got the voice down. He sounds just like me... Well not like me when I sound like Ricochet, but regular me... like Spider-Man.

I stood my ground and tossed another disk, but this time at the back of his head.

"Then make time..."

Queens, New York

ClankThe disk fell unceremoniously to the concrete rooftop. Spider-Man picked up silently and bent it in half, barely noticing.

"You got some kind of point you want to prove?" The impostor hissed.

Queens, New York

ClankThe disk fell unceremoniously to the concrete rooftop. Spider-Man picked up silently and bent it in half, barely noticing.

"You got some kind of point you want to prove?" The impostor hissed.
ult.ricochetbannerVI.bmp

This guy must be on some SERIOUS steroids... No one with the strength of a normal, un-genetically enhanced human could be strong enough to bend those discs. I made them too thick to break by a person with normal everyday strength... especially not someone of my size and height like this guy. He must have enhanced himself somehow. Is he another failed super-soldier project experiment? Did he subject himself to any OZ?

"Yeah. I am. Stop pretending to be Spider-Man... You're not."

ult.ricochetbannerVI.bmp

This guy must be on some SERIOUS steroids... No one with the strength of a normal, un-genetically enhanced human could be strong enough to bend those discs. I made them too thick to break by a person with normal everyday strength... especially not someone of my size and height like this guy. He must have enhanced himself somehow. Is he another failed super-soldier project experiment? Did he subject himself to any OZ?

"Yeah. I am. Stop pretending to be Spider-Man... You're not."

Queens, New York

The impostor blinked. Thinking for a moment. And, then, it hit him.

Oh, I was hoping this day would come.

He stuck a finger out over the city.

"They think I am." He noted.

He pointed at the police cars.

"They think I am."

He tilted his head as he looked at Ricochet.

"But you?" Spider-Man snarled, "You know I'm not."

"How've you been, Peter?" He growled, thrusting the hero's alter-ego through his lips like something he needed to expel for his health.

Last edited:

Queens, New York

The impostor blinked. Thinking for a moment. And, then, it hit him.

Oh, I was hoping this day would come.

He stuck a finger out over the city.

"They think I am." He noted.

He pointed at the police cars.

"They think I am."

He tilted his head as he looked at Ricochet.

"But you?" Spider-Man snarled, "You know I'm not."

"How've you been, Peter?" He growled, thrusting the hero's alter-ego through his lips like something he needed to expel for his health.
ult.ricochetbannerVI.bmp

Wait, how did he... Who IS this guy? Man, it seems like ALL the villains know who I am these days! Like it's some kind of requirement on the villain SATs. I can only imagine how that would go...

Question one: Who is Spider-Man?

Duh... Peter Parker!

"Ahem... Good guess. At least now I can stop talking like I have gravel in my windpipe... but now that you know who I am, that begs the question: Who are YOU?"

ult.ricochetbannerVI.bmp

Wait, how did he... Who IS this guy? Man, it seems like ALL the villains know who I am these days! Like it's some kind of requirement on the villain SATs. I can only imagine how that would go...

Question one: Who is Spider-Man?

Duh... Peter Parker!

"Ahem... Good guess. At least now I can stop talking like I have gravel in my windpipe... but now that you know who I am, that begs the question: Who are YOU?"

Queens, New York

The impostor leapt into the air.

"You know who I am."

He stuck to the wall behind him with ease.

ultimatespiderman72.jpg

"I'm Spider-Man."

Queens, New York

The impostor leapt into the air.

"You know who I am."

He stuck to the wall behind him with ease.

ultimatespiderman72.jpg

"I'm Spider-Man!"
ult.ricochetbannerVI.bmp

"I thought we already established this... You're not Spidey. Look at you, you don't even have the posture right. Try this..."

I the jumped backwards and clung to the wall behind me, doing it as flashy as possible, mocking him by doing so.

"Now that we have that out of the way, how about telling me who you really are before I sue you for copyright infringement..." I said as I pulled out three discs and had them readied in my hand. The ones that go BOOM if he keeps trying my patience....

ult.ricochetbannerVI.bmp

"I thought we already established this... You're not Spidey. Look at you, you don't even have the posture right. Try this..."

I the jumped backwards and clung to the wall behind me, doing it as flashy as possible, mocking him by doing so.

"Now that we have that out of the way, how about telling me who you really are before I sue you for copyright infringement..." I said as I pulled out three discs and had them readied in my hand. The ones that go BOOM if he keeps trying my patience....

Queens, New York

Ricochet mounted the wall. Just as Spider-Man hoped he would.

"As much as I'd love to stay and chat..." He muttered, taking aim. "There are so many crimes out there, just waiting to be pummeled out of existence."

Thwip!

Spidey8-1.jpg

"Later, hero." He muttered cynically, swinging away.

Queens, New York

Ricochet mounted the wall. Just as Spider-Man hoped he would.

"As much as I'd love to stay and chat..." He muttered, taking aim. "There are so many crimes out there, just waiting to be pummeled out of existence."

Thwip!

Spidey8-1.jpg

"Later, hero." He muttered cynically, swinging away.​
ult.ricochetbannerVI.bmp

"Awwww don't go! I thought this little meet and greet was going along pretty swimmingly..." I said as I jumped and tossed the discs at his back, watching as they exploded upon impact.

BOOM!

I then flipped and landed behind him, ready for his next move. Watching as he got up and turned around to see me, his lenses squinting in anger...

"Leaving so soon?"

ult.ricochetbannerVI.bmp

"Awwww don't go! I thought this little meet and greet was going along pretty swimmingly..." I said as I jumped and tossed the discs at his back, watching as they exploded upon impact.

BOOM!

I then flipped and landed behind him, ready for his next move. Watching as he got up and turned around to see me, his lenses squinting in anger...

"Leaving so soon?"

Queens, New York

Spider-Man rose to his feet, staring Ricochet down. He was good... but Spider-Man, the impostor, at least, was better. When the original Spider-Man would likely recoil and throw out a witticism or two, the doppelganger stepped forward and threw his fist into Ricochet's face. Hard.

His opponent flew backwards, slamming into a brick wall.

"Now." Spider-Man growled, "If you'll excuse me."

Amazing_Spider-Man_546_Hitch_Varian.jpg

And, like that, he took to the rooftops once again, unsure of whether or not Peter Parker would come chasing after him. In his gut, he really didn't care.

He was Spider-Man, now. And what did Spider-Man have to worry about?

Queens, New York

Spider-Man rose to his feet, staring Ricochet down. He was good... but Spider-Man, the impostor, at least, was better. When the original Spider-Man would likely recoil and throw out a witticism or two, the doppelganger stepped forward and threw his fist into Ricochet's face. Hard.

His opponent flew backwards, slamming into a brick wall.

"Now." Spider-Man growled, "If you'll excuse me."

Amazing_Spider-Man_546_Hitch_Varian.jpg

And, like that, he took to the rooftops once again, unsure of whether or not Peter Parker would come chasing after him. In his gut, he really didn't care.

He was Spider-Man, now. And what did Spider-Man have to worry about?
ult.ricochetbannerVI.bmp

"Sonuva... Man, that hurt." I said rubbing my jaw and my back. But as I looked up, the Spider-Man phony was swinging away...

"HEY! Get back here!" I said jumping off the wall and running after him. But he managed to find cover in the cityscape. I had to follow.

Running in the direction I spotted him last, I leapt up onto the building in front of me, trying to get a better view.

"There you are..." I said as I relocated him nearby. Have to catch up or I'll lose him. But I'm running out of discs. I'll have to conserve them for later. Besides a more hands on approach to this fight mght be the best plan. So I better close the gap...

With one more powerful jump I closed the distance between me and the faker, and I tackled him from behind in mid-air.

"Bonzai!" I yelled as we tumbled to the busy road below, cars swerving as we landed to avoid running us over.

"TOUCHDOOOOWWNN!!"

ult.ricochetbannerVI.bmp

"Sonuva... Man, that hurt." I said rubbing my jaw and my back. But as I looked up, the Spider-Man phony was swinging away...

"HEY! Get back here!" I said jumping off the wall and running after him. But he managed to find cover in the cityscape. I had to follow.

Running in the direction I spotted him last, I leapt up onto the building in front of me, trying to get a better view.

"There you are..." I said as I relocated him nearby. Have to catch up or I'll lose him. But I'm running out of discs. I'll have to conserve them for later. Besides a more hands on approach to this fight mght be the best plan. So I better close the gap...

With one more powerful jump I closed the distance between me and the faker, and I tackled him from behind in mid-air.

"Bonzai!" I yelled as we tumbled to the busy road below, cars swerving as we landed to avoid running us over.

"TOUCHDOOOOWWNN!!"

Queens, New York

Ricochet was, at this point, more of a nuisance than a threat. Dozens of New Yorkers watched in awe as the two superhumans collided with the pavement. Some of the bystanders even snapped pictures on their cellular phones to sell to the local tabloids or papers later for a quick buck. Traffic came to a halt which meant that, undoubtedly, the police would be on the scene soon enough, hoping to restore the flowing lifeblood of New York's heavily crowded streets.

The pair didn't have much time.

Spider-Man got to his feet quickly, and heaved Ricochet up. Before the blue-and-white clad hero could react, Spider-Man gripped him and slammed his head into a nearby taxi cab's hood. The sound of bone hitting steel echoed along the street.

Wee-ooo Wee-ooo Wee-ooo Wee-ooo

Spidey9-4.jpg

Spider-Man's head snapped up. The folks around them, he thought, were about to get quite a show. After all, if the police, Spider-Man, and a second superhuman were involved then, surely, S.H.I.E.L.D. would show up at some point and, really, who wouldn't want to see a hellicarrier?

Queens, New York

Ricochet was, at this point, more of a nuisance than a threat. Dozens of New Yorkers watched in awe as the two superhumans collided with the pavement. Some of the bystanders even snapped pictures on their cellular phones to sell to the local tabloids or papers later for a quick buck. Traffic came to a halt which meant that, undoubtedly, the police would be on the scene soon enough, hoping to restore the flowing lifeblood of New York's heavily crowded streets.

The pair didn't have much time.

Spider-Man got to his feet quickly, and heaved Ricochet up. Before the blue-and-white clad hero could react, Spider-Man gripped him and slammed his head into a nearby taxi cab's hood. The sound of bone hitting steel echoed along the street.

Wee-ooo Wee-ooo Wee-ooo Wee-ooo

Spidey9-4.jpg

Spider-Man's head snapped up. The folks around them, he thought, were about to get quite a show. After all, if the police, Spider-Man, and a second superhuman were involved then, surely, S.H.I.E.L.D. would show up at some point and, really, who wouldn't want to see a hellicarrier?​
ult.ricochetbannerVI.bmp

Okay... Now I'm getting angry. This is the second hit he's got on me, and I haven't got any really good shots in... At least not yet.

I placed my hands on the hood and pushed against it to get myself up, turning to the Spider-deuce.

"Nice... But if you're going to be Spider-Man, try an uppercut to the chin. Like SO!"

I did just that. An uppercut so hard that he went straight into the air before his body U-turned before falling, to which I followed up with a spin-kick that sent him careening back into an approaching police cruiser's windshield before he touched the ground. It was quite the funny sight...

"There. Two for two, pal..."

Finally coming out of my slight daydreaming that I experienced when Clint and Tony bickered incessantly, I noticed that the passenger didn't look too well, and that Tony was right. He needs medical attention.

Instinctively I turned around in my seat and placed my fingers on his neck, feeling for a pulse. It was faint. He could be dying...

"Clint, step on it. He's fading..."

Barton rolled his eyes, and took a hard left, heading towards the nearest hospital.

"Next time pick up a healthy drifter," he muttered.

ulttarantulabannerVI.jpg

I don't get any chance to recover as another batch of arrows are launched at my head.

"Waa!!"

I quickly limbo under the arrows and lunge at the offending archer.

"Enough with the arrows to the head!"

I manage to yank the bow out of her hand and snap it half as I land behind the archer.

"Alright now lets....."

My spider sense goes off as I turn around and come face to arrow with a crossbow pointed right to my head.

"Oy....."
ulttarantulabannerVI.jpg

The minutes tick agonizingly slow as I stare down the crossbow. My body literally vibrating as it awaits the slightest tingle of spider sense.

Ok Anton time to put that genius brain to work cause this situation isn't getting any better. Now in those senseless comics the hero would be able to swipe the gun (or in this case crossbow) out of the way and take out the villain in one punch. But this chick, this Kate Bishop, is fast. surprisingly fast for a normal person. I doubt I would have enough time to move before the crossbow turns me into a gorgeous Nick Fury lookalike...

As I was busy with my whole inner monologue Kate does the one thing that I didn't expect. She lowered the crossbow and.......laugh.

Alright I give where the hell is that Kutcher *****e gonna pop out at? That way I'll know where to start swinging.

Kate flciks a switch on the side of the bow and it starts to fold up, compacting itself until is what skinny enough to fit into the gun holster on her hip.

"I'm impressed. Nobodies been able to get this close before. Let alone break a bow. By the way you owe me two grand. Those bows aren't cheap."

For the first time in my short second life I had nothing to say. Just a second ago this hottie was gonna shish kabob my head and now shes relaxed and cracking jokes like nothings wrong. I can't believe I'm gonna say this but I miss Osborn. I get control of myself and focus on Kate who is picking up the shattered bow at my feet.

"Sorry I left my wad of cash at home."

She ignores my comment and starts to head back to the large house that sits before us. I was so busy dodging arrows that I didn't realize where in Westchester I was.

"Whoa the X-mansion isn't far from here."

Kate lets out a laugh but she doesn't break stride.

"The X-men's place? Yeah its about twenty minutes that way."

She jerks her head to the west as I follow her.

"So what bring the recently deceased Tarantula to my neck of the woods?"

I stop in my tracks as she enters the house. After noticing that I wasn't following she stopped aswell.

"You knew I was dead?"

"Ofcourse Jameson got on all the news stations preaching about how 'we lost a true hero and that all these would-be vigilantes should follow his example!'."

I was stunned. I heard Kitty say something about Jameson doing some memorial in the Bugle but I didn't know about the new stations.

"Not to mention that I like keeping tabs on all of the Big Apple's heroes sense I left SHIELD. I guess you can call it an unhealthy hobby."

She turns from me and heads deeper into the mansion forcing me to finally follow. Now I have never been to the X-mansion personally but I still have memories of Peter's visits so I have a good idea how big the place was. This place sadly puts them to shame. I finally catch sight of Kate again as I find her in a huge room that could only be described as an armory. I mean the amount of weapons in this room would cause the Punisher to need to clean out his shorts.

"Whoa. Is this all yours?"

"Nah all the "manhood enhancers" all belonged to my dad. My weaponry is over here."

I follow my gaze to a small corner of the room that was filled with dozens of various bows, crossbows, and various swords & blades.

"Wow....."

My attention wanders over to a certain blade that looks strangely.....alien.

"Cool."

Kate grins at my reaction as she places the shattered bow on a small counter.

"So are you gonna tell me why your all the way out here? I doubt it was for that little bit of "fun" outside."

"Oh uh yeah.....I...uh I mean we kinda need your help."

She finally turns away from her bow.

"I'm listening......"

A few minutes pass as I explaine the situation.

"Wow you actually got Teddy to join in on this! He vowed never to do anything for SHIELD again."

I shrug slightly and look away from her purple eyes.

"Well that really wasn't me. That was Fury's doing."

He face darkens as she turns back to her bow.

"Ah..."

Silence settles on the room.

"So when are we leaving?"

I jerk my head up and gaze in surprise at Kate.

"You still want to help?!"

She lets out a laugh.

"Hey if Teddys' there I'm there. He's like a brother to me. Just let me slip into something more comfortable."

She quietly slips into a small room tucked away on the far side of the armory room.

Minutes pass and I finally look over to the room.

"So uh.....you got a hero name?"

"I've kicked around some ideas in the past. She-Hawkeye, She-Hawk, The Archeress, Bow Master."

Wow and I thought my name was bad.

"So what are you calling yourself now?"

125592-155274-kate-bishop_super.jpg

"Call me Huntress."

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"