The "Ultimate Marvel" RPG Season III

zdandmanjc8.jpg

FLINT MARKO: THE SANDMAN
Season III - Part 45

Flint blasts down the hall, a pulsating cloud of sand. As he comes to the room at the end, he sees Hammerhead filling a briefcase with money.

"Let me guess... you think you're just gonna buy a plane ticket and skip town?"

Hammerhead, startled by the sound of Flint's voice, spins around quickly and fires a bullet into Flint's head. Flint absorbs the bullet and spits it into his hand. He tosses it down at Hammerhead's feet.

"What next? You're gonna hit me with your big swollen head? Oooooh! I'm shaking..."

Flint takes a couple of steps towards Hammerhead.

"Hey! Just... just hang on a sec! Why waste your time comin' after me, when you could be in the other room readin' that file? Don't you wanna know what's inside that thing?"

"Yes. I do." Flint replied as he continued to move forward. "And I will find out what's inside... once I'm finished ripping the guts out of your stomach."

As Flint continued to move forward, Hammerhead raised his gun and fired once more. The bullet missed, whistling by Flint's head.

"What's the matter? Can't shoot straight anymore? All that trembling ruining your aim?"

Hammerhead picked up his briefcase and moved towards the exit.

"Actually, freak... my aim's just fine."

As Flint closed in on his enemy, a soft moaning became audible from behind him. Flint turned around and saw Sharon Carter slumping to the floor. Blood soaked her shirt in the chest area.

"Sharon?"

Flint glided over as a cloud of sand and solidified just in time to catch Sharon in his arms before she collapsed.

"Guess that's two of your dames I wiped out. Better luck next time, eh?"

Hammerhead dissapeared down the hall, his footsteps moving farther away as Flint held Sharon close to his body.

gr2dy5.png

Mysterio laid curled up in a floor crying.

"Hehe. Maybe that'll change your tone."

The rider kicks in the heavy door and walks up the stair well to where Flint and Hammerhead had run off.

"Johnny!"

From the shadows, Black Cat emerges.

"Howdy darling. Miss me?"

She winks and smiles.

"You know it. You know, I never thanked you for saving me against Blackheart."

"And how would you do that?"

She just chuckles and nods.

"You get out of this, you'll find out."

The two of them walk down the hallway, coming to an open door.

"Sandy! You in here?"

Ghost Rider walks through the doorway and stops in his tracks. Flint is holding Sharon Carter in his arms. Blood was on her shirt.

"Oh my god! Forge get up here! Sharon's down!"

The Hobgoblin pounded the ground, sending a wave of concrete flying out in all directions. Captain America leapt up, spinning in the air and coming down head first, extending his arms and hitting with his shield, pushing forward again to avoid the rest of the blast.

Spider-Man managed to snag another street light and use the elasticity of his web to pull himself up and flying toward Harry. He hit his best friend hard in the stomach, flipping up over his head and onto his back, webbing up the Goblin's eyes in midattack. He latched on hard to Hobgoblin's neck, producing a webline lasso.

"This is my fight, Cap. I have to finish this on my own. Mary Jane, she needs your help now. My...friends need your help finding her."

zdandmanjc8.jpg

Season III - Part 45

Flint blasts down the hall, a pulsating cloud of sand. As he comes to the room at the end, he sees Hammerhead filling a briefcase with money.

"Let me guess... you think you're just gonna buy a plane ticket and skip town?"

Hammerhead, startled by the sound of Flint's voice, spins around quickly and fires a bullet into Flint's head. Flint absorbs the bullet and spits it into his hand. He tosses it down at Hammerhead's feet.

"What next? You're gonna hit me with your big swollen head? Oooooh! I'm shaking..."

Flint takes a couple of steps towards Hammerhead.

"Hey! Just... just hang on a sec! Why waste your time comin' after me, when you could be in the other room readin' that file? Don't you wanna know what's inside that thing?"

"Yes. I do." Flint replied as he continued to move forward. "And I will find out what's inside... once I'm finished ripping the guts out of your stomach."

As Flint continued to move forward, Hammerhead raised his gun and fired once more. The bullet missed, whistling by Flint's head.

"What's the matter? Can't shoot straight anymore? All that trembling ruining your aim?"

Hammerhead picked up his briefcase and moved towards the exit.

"Actually, freak... my aim's just fine."

As Flint closed in on his enemy, a soft moaning became audible from behind him. Flint turned around and saw Sharon Carter slumping to the floor. Blood soaked her shirt in the chest area.

"Sharon?"

Flint glided over as a cloud of sand and solidified just in time to catch Sharon in his arms before she collapsed.

"Guess that's two of your dames I wiped out. Better luck next time, eh?"

Hammerhead dissapeared down the hall, his footsteps moving farther away as Flint held Sharon close to his body.

HAMMERHEAD

The sweet sound of him choking up and crying like a dame almost brings a tear to my eye. Such a wonderful thing, the sadness of others.

The cold steel door slams behind me, aint airtight, but should buy me some time. The entire basement of this place is packed with good ol’ fashioned explosives. Gonna take these freaks out, even if this building’ gotta go wid ‘em.

I take out the handset and prime it, grasp it in my hand and press the activation. If I drop this baby, they all go boom, configured to my grip alone. No way these freaks messin’ with me now.

Footsteps sound, they’re getting closer, goddamn freaks. Banging on the steel door, pounding, they’re getting’ in soon, and they’re pissed. Just the way I want these no good waste of space pricks!

Steaming and melting, the metal buckles and spews forth in a silver river.

“C’mon on then, show me what you *****es have got…”

The Hobgoblin pounded the ground, sending a wave of concrete flying out in all directions. Captain America leapt up, spinning in the air and coming down head first, extending his arms and hitting with his shield, pushing forward again to avoid the rest of the blast.

Spider-Man managed to snag another street light and use the elasticity of his web to pull himself up and flying toward Harry. He hit his best friend hard in the stomach, flipping up over his head and onto his back, webbing up the Goblin's eyes in midattack. He latched on hard to Hobgoblin's neck, producing a webline lasso.

"This is my fight, Cap. I have to finish this on my own. Mary Jane, she needs your help now. My...friends need your help finding her."
Tarantula.jpg

I dodge several SHEILD agents and look over at Pete.

"Im your friend? Im touched I truely am."

NIGHTCRAWLER

"But.....we watched her die....Das ist nicht........how?"

Puzzlement filled the yellow eyes of this young mutant, to have cried over a lost one so much, only have them return? With everything that was happening later, not to mention the conflicts in his own mind, Kurt was most definately not ready for this.

MADELYNEPRYOR.jpg

It had been a long day. She could tell she was going to have to tell this story a hundred times, making sure everybody understood (or believed) that Jean had never died. "But.....we watched her die....Das ist nicht........how?"

"Kurt...I'm sorry. I know what you think you saw. That was an illusion. The Phoenix took over and created an illusion that I died."
She stopped for a moment. For some reason, Madelyne's emotions began to overtake her. "I'm sorry...I didn't mean for any of this to happen."

Madelyne stopped for a moment. She didn't understand what was happening. Up until now, she had been acting. Playing along as part of the plan. But somehow as she sat in the Med Lab wrapped in Scott's arms, a rush of feelings came over her. Feelings that she belonged here. Feelings of love for the man embracing her.

Scott turned his glance from her for only a moment, looking at Kurt, Ali, and Kitty. "Look guys, I'm going to take Jean out for some fresh air." He helped Jean up and headed toward the door. He stopped again and looked at them again. "Everyone report to the Danger Room tomorrow morning 0900 hours. Magneto has issued a threat to destroy the Triskelion next weekend, and we need to be there to help. I know alot has been going on lately, but I need you guys to be strong right now. I need you to be X-Men." With that he lead Jean out of the Med Lab.

FORGE2.jpg

"Oh no..."
Forge ran into the room to find Sandman, Black Cat, and Ghost Rider gathered around Agent Carter.

Flint shouted loudly. "Don't just stand there! He went that way!"

Forge nodded. "Right." Forge ran through the door and down the hallway, Black Cat and Ghost Rider close behind.

"Where the hell did he go?"

"Hang on." Forge flipped open his wristbound computer and switched it to close-range thermal radar. "Think you can hide from me, do you Mr. H?" A blink read behind a large steel door.

"You're quite the Mr. Handy, ain't ya, kid?"

"You have no idea." He flicked open one of his mechanical fingers, revealing a high-powered lazer steel cutter and began cutting away at the door. "Excuse me, Mr. Hammerhead? We're here to give you a demonstration on a great new vacuum."

Black Cat chuckled, cracking her knuckles and extending her claws. "It won't take long! We even brought the free set of knives!"

gr2dy5.png

"Oh no..." Forge ran into the room to find Sandman, Black Cat, and Ghost Rider gathered around Agent Carter.

Flint shouted loudly. "Don't just stand there! He went that way!"

Forge nodded. "Right." Forge ran through the door and down the hallway, Black Cat and Ghost Rider close behind.

"Where the hell did he go?"

"Hang on."
Forge flipped open his wristbound computer and switched it to close-range thermal radar. "Think you can hide from me, do you Mr. H?" A blink read behind a large steel door.

"You're quite the Mr. Handy, ain't ya, kid?"

"You have no idea."
He flicked open one of his mechanical fingers, revealing a high-powered lazer steel cutter and began cutting away at the door. "Excuse me, Mr. Hammerhead? We're here to give you a demonstration on a great new vacuum."

Black Cat chuckled, cracking her knuckles and extending her claws. "It won't take long! We even brought the free set of knives!"

While Forge and Black Cat distract Hammerhead, Ghost Rider takes his chain of hellfire and holds it at the ready.

"You goddamn freaks. You da' Thunderbolts that ***** was tryin' to protect."

Ghost Rider nods as the flames slowly burn around his skull.

"Yes, and you ****ed up big time."

The rider flicks his wrist and the chain flys through the air, wrapping around Hammerhead's neck.

"You mess with one Bolt, you mess with all of us!"

He jerks the chain and Hammerhead is pulled off his feet, flying through the air towards Ghost Rider and his two teammates.

zdandmanjc8.jpg

Season III - Part 46

Flint held Sharon's body in his arms and gently rubbed her cheek.

"Hey Sharon... Hey! Come on! Just... just hang in there, alright? It's gonna be fine. We're gonna get you outta here..."

Carter opened her eyes periodically. Her gaze was unfocused; her eyes were glazed over. Her eyelids fluttered, as though it took great effort to keep them open.

Flint noticed a SHIELD communicator dangling from Sharon's belt. He quickly snatched it and turned it on.

"Hello? Hello? I need some help here! I've got a SHIELD agent down!"

After a moment, a crackling voice replied.

"This is SHIELD Emergency Response, please state your agent number and location."

"I... I'm not an agent! I'm the Sandman! Now... I need you to get here! Sharon Carter is going to die if you don't get here, okay?"

"Alright, I'm going to need a location."

"I DON'T KNOW THE LOCATION! YOU'RE F**KING SHIELD FOR F**K SAKES, JUST GET HERE!"

Flint threw the communicator across the room and it smashed into little pieces.

"Flint..."

Sharon Carter looked into Flint's eyes. A thin braid of blood slipped between her lips and trickled down her chin.

"Yeah? I'm here, Sharon! It's okay! It's okay, you're going to come out of this!"

"Oh... I'm so glad we... we found you."

"No Sharon. This is all my fault. I shouldn't have gone after him. It's my fault you're all here. It's my fault you were shot."

"No, Flint... that's not what I... I'm so glad I found you. I'm so glad... that we met."

Flint kisses Sharon on the lips, and dispite her injuries, she kissed back. The kiss, so powerful... so natural and honest... tasted more like blood than anything else.

"You're not going to die, okay? You can't! I need you, Sharon! I love you! I need you to tell me what to do! I can't do this without you! I can't!"

But Sharon Carter didn't answer. Her eyes closed and they didn't open again. Her breathing slowed...

"Sharon? SHARON? NO! You... you can't... Sharon! HEY!"

Flint shook and nudged the wounded agent, but she didn't respond to the contact in any way. Flint gently laid her down, kissed her forehead, and left the room. He headed in the same direction his teammates had. He headed towards Hammerhead.

xelectrokq5.jpg

MAX DILLON: ELECTRO
Season III - Part 25

Max sat outside in the grass, summoning lightning bolts that fried birds out of the sky. He was pleased with his accuracy.

"So you're not a mutant then?"

Max turned around and saw the Chameleon storming towards him.

"What?"

"You're not a mutant! Madrox told me! He said you're here to repay your debts! He said you've killed dozens of mutants! Hundreds, maybe!"

Max got up and adopted a defensive posture.

"Hey, wait a second! I'm... I'm a mutant! I am, okay? Magneto told me! I just... I didn't always know it..."

"So it's true then! You killed mutants! You hunted 'em down and killed 'em, just like the people who killed my mentor back in Russia!"

"I didn't... Yeah, okay! I killed mutants before! I killed lots of people! But I didn't know that I was one of you!"

"You're not." Dmitri said coldly. "And you're not my friend either."

Dmitri walked away and left Max standing alone as a soft rain began to fall.

"Boy... that sucks, don't it?"

Sabretooth stepped out of the bushes and ran his hand through his shaggy blond hair.

"I told you not to follow me any more! What is wrong with you?"

"Look Sparky, I might be the only friend you've got left in this place, so why don't ya just--"

Max fired a bolt of electricity at Sabretooth. The mutant dodged the bolt. The tree behind him was struck and crashed to the ground with a loud thud.

"Don't come near me again. I'll kill you... I swear I'll kill you."

Sabretooth called out to Max, who had began to walk away.

"You just lost yer friend, so I'll forgive ya. But just this once. I'm on yer side, little man. I know you're gettin' suspicious. I would be too."

"Oh, what do you know? Why are you always putting these ideas in my head?"

"'Cause I need friends just as bad as you do. And I got a feelin' that we both got reasons to be upset."

"Why should I be upset?"

"Gee, I don't know. Maybe because the last couple months of yer life have been spent fightin' ta stay alive. You wake up one morning and find out yer a mutant, and all of a sudden yer fallin' apart. Evil lawyers are kidnappin' ya out of the blue, yer friend tells ya it was Magneto who put ya there and right away he gets moved--"

"He didn't say that!"

"Didn't he?"

Max tries to remember Dmitri's exact words, but he cannot.

"What the hell do you want?" Max shouts.

"I once acquired some rings for Magneto. I am still waiting for my reward..."

Max looked puzzled.

"What? I don't--"

"Magneto hands out alot of promises, but most of 'em are empty. His subjects... all these mutants... are nothing but pawns. He uses them and their 'gifts' to achieve his own goals. Do you really believe he'd think twice about usin' a mutant-killin' freak like yerself in the same way?"

Max didn't respond.

"Just keep yer eyes open. Ya might stay alive longer..."

gr2dy5.png

While Forge and Black Cat distract Hammerhead, Ghost Rider takes his chain of hellfire and holds it at the ready.

"You goddamn freaks. You da' Thunderbolts that ***** was tryin' to protect."

Ghost Rider nods as the flames slowly burn around his skull.

"Yes, and you ****ed up big time."

The rider flicks his wrist and the chain flys through the air, wrapping around Hammerhead's neck.

"You mess with one Bolt, you mess with all of us!"

He jerks the chain and Hammerhead is pulled off his feet, flying through the air towards Ghost Rider and his two teammates.

blackcatbanner.jpg

The huge weight of Hammerhead bears down upon them, wrapped up in the fiery chain like a present.

As Ghost Rider pulls Hammerhead toward them, Black Cat swings one elegant, leather clad leg in a roundhouse kick that connects squarely with his bulky skull. Her pointed boot smashes into his face with a satisfying squish, spittle and blood splattering on the ground.

It stops his flight and sends him crashing to the ground, still tangled in heavy chains. She sets her hands on her hips and grins at Ghost Rider.

"Now that is ****ing teamwork."

colossusix2.jpg

PIOTR RASPUTIN: COLOSSUS
Season III - Part 15

As he waited in a unexpectedly drab office, Piotr felt bad for the things he'd said to Henry McCoy. Out of all the X-Men, Beast had always been one of Piotr's favorites. And now...

"Alright Tin-Man, make this fast. I've got places to be..."

The rough voice belonged to Corporal Dugan, who had just entered the office. His office.

"Well sir, I... uh, we spoke on the phone earlier and--"

"Yes, that's right. We did speak on the phone. And as I recall, I specifically told you not to come down here..."

Piotr blushed and swallowed hard.

"Yes I... I know that sir, but I just--"

"Come on, kid. You tried to come here as part of a tour group? Did you really think SHIELD would let just anyone visit the Triskelion? The moment someone enters the line to register for the tour, we already know every last detail about them."

Piotr was embarrassed.

"I just want to talk to him."

Dugan rolled his eyes.

"Kid, you know I can't do that. You are wasting my time, and you are really starting to irritate me."

"Please!" Piotr shouted, as his passion got the better of him. "I just want to talk to him. He killed my brother!"

"I'm very sorry to hear that, but he is a prisoner of SHIELD and until you--"

"I won't try anything, I swear! I just need to know..." Piotr trailed off and let his head fall. "I need to know why he did it. I want him to tell me why he did that to my family."

Dugan sighed in frustration and looked out the window, his back to Piotr.

"I know you'll be watching. I know you'll be listening. I know you'll kill me if I try anything."

"That's the thing, kid... I'd probably have to. If you can't control yourself, you're gonna wind up dead."

Piotr stood up and spoke in a serious tone.

"I have to take that chance."

Dugan shook his head, then rubbed his chin thoughtfully.

"Wait here." He said as he walked out of the room. "I'll be back with the proper access keys. Don't make me regret this."

Piotr smiled and straightened his tie. He had a date with destiny.

35773.jpg

I quietly head for the stairs but stop at Ali's door. She deserves to know whats going on. I tap on the door.

"Hey Ali it's me."

Silence.

I open the door and see that its empty.

Damn I wanted to tell her in person but I don't time! Its gonna take me atleast a day to get there by wing.

I grab a scrap piece of paper and quickly explain what is going on.

...again im sorry I wasent able to tell you this in person. Moira has the number but if you'd like to come heres the address.

I quickly scribble down the address.

I left plenty of cash in my hiding spot for a plane ticket. Your prob mad at me so I just wanted to say im sorry and I hope you'll come.

I love you and I'll be back.

War.

I fold the paper and tape it to her door. I stealthly run down the stairs and slip out the door.
35773.jpg

A day and a half later.....

I gently land in the large front yard of the mansion I grew up in, that is until my wings started to grow in. I quickly push those memories aside for now as I head for the front door. I reach out to knock on the door but I stop myself.

What am I doing here! This is the man who looked at me with disgust! The man who dumped me into a mansion to be taken care of by servants! And my mother didnt lift a finger to stop him! Hell for all I know she thought of doing it! This isnt my family! My true family is back in Westchester and they need me.

I turn to leave.

"Warren?"

The voice stops me in my tracks, I recognize the voice instantly cause it was the closest thing I had to a father figure I had growing up in that lonely mansion.

"Alfred?"

"Its good to see you Warren."

He smiles as he steps out onto the door step and gives me a quick hug.

"Its good to see the X-Men is taking care of you. Your wings have definatly grown sense the last time I saw them."

Alfred looks at my wings.

"But the last news footage that iv seen showed you with metal wings, what was that about?"

I quickly shake my head.

"That was just a temporary thing."

"Good, it really wasent you. Come come in, you must be starving after your plane ride."

"Um actually I flew here myself."

"Good lord you must be exhuasted!"

I shake my head as Alfred literally pushes me through the threshold.

"Not really I..."

"Nonsense! Here let me fix you something to eat, we can catch up on what you've been doing until your Father returns."

Spider-Man grabbed the horns on the top of Hobgoblin's head and flipped forward, pulling the monster face down into the asphalt parking lot. The force of the impact left a rough outline of the snarling face in the debris.

Spider-Man hit the ground feet first, pushing himself up into a near vertical leap, latching onto an old pipe potruding from a hole in the wall. He pulled a 180, letting go as his body was perpendicular to the ground, feet pointing up to the clear, starry skies. Spinning on one finger, he twisted around and grabbed back onto the pipe, swinging back down almost another 270 degrees and letting go, his momentum carrying him up in a dizzying arc. He formed a human missle with his body, landing hard on the small of Hobgoblin's lower back, causing his friend to howl in pain.

MADELYNEPRYOR.jpg

It had been a long day. She could tell she was going to have to tell this story a hundred times, making sure everybody understood (or believed) that Jean had never died. "But.....we watched her die....Das ist nicht........how?"

"Kurt...I'm sorry. I know what you think you saw. That was an illusion. The Phoenix took over and created an illusion that I died."
She stopped for a moment. For some reason, Madelyne's emotions began to overtake her. "I'm sorry...I didn't mean for any of this to happen."

Madelyne stopped for a moment. She didn't understand what was happening. Up until now, she had been acting. Playing along as part of the plan. But somehow as she sat in the Med Lab wrapped in Scott's arms, a rush of feelings came over her. Feelings that she belonged here. Feelings of love for the man embracing her.

Scott turned his glance from her for only a moment, looking at Kurt, Ali, and Kitty. "Look guys, I'm going to take Jean out for some fresh air." He helped Jean up and headed toward the door. He stopped again and looked at them again. "Everyone report to the Danger Room tomorrow morning 0900 hours. Magneto has issued a threat to destroy the Triskelion next weekend, and we need to be there to help. I know alot has been going on lately, but I need you guys to be strong right now. I need you to be X-Men." With that he lead Jean out of the Med Lab.

dazzlerbanner.jpg

Screw this, Magneto? I got better **** to do than this. I gotta find my boy.

I head up to my room, scrunch up the note in my jean pocket, stuff a couple of clean clothes into a satchel and head down to the garage.

I take on look back at the mansion before I head out on one of Wolvie's old bikes.

They're the x-men... they can look after themselves

And with that last thought I take off, a cloud of dust casting a trail behind me.

35773.jpg

A day and a half later.....

I gently land in the large front yard of the mansion I grew up in, that is until my wings started to grow in. I quickly push those memories aside for now as I head for the front door. I reach out to knock on the door but I stop myself.

What am I doing here! This is the man who looked at me with disgust! The man who dumped me into a mansion to be taken care of by servants! And my mother didnt lift a finger to stop him! Hell for all I know she thought of doing it! This isnt my family! My true family is back in Westchester and they need me.

I turn to leave.

"Warren?"

The voice stops me in my tracks, I recognize the voice instantly cause it was the closest thing I had to a father figure I had growing up in that lonely mansion.

"Alfred?"

"Its good to see you Warren."

He smiles as he steps out onto the door step and gives me a quick hug.

"Its good to see the X-Men is taking care of you. Your wings have definatly grown sense the last time I saw them."

Alfred looks at my wings.

"But the last news footage that iv seen showed you with metal wings, what was that about?"

I quickly shake my head.

"That was just a temporary thing."

"Good, it really wasent you. Come come in, you must be starving after your plane ride."

"Um actually I flew here myself."

"Good lord you must be exhuasted!"

I shake my head as Alfred literally pushes me through the threshold.

"Not really I..."

"Nonsense! Here let me fix you something to eat, we can catch up on what you've been doing until your Father returns."

I pull up outside a house... no, not a house, this place is fancier than Xavier's place!

I ditch the bike in the driveway, sling my satchel over shoulder, run my hand through my hair to shake out the road debri, and go up and knock on the door.

dazzlerbanner.jpg

Screw this, Magneto? I got better **** to do than this. I gotta find my boy.

I head up to my room, scrunch up the note in my jean pocket, stuff a couple of clean clothes into a satchel and head down to the garage.

I take on look back at the mansion before I head out on one of Wolvie's old bikes.

They're the x-men... they can look after themselves

And with that last thought I take off, a cloud of dust casting a trail behind me.

I pull up outside a house... no, not a house, this place is fancier than Xavier's place!

I ditch the bike in the driveway, sling my satchel over shoulder, run my hand through my hair to shake out the road debri, and go up and knock on the door.
35773.jpg

Alfred leads me into the kitchen and starts pulling out sandwich makings.

"So tell me about these X-men?"

I lean against the counter.

"Well what do you want to know?"

"Whats the deal with the guy with the claws?"

"Oh Logan?"

"If thats his name, I don't know how you can stand living under the same roof with him. Id be afraid to fall asleep."

I smile and shake my head.

"Noway Logan is cool, he may look tough but he's a big softy. Ofcource I would never tell that to his face."

Before Alfred can respond several knocks on the door echos through the mansion. Alfraid starts to walk outta the kitchen but I put my hand on his shoulder.

"Don't worry I got it."

I silently head to the door still trying to get used to how quiet this place is. Im still stuck in my thoughts as I open the door.

"Surprise."

"Oh my god you came!"

Without thinking I scoop up Ali in my arms.

MADELYNEPRYOR.jpg

Scott and Madelyne sat, staring at the sunset. "I still can't believe your back."

"Scott, you've said that at least fifty times now." For some reason, however, the words were like a song to her. She loved hearing them.

"I know, but...I was just scared."
Scott looked away for a moment. "I'm just glad you're okay."

The two of them kissed for a moment. Madelyne felt emotions in her swell. Emotions that made her want to abandon this entire mission. To take Scott and run away and never come back.

Scott wrapped his arm tightly around Jean's shoulders. "Listen, before everything happened...with Apocalypse I mean...I wanted to ask you something."

Madelyne looked at him. "What?"

Scott fell down to one knee, revealing a diamond ring in his hands. "I never got rid of this. I kept praying that it was all a dream."

Madelyne could feel tears welling up in her eyes. Tears of joy. "Oh, Scott..."

"I promised God that if he gave me another chance, I would do things right this time. I wouldn't be afraid to tell you how I felt. I wouldn't waste another moment."
Tears streamed down his face. "Jean Grey, will you marry me?"

Madelyne threw her arms around Scott. "Of course!" She wasn't thinking about the mission at that point. She was thinking only about her true love; Scott Summers. She was only thinking about her future life as Madelyne Summers.

Wait...Madelyne...no. Her name was Jean. Why had she been calling herself Madelyne. Everyone here knew her as Jean, and she felt like Jean.

She kissed him passionately as he slipped the ring on her finger. "I love you, Scott."

Mastermind sat about fifteen yards from where Madelyne and Scott sat, watching the whole thing. He pulled out his cellphone and dialed a quick number.

"Listen, get me Magneto on the line immediately."

A moment later, Magneto's voice was on the line. "Yes? This had better be important!"

"We've got real issues here. I think Pryor's not quite the little puppet we were hoping for."

"What do you mean? Then use your illusions, you fool! That's why I sent you down there!"

"I've been trying, sir. There's a problem. After the initial illusion when the three of them got here, I have been unsuccessful at giving out any type of illusion to Pryor. Its like there's something blocking her mind."

Silence fell over the phone.

"Are you still there, sir?"

After a moment's pause, his voice was heard once again. "Will they still be at the Triskelion?"

"As far as I can tell, sir. The team has seemed to split up alot recently, so I'm not too sure about all of the members."

Another pause preceded his response. "We'll get a small team to take care of the demolition aspect on the mansion. Just get those kids to the fight. I don't care what you do!"

"Yes sir."

blackcatbanner.jpg

The huge weight of Hammerhead bears down upon them, wrapped up in the fiery chain like a present.

As Ghost Rider pulls Hammerhead toward them, Black Cat swings one elegant, leather clad leg in a roundhouse kick that connects squarely with his bulky skull. Her pointed boot smashes into his face with a satisfying squish, spittle and blood splattering on the ground.

It stops his flight and sends him crashing to the ground, still tangled in heavy chains. She sets her hands on her hips and grins at Ghost Rider.

"Now that is ****ing teamwork."

HAMMERHEAD

The two of these freaks toss me around. Good for them, go ahead. The trigger of the bomb feeling sweaty and alost drippin', ready to slide and out hand and take all of these shmucks to hell.

"Is that the best you god damn, inbred, piece of ****, lowlife freaks can do?"

If I'm goin' down, I'm gonna make them know they're worthless freaks. Every attack they deliver brings 'em one more step closer to goin' boom!

zdandmanjc8.jpg

Season III - Part 47

Flint steps through the hole in the metal door and sees Hammerhead on his knees in front of the Thunderbolts. The gangster looks like he's been taking a beating.

"Well well... look who it is."

Hearing Hammerhead's words, the group turns and looks at Flint.

"Flint!" Forge shouts. "Sharon... is she..."

"You three can leave." Flint says without taking his eyes off Hammerhead.

"Aw, come on Sandy... I'm just gettin' warmed up!"

"Go." Flint urges in an emotionless voice. "SHIELD is on the way. Take Sharon and meet them outside."

"Flint? What happened? Is Sharon--"

"Just go!" Flint shouts. "This is my fight!"

Looking dejected, Black Cat and Ghost Rider walk out of the room, both taking note of the tears running down Flint's face.

"Flint, I... I found this."

Forge holds out the folder Hammerhead had taunted Flint with earlier. The words on the cover torment Flint...

WILLIAM BAKER
TOP SECRET
PROPERTY OF HYDRA

"I'll leave it here for you." Forge places the folder on the table and moves towards the door.

"Why don't you two just screw eachother and get it over with already?"

Furious, Flint turns one of his hands into a large spike and drives it through Hammerhead's left thigh, pinning him to the floor.

"ARRRRRGHHHHH!"

"Flint, oh my God!"

"You sick FREAK!" Hammerhead tugs at the spike with his free hand but cannot get it out.

"Flint, you don't have to do this! You don't have to be a killer anymore!"

"Yes, I do." Flint replies flatly, tears still flowing down his face.

"Better kiss yer boyfriend goodbye. This whole place is about to--"

Spotting the detonator in Hammerhead's hand, Flint reaches out and clasps his hand over Hammerhead's; ensuring that the detonator stays firmly in the gangster's grip.

"Crap! Alright, just... just hold on to that for a minute, Flint. I'll find a way to shut it down."

"No."

Forge looks at his teammate; confused.

"What? Wait, what do you--"

"Go with the others. Get as far away from here as you can."

"But... but you'll die... you'll kill him..."

"I'm pretty sure I'll survive."

Forge walks over and stands beside Flint.

"Don't do it. We're supposed to be starting over, remember? I won't let you ruin that. Sharon would want you to--"

Flint takes his spiked hand out of Hammerhead's thigh, transforms it into a large mallot, and smacks Forge. The mutant flies through the air before crashing to the ground a few feet away.

"You don't know me, kid. This is who I am." Flint refuses to look into Forge's eyes as he speaks. He can't bear to see the pained expression.

"Just get outta here. I'll give you a couple minutes before I let this place blow."

Feeling hurt and betrayed, Forge picks himself up off the ground and leaves the room.

"Y'know somethin'?" Hammerhead say.. "That was just like watchin' an episode of Will And Grace."

Flint slams his mallot-fist into Hammerhead's ribcage and savours the sound of bones breaking.

"She's dead, you know." Flint says, his voice thick with pain. "Because of that, these next few minutes are going to be extremely unpleasant."

Captain America turned to the group of clones assembled in front of him.

“You heard the men. Who here knows where the young lady is?”

-

[BLACKOUT]“So valiant, Peter. If I didn’t despise you with every fiber of my being, your efforts would be admirable. Though, I must say, they will make your death all that more satisfying.”[/BLACKOUT]

“Where do you come up with this stuff, because it’s hilariously bad, and I’m running out of cringe worthy banter, and it just makes these fights so dry and unamusiMPH…!!!”

Hobgoblin wrapped his massive hand around Spider-Man’s masked face, picking the wall crawler up and slamming him into the ground in a shower of dust and asphalt. Keeping his death grip, he flung Spider-Man upwards again, launching him into the air and over the roof of the OsCorp compound.

Spider-Man hit the ground hard and rolled down the embankment of the island factory, splashing into the murky water of the Hudson River.

Captain America turned to the group of clones assembled in front of him.

“You heard the men. Who here knows where the young lady is?”
TarantulaBanner.jpg

"With all do respect Cap'n boyscout, if we knew where MJ was she would already be safe at home!"

Untitled-1-6-2.jpg

The Scarlet Spider Chapter 65

The Clone Saga
Part XXV

"Jesus Christ!" I cry sprinting along the rooftops. I hear the thuds of dozens of boots behind me as the S.H.I.E.L.D agents chase me. I leap into an alleyway and tear off my sweatshirt and web it to a wall. I land hard on the ground and leap straight back into the air. I wrap my hand around a clothesline and spin around on it. I let go, sending myself straight into the air. I grab a pair of jeans from a windowsill and slide them on. They're a little baggy, but they'll work.

I grab a button down shirt from a clothesline and put it on. I tear my mask off and throw it into the air. I land on the ground and slip behind a dumpster, hidden by the shadows.

A slew of S.H.I.E.L.D agents sprint by me and see my mask on the dirty pavement.

"This is team Epsilon, we've lost him. I repeat, the tango is gone. We're sweeping back over the rooftops to take another pass."

I slip out from behind the dumpster. I leap back into the air and swing uptown towards the smokestack that I killed the first Carnage in. I land on a nearby building and glance left and right.

I see an old, run down costume shop on the street to my left. Proudly displayed in the window is a Spider-Man costume.

I leap downwards and glance at it.

If anyone's telling Mary Jane about this... clone saga... it'll have to be Peter.

I walk right up to the front door and jimmy the lock. It slides open with ease. I step inside the costume shop.

After a few minutes I re-emerge, flying through the door into the air and towards the smokestack.

USM_104_VARIANT.jpg

"Don't worry, MJ... I'm coming."

Deadpoolbanner.jpg

Deadpool! Chapter 36

Brick by Brick

Part X

I stand, staring at the other Deadpool for at least fifteen minutes.

Then, once again, I burst out laughing.

"Warren! Warren, you scruffy bastard!"' I shout at the shadows. "You actually sorta had me going, you lunatic piece of trash!"

The other Deadpool replies quickly and sharply.

"Warren is dead."

I pause.

"How the hell would you know that?" I ask.

"It's all very complicated." he says, stepping towards me, "But, let me put it this way. Ideas happen, I learn about the events that those ideas precipitate, and I relay that information to you."

I silently wrap my hand around the butt of my gun.
"But where do these ideas come from?"

"A guy out there." He says, pointing into the shadows. "He thinks of something, sits down at his computer and starts typing away."

I draw my gun and put it squarely between his eyes.

"Look, shortstop," I tell him. "You have exactly thirty seconds to tell me exactly what is going on here before I use your brains as floor cleaner."

He sighs. "I knew this would happen at some point..."

I look left and right, he's gone.

"Hey, snooky," I hear from behind me. "Sit down and shut up." The other Deadpool says, hitting me in the jaw with his fist.

I fall backwards into a wooden chair.

"Honestly! Honestly. Why the hell do you have to act so much like..." he pauses, "me?"

I stare at him, taking deep breaths.

"That teleporting thing..." I say. "You're a mutant?"

"No." The other Deadpool says. "Experimented on, driven to madness, you know... the same old boring song and dance. My story isn't nearly as cool as yours, though. How you were a successful military dude who just decided to turn himself into the perfect killer.

Not quite my style, but I can dig the killing part... and how utterly mad you are.

But see, there's one big way that we differ."

"Oh yeah? And how's that?" I laugh, having obviously given up.

"I've broken the fourth wall. Sure you did it symbolically back there, with that 'brick-by-brick' stuff, but you haven't literally done it yet."

"What's the fourth wall?"

"It's surprisingly simple, actually." He says, sitting in a chair opposite my own. "In Olde-English theater, there were four boundaries around the action occurring on stage. The first was stage left. The second, stage right, and the third was the backdrop. The fourth wall, though, was the wall of illusion that lied between the the audience and the characters. Occasionally, a character, if he was particularly liked by the audience or writers, would be allowed to break that wall.

Sometimes, the character directly addresses the audience, and that's how complicated the breaking of the wall would get. But sometimes, just sometimes, a character would be allowed to understand the truth... not truth in a bulls**t Hallmark-Greeting-Card way, but the real truth."

"Oh yeah?" I ask skeptically, "And what's that?"

He leans forward in his chair.

"That none of this s**t is real. Congrats, Wade, you've just become one of those 'special' characters."

"None of what? My thoughts? The buildings? The world?"

"None of it. Sure, the buildings exist somewhere, and the world for sure is real. But you and me? We're the same idea in different contexts."

"Contexts?" I ask.

"Somewhere, down the line, a writer a certain New York City - based comic Company had an idea for a comic character, out of many, who knew that he exists in a comic. This comic character is me. Deadpool. I exist with Spider-Man, Iron Man, and the late Captain America. We were all one big, cozy family. And I knew, unlike anyone else, that we existed in a place called the "616 Universe."

Why 616? I dunno. But, think of every person you've ever known existing in a much older and more experienced world. That'd be the closest thing to 616.

Then, somewhere else down the line, someone at that very same company thought it might be a good idea to give those old, used characters a face-lift. One without pesky continuity or horribly used storylines. They called this "Universal Reboot" the "Ultimate Universe."

He puts his hand on his chest.

"Me: 616 Deadpool. You: Ultimate Deadpool. And the guy behind that whispering voice has decided to give you one of my more endearing traits: my knowledge, and destruction, of the fourth wall."

"So... right now... we're in a comic book?"

He clicks his lips.

"Actually right now we're in his head. Soon to be put onto the witten-page... but... there's a slight problem with that, too..."

I moan,
"Christ, why can't the world be simple and... y'know... the world as I see it?"

"Because..." He says, "That'd be way too easy... but hey... at least you're popular. From what I've heard, you've earned this guy lots of praise."

I grin.

"At least I'm useful in that regard."

"Sure are. You're one of the favorite characters in the entire "Ultimate Universe." But there's something I need to tell you."

I sit still... Hoping that somehow my patience will make his news better.

He draws a deep breath, as if he doesn't know how to word what he's going to tell me.

"You're not in a comic book... have you ever heard of... 'comic-book-nerds?'" He mutters.

"Of course I have... aren't they all horribly scarred, though? That's why they sit at home all day reading comics?"

He glances left and right.

"I wouldn't say something like that again. After all, one of them is controlling your fate... and a lot of others are reading what he writes."

"How?"

"Well... at some point, a fan of the "Ultimate Universe" decided to create a role-playing-game using it's characters on a message board. That's where you exist... in the game... on a message board."

"So..." I say, with a smile, "I can do whatever I want without having to worry about a lawsuit?"

The other Deadpool leans back, surprised.

"Um... yes? You're taking this news far better than I thought, Wade."

I spring out of the chair.

"What's not to take well? This gives me far more leeway in the "Total nutjob" department."

He stands up from his chair.

"Then my work here is done. Nice meeting you, Ultimate Deadpool."

I extend a hand.

"Likewise, 616 Deadpool."

We shake hands and he turns his back on me.

I look up at the shadows.

"Nice meeting you too, uh... Spideyssuperfan."

I get ready to stop talking, but look back up.

"I'm a little insulted, though, that it's not Deadpoolssuperfan."

I hear the voice sigh.

"Don't worry, Wilson. My avatar is of you."

"That makes me feel all jolly inside." I say, hugging myself.

"Say, can I go home now?" I ask.

"I was thinking the same thing."
The other Deadpool says, as I look down.

His gun is aimed right in the middle of my forehead.

No time to react.

No time for a witty remark.

I hear the gun fire and I fall backwards, slamming my head to the ground.

When I wake up, I'm in New York, on a rooftop.

Just like the Jackal promised.

FORGE2.jpg

Forge couldn't believe this. His first brisk, sulking walk soon became a run.

He reached the room where Sharon's body lay. Black Cat was leaned over her. She turned to Forge as he drew near. "Where is Flint?"

"We need to go. Now. Grab Sharon's body and lets go. Flint's going to blow the place."

Black Cat looked at Forge in confusion. "What? Why?"

Forge threw his hands into the air in frustration. "I don't know! Maybe its because he's a f***ing psychopath!" He leaned over a picked up Sharon's body. "Come on. We don't have time for questions." His harsh words seemed to surprise his two teammates, not used to seeing Forge's dark side.

The three made their way down the stairs to where the Zeus had been left. They passed the Shocker, still struggling in the green energy net. "Hey, freaks! You're not going to just leave me in here, are you?"

Forge stared at him coldly. "You can blame your boss for this one, s***-for-brains." He kept walking, not looking back.

"What?! Come on!"

Soon, the three reached the Hellcycle and Zeus. Forge pressed a button on his wrist and the back hatch opened, allowing Forge and Black Cat to enter. He laid Sharon on a small stretcher in the back and strapped her in. He touched her red hair as a tear fell down his face. "I'm sorry things didn't turn out better, Sharon." He turned away, heading for the driver's seat."

"He's not..."

Forge stopped for a moment. "Sharon?"

"He's not a bad person."
Sharon's breaths were short and speaking seemed difficult. "And neither are you."

Forge knelt down at Sharon's side. Another tear trickled down his cheek. "I know." Suddenly, he stood up and turned to Black Cat. "Its an automatic. Lady friendly. Get Sharon to medical care as fast as you can. She's loosing a lot of blood."

Cat looked at him. "Where are you going?"

"We're supposed to be the heroes, Cat."

"Forge! You can't-"

He pressed a button on his wrist, slamming the ramp shut. "And I have no intention of leaving anyone behind."

"Come on!! You motherf***ers! You aren't just going to leave me for dead are you?!"
Shocker struggled under the energy net, unable to move. "F*** YOU!"

"Actually, I was planning on getting your sorry carcass out of here. If I promise to let you out, you need to promise to help me. Flint is planning on blowing up this building. If my readings are correct (and I'm never wrong) there are three tons of explosives in the lower basement of this building. We need to find your fishbowl friend and get the hell out of here."

Shocker looked at him in confusion. "Holy s***. Yes, yes, yes." Forge pressed a button on his bicep and the energy net flickered out. Shocker grabbed an outstretched arm and picked himself up. "He's in that room over there."

The two of them found Mysterio unconcious on the floor. Forge picked up the man and flung him over his shoulder.

Shocker seemed shocked by his ease at picking up the man. "Man, you're a strong punk aren't you?"

"My arm is made of technology that would make your great-grandchildren drool all over themselves. Can we go? We don't have alot of time."

Suddenly, the floor began to shake. "Oh s***!" Shocker and Forge broke into a full on sprint for the exit.

Tremor after tremor shook the building's foundation. Forge grabbed the Shocker by the collar. "Hold on!" He kicked on his rocketboots and sped down the final hallway and through the hole where the Zeus had once been. Just as the flames burst through the hallway, Forge changed his course up and out, flying high above the city and away from Hammerhead's building.

Forge couldn't think. He sat flying in the air for a moment watching the building collapse. He hoped that he was right. He knew that Flint would live through the inevitable collapse of the building, but he hoped that Sandman would remain. His teammate. His friend. Sharon was right. He knew he wasn't a bad person.

He rememebered their conversation in the park roughly one week prior.

"Sometimes I wanna kill him so bad I just start shaking. I know it's sick. But I feel like if I can't get him... if I can see his face right when I drain the last of his life out of him... I feel like I can get back to being the person that I was before."

Forge snapped out of his thoughts as the Shocker shouted at him. "Hey! Astro Boy! You want to let me down now!"

Forge turned and looked at the Shocker, dangling 100ft above the city. "No, we've got an appointment, Mr. Shocker."

"Say what? With who?"

Forge turned away from the building and towards the Triskelion. "You may have heard of him before. Nick Fury."

zdandmanjc8.jpg

Season III - Part 47

Flint steps through the hole in the metal door and sees Hammerhead on his knees in front of the Thunderbolts. The gangster looks like he's been taking a beating.

"Well well... look who it is."

Hearing Hammerhead's words, the group turns and looks at Flint.

"Flint!" Forge shouts. "Sharon... is she..."

"You three can leave." Flint says without taking his eyes off Hammerhead.

"Aw, come on Sandy... I'm just gettin' warmed up!"

"Go." Flint urges in an emotionless voice. "SHIELD is on the way. Take Sharon and meet them outside."

"Flint? What happened? Is Sharon--"

"Just go!" Flint shouts. "This is my fight!"

Looking dejected, Black Cat and Ghost Rider walk out of the room, both taking note of the tears running down Flint's face.

"Flint, I... I found this."

Forge holds out the folder Hammerhead had taunted Flint with earlier. The words on the cover torment Flint...

WILLIAM BAKER
TOP SECRET
PROPERTY OF HYDRA

"I'll leave it here for you." Forge places the folder on the table and moves towards the door.

"Why don't you two just screw eachother and get it over with already?"

Furious, Flint turns one of his hands into a large spike and drives it through Hammerhead's left thigh, pinning him to the floor.

"ARRRRRGHHHHH!"

"Flint, oh my God!"

"You sick FREAK!" Hammerhead tugs at the spike with his free hand but cannot get it out.

"Flint, you don't have to do this! You don't have to be a killer anymore!"

"Yes, I do." Flint replies flatly, tears still flowing down his face.

"Better kiss yer boyfriend goodbye. This whole place is about to--"

Spotting the detonator in Hammerhead's hand, Flint reaches out and clasps his hand over Hammerhead's; ensuring that the detonator stays firmly in the gangster's grip.

"Crap! Alright, just... just hold on to that for a minute, Flint. I'll find a way to shut it down."

"No."

Forge looks at his teammate; confused.

"What? Wait, what do you--"

"Go with the others. Get as far away from here as you can."

"But... but you'll die... you'll kill him..."

"I'm pretty sure I'll survive."

Forge walks over and stands beside Flint.

"Don't do it. We're supposed to be starting over, remember? I won't let you ruin that. Sharon would want you to--"

Flint takes his spiked hand out of Hammerhead's thigh, transforms it into a large mallot, and smacks Forge. The mutant flies through the air before crashing to the ground a few feet away.

"You don't know me, kid. This is who I am." Flint refuses to look into Forge's eyes as he speaks. He can't bear to see the pained expression.

"Just get outta here. I'll give you a couple minutes before I let this place blow."

Feeling hurt and betrayed, Forge picks himself up off the ground and leaves the room.

"Y'know somethin'?" Hammerhead say.. "That was just like watchin' an episode of Will And Grace."

Flint slams his mallot-fist into Hammerhead's ribcage and savours the sound of bones breaking.

"She's dead, you know." Flint says, his voice thick with pain. "Because of that, these next few minutes are going to be extremely unpleasant."

HAMMERHEAD

"Unpleasant? You gonna keep talkin' then? Can't think of anything worse. Just get stuck in you freakin' *****."

My leg begins to lose feeling, encased in a thick layer of sand, squeezing tightly.

"What, you givin' me a hug now sugar?"

Grating sounds of sand on metal. A cold and rough feeling on my arm. Then a snapping sound.

"I hope you're begining to understand suffering, 'cause I still got another five minutes of playtime before the other's are clear, and you've got a whole load of bones."

"You still don't get this, do you? Keep breakin' keep hurtin' keep doing this to me. I don't give a **** about this or you. I've had a good run, and even if your freak ass survives this, then you'll still see me. Every night. Whenever you close your eyes or think about your dame. You'll see my face, see it laughing at you."

My fingers buckle under the pressure, twistin' and crackin', at least this the sorta way I expected to go out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"