• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The "Ultimate Marvel" RPG Season III

Untitled-1-6-2.jpg

The Scarlet Spider Chapter 60

The Clone Saga
Part XX

If I jam that cable on Scorpion's back, he'll die. I can't let that happen.

He's still attached to Jackal, water pouring onto everyone, including the newly introduced Hobby-Gobby.

The sprinkles snap on, trying to extinguish the continuously recurring flames.

"No! Get out of here!" I scream to Scorpion "Take Spider-Man and the other clones with you! And promise me that you'll find Mary Jane!"

I look through the melting eyepieces straight into his eyes.

"I'm sorry!" Before he can ask me for what, I web Warren's arms and legs to the floor and kick Scorpion's chest.

He flies backwards, towards Tarantula, Spider-Woman, and Spider-Man.

I web a wall between me and the other clones, and stand in ankle-deep water facing my Creator, who's still on his back, as the water is rising above his face.

"Isn't this how you'd always wanna go, doc?!" I scream down to him at the top of my lungs, "In a one on one fight with your greatest creation?! Well, lemme tell ya something..." I say, juggling the electrical cable in my hand. "I've gotten a little crazy, too!"

In one swift motion, I drop the cable into the ankle-deep water and leap into the air, landing with a *thud* on Warren's face, sending his head straight under the water, allowing the electrically-charged water to seep around his face.

Untitled-1-6-2.jpg

The Scarlet Spider Chapter 60

The Clone Saga
Part XX

If I jam that cable on Scorpion's back, he'll die. I can't let that happen.

He's still attached to Jackal, water pouring onto everyone, including the newly introduced Hobby-Gobby.

The sprinkles snap on, trying to extinguish the continuously recurring flames.

"No! Get out of here!" I scream to Scorpion "Take Spider-Man and the other clones with you! And promise me that you'll find Mary Jane!"

I look through the melting eyepieces straight into his eyes.

"I'm sorry!" Before he can ask me for what, I web Warren's arms and legs to the floor and kick Scorpion's chest.

He flies backwards, towards Tarantula, Spider-Woman, and Spider-Man.

I web a wall between me and the other clones, and stand in ankle-deep water facing my Creator, who's still on his back, as the water is rising above his face.

"Isn't this how you'd always wanna go, doc?!" I scream down to him at the top of my lungs, "In a one on one fight with your greatest creation?! Well, lemme tell ya something..." I say, juggling the electrical cable in my hand. "I've gotten a little crazy, too!"

In one swift motion, I drop the cable into the ankle-deep water and leap into the air, landing with a *thud* on Warren's facemask, cracking his helmet, allowing the electrically-charged water to seep around his face.
ultimatescorpionbanner2.png

"I know well enough to respect a dying man's wishes. Come on. You gotta get out of here!"

Scorpion uses his adheasive, and shoots a line at Spider-Man, Tarantula, and Spider-woman. He grabs the lines tight, and jumps out of the building. As he goes, a large burst of fire follows, throwing them all into the parking lot of the broken down facility.

Jackal.jpg

I feel my strength evaporating. The electrified water caused my battlesuit to short-circuit. Now I'm basically wearing a heavy metal weight on my body.

I manage to free myself of the suit, but my energy is fading. No...NO! This is my world...I'm God here! I cannot be defeated!

Then, in an instant, my remaining strength is released in the form of a fiery explosion. And I lie there...in the water...no strength left...as my body turns back into its original form...

"My world...my world...my world..."

[BLACKOUT]"You will all die here tonight. The Spider first, and most painfully, but rest assured..."[/BLACKOUT]

"Wait, I thought you just wanted me, Harry. I thought we had something special."

[BLACKOUT]"SHUT UP!"[/BLACKOUT]
Hobgoblin lumbered out into the parking lot and kicked Spider-Man into the far wall.

[BLACKOUT]"You have trespassed on my property, stolen my father's creations, and created more of these spider-travesties. You dishonor the Osborn name!"[/BLACKOUT]

"Harry, this isn't you. You beat this once, you can do it again. Fight it, Harry."

[BLACKOUT]"No, Peter. You tricked me once, but not again, This is my legacy, my heritage. I have been created in my father's image. This is what he wanted. When I find him, he will finally love me, Finally be proud of me. Even more so when I hand him your cold, lifeless body."[/BLACKOUT]

Hobgoblin hurled two fireballs at Spider-Man. The first missed, but the second hit the Wall Crawler square in the gut.

[BLACKOUT]"I am going to bring honor back to the Osborn name!"[/BLACKOUT]

Jackal.jpg

I feel my strength evaporating. The electrified water caused my battlesuit to short-circuit. Now I'm basically wearing a heavy metal weight on my body.

I manage to free myself of the suit, but my energy is fading. No...NO! This is my world...I'm God here! I cannot be defeated!

Then, in an instant, my remaining strength is released in the form of a fiery explosion. And I lie there...in the water...no strength left...as my body turns back into its original form...

Untitled-1-6-2.jpg

The Scarlet Spider Chapter 61

The Clone Saga
Part XXI

I stand over the Jackal in the water, now safe from electrocution after the wires short circuit.

I look down at the face of a man I once admired and hear his words.

"Is crumbling." I say, finishing his sentence.

"Your clones are free. Spider-Man's alive. And, in just under five minutes, the armies you've created will be destroyed."

The sprinkles stay on, loud as ever, as steel falls from the ceiling and my web wall melts.

Scorpion got the others out.

Good.

I hope I'll be joining them, but right now, I've got two things on my mind.

Mary Jane Watson.

And revenge.

"Make no mistake Miles, I'm going to kill you." I tell him, webbing his arms and feet to the metal. "I'm going to end your life tonight. Your clone army will be gone, after the electrical couplings overload and blow up. OsCorp will have burned to the ground by tomorrow, along with half of your research, and Spider-Man and I will be back out, on rooftops, doin' our thing. And we'll have three people to help us. Everything you've worked for, for years, will end in an instant. The only choice you have to make now is this: are you going to tell me where the girl is, or am I going to have to torture it out of you?"

Jackal.jpg

Untitled-1-6-2.jpg

The Scarlet Spider Chapter 61

The Clone Saga
Part XXI

I stand over the Jackal in the water, now safe from electrocution after the wires short circuit.

I look down at the face of a man I once admired and hear his words.

"Is crumbling." I say, finishing his sentence.

"Your clones are free. Spider-Man's alive. And, in just under five minutes, the armies you've created will be destroyed."

The sprinkles stay on, loud as ever, as steel falls from the ceiling and my web wall melts.

Scorpion got the others out.

Good.

I hope I'll be joining them, but right now, I've got two things on my mind.

Mary Jane Watson.

And revenge.

"Make no mistake Miles, I'm going to kill you." I tell him, webbing his arms and feet to the metal. "I'm going to end your life tonight. Your clone army will be gone, after the electrical couplings overload and blow up. OsCorp will have burned to the ground by tomorrow, along with half of your research, and Spider-Man and I will be back out, on rooftops, doin' our thing. And we'll have three people to help us. Everything you've worked for, for years, will end in an instant. The only choice you have to make now is this: are you going to tell me where the girl is, or am I going to have to torture it out of you?"
I look at him. I want to tell him...I really do. After all, what do I have to lose at this point? But, I'm unable to speak properly. Instead, I continue to repeat, "My world...my...my...my world..."

Just then, a single thought pops into my head. My eyes widen as the words start to form from my lips.

"S-smokestack...Carnage...Venom...fire...the phoenix...Mary Jane...smokestack..."

Then, in that moment, my mental breakdown is complete. My brain shuts itself off and I fall unconscious.

Jackal.jpg

I look at him. I want to tell him...I really do. After all, what do I have to lose at this point? But, I'm unable to speak properly. Instead, I continue to repeat, "My world...my...my...my world..."

Just then, a single thought pops into my head. My eyes widen as the words start to form from my lips.

"S-smokestack...Carnage...Venom...fire...the phoenix...Mary Jane...smokestack..."

Then, in that moment, my mental breakdown is complete. My brain shuts itself off and I fall unconscious.
Untitled-1-6-2.jpg

The Scarlet Spider Chapter 62

The Clone Saga
Part XXII

"You're not getting off that easily." I say, picking the crazy man up.

After a quick crawl up the elevator shaft we're at the third floor. I pull Warren into his torture chamber he used with Spidercide. I strap him onto the cold, steel operating table.

I wake him up and raise the table so that it's vertical.

I look into his eyes.

"Recognize this room, Doctor? We'll find out, won't we? Spare yourself the anguish, and give me a location... an EXACT location."

MADELYNEPRYOR.jpg

To the X-Men, Madelyne, Rogue, and Gambit, all they could see was the illusion. The illusion that Mastermind was putting up. What they couldn't see was Blink and Mastermind cordially greet Longshot and Mystique.

"It took you people long enough. I've been sitting sedated in that bloody lab for weeks!"
Mystique rubbed her shoulders.

Mastermind folded his arms. "He's out though, isn't he?"

Mystique chuckled. "Baldy? He's been in a coma ever since!"

Longshot looked at Blink. "Why wasn't I told you'd be here?"

"Relax, Hotshot. Its all part of the plan. If you don't like it, take it up with Magneto."
She adjusted her weight slightly, then opened her palms and created a large portal of pink energy. "Now, if you please, Asteroid M awaits."

Mystique chuckled to herself. "Asteroid M? He didn't!"

Blink threw a smile at her. "Oh yes, he did."

To one who didn't know the plan, one would have thought that things had blown up in their faces. Angel had exploded, accusing Rogue of being a traitor. Gambit had immediately revealed that they were from the Brotherhood. Luckily, Madelyne had been briefed on it all.

She stopped and looked at Longshot. "You'll have to excuse Gambit here. We've had a long trip, and he's feeling a little off." She shot a look at Gambit. She then slammed both Longshot and Mystique hard into the ground with her telekinesis.

Suddenly, Rogue stared into the sky. "Jean! Look out!" Madelyne looked up and braced herself.

Meteor_ID_by_spook0114.png

Madelyne only had enough time to cover herself in telekinetic energy before the asteroid hit her head on, sending her across the ground nearly fifty yards. Gambit and Rogue both were knocked to opposite sides of the blast, while Angel and Cyclops were both knocked aside from the debris. After the dust settled, all that was left from the impact was Longshot and Mystique standing amidst the rubble.

Mystique stared at Longshot. "How the hell did you do that?"

Longshot winked at her. "Just got lucky I guess." The two ran past the dazed X-Men and through some bushes.

"THEY CAN'T JUST BE GONE! FIND THEM!" Cyclops screamed on his communicator at Storm as he held Jean in his arms. "Jean. Jean are you okay?"

Jean opened her eyes. She was rattled, that much was for sure. "Yeah. Hey, babe. I..." Her voice was faint. "I missed you."

Cyclops held Jean in his arms, smiling slightly. He couldn't help the tears well up in his eyes. "I missed you too, babe."

Storm's voice came up over the comm-link. "I'm telling you, Scott. Its like they vanished! Their footsteps just stop. They must have had somebody waiting for them."

Scott picked up Jean and sighed. "Fine, just get everybody back to the mansion immediately. Clean everyone up. We need to know what the hell just happened."

"What about Gambit and Rogue?" Angel was brushing off the debris from himself.

"I said clean everyone up. We'll get this figured out soon enough."

gr2dy5.png

The Triskelion

While Sharon Carter and Forge talk, a force sends a wave of energy through the Triskelion and shorts out the lights. One voice is heard clear as a bell.
"An old cowpoke went riding out
One dark and windy day,
Upon a ridge he rested as
He went along his way,

A bolt of fear shot through him as
He looked up in the sky,
For he saw the rider comin' hard
And he heard his mournful cry

Yippee-yi-ya, yippee-yi-yo"

Forge and Sharon look at each other as the look of recognition comes upon them.

"His face was gaunt, His eyes were blurred,
His shirt all soaked with sweat,
He’s riding hard to catch that herd,
But he ain't caught 'em yet,
'cause he’s got to ride forever on
That range up in the sky,
On horses snortin' fire, as
he rides on hear his cry,"

Heat fills the hallway as the hellcycle crashes through a nearby window. The rider stands infront of them in full form.

ghostridergf8.jpg

"Yippee-yi-ya, yippee-yi-yo, Ghost riders in...Ghost riders in the sky!"

"Wow, Blaze. Took the theatricality to a bit of an extreme, huh?"

He only smiles.

"Johnny?"

He turns to see Black Cat, in full uniform standing infront of him.

"Howdy darling."

He turns to Forge and Sharon.

"I know I left on you, but I realised something while I was gone. We may be a half-ass, rag-tag, operation. But this is our half-ass, rag-tag operation. We have our bickers and fights, but at the end of the day will always bee a team. Once a Thunderbolt always a Thunderbolt."

Black Cat comes up and wraps her arm around the rider's waist. Sharon Carter smiles a little inside while Forge puts on a smirk.

"What the hell are we all doing standing around? We got a teammate that needs saving."

Jackal.jpg

Untitled-1-6-2.jpg

The Scarlet Spider Chapter 62

The Clone Saga
Part XXII

"You're not getting off that easily." I say, picking the crazy man up.

After a quick crawl up the elevator shaft we're at the third floor. I pull Warren into his torture chamber he used with Spidercide. I strap him onto the cold, steel operating table.

I wake him up and raise the table so that it's vertical.

I look into his eyes.

"Recognize this room, Doctor? We'll find out, won't we? Spare yourself the anguish, and give me a location... an EXACT location."
I am now just a shell of a man. Lost within my own mind, I am only able to muster up the strength to say one thing.

Scarlet Spider can interrogate me all he wants, but I couldn't answer him even if I wanted to.

All I can do is repeat,

Spider-Woman.jpg

[blackout]"You will all die here tonight. The Spider first, and most painfully, but rest assured..."[/blackout]

"Wait, I thought you just wanted me, Harry. I thought we had something special."

[blackout]"SHUT UP!"[/blackout]
Hobgoblin lumbered out into the parking lot and kicked Spider-Man into the far wall.

[blackout]"You have trespassed on my property, stolen my father's creations, and created more of these spider-travesties. You dishonor the Osborn name!"[/blackout]

"Harry, this isn't you. You beat this once, you can do it again. Fight it, Harry."

[blackout]"No, Peter. You tricked me once, but not again, This is my legacy, my heritage. I have been created in my father's image. This is what he wanted. When I find him, he will finally love me, Finally be proud of me. Even more so when I hand him your cold, lifeless body."[/blackout]

Hobgoblin hurled two fireballs at Spider-Man. The first missed, but the second hit the Wall Crawler square in the gut.

[blackout]"I am going to bring honor back to the Osborn name!"[/blackout]
AFTERMATH
Part 1 - Oh Brother

"Oh, Harry...not to sound rude, but when was there ever honor in the Osborn name to begin with?" I quip. Now, I realize that I'm in no shape to be quipping, but I'm not going to let Harry Osborn kill Peter Parker.

"Besides, no matter what you do, your father is not going to respect you. He's a hulking, green mass of crazy, Harry. Face it."

FORGE2.jpg

"Cat?" Forge opened the door to room 237 to find a half-dressed Felicia Hardy.

"FORGE! WHAT THE-"
She screamed and covered herself up.

"Oh my..." Forge slammed the door quickly. He pushed his long black hair out of his face. Man, she was just as good looking out of her leather as she was in it. "Is it okay now?"

"Yeah...come in."

Forge came in, alot less quickly as the first time. He awkwardly made eye-contact with her. "How are you feeling?"

"Great! You'd be surprised what kind of doctors Nick Fury has on staff."

Forge chuckled. "Are they that bad?"

"You know what I meant." A long silence followed. A rush of emotions came back to Forge as he remembered their brief but eventful past.

Suddenly, Carter came up behind Forge. "Are you two ready?"

Forge fumbled slightly, adjusting his goggles which rested slightly on his head. "Uh...yeah. She was just, you know, getting dressed."

"Getting dressed?" Carter looked slightly confused.

"I mean..." Forge couldn't win.

Suddenly, the window in the hallway smashed, Johnny Blaze roaring in on his Hellcycle. "Yippee-yi-ya, yippee-yi-yo, Ghost riders in...Ghost riders in the sky!"

"Johnny?" Black Cat looked over at him in surprise.

"Howdy darling."

Blaze turned to Forge and Carter. "I know I left on you, but I realised something while I was gone. We may be a half-ass, rag-tag, operation. But this is our half-ass, rag-tag operation. We have our bickers and fights, but at the end of the day will always bee a team. Once a Thunderbolt always a Thunderbolt."

Forge watched as Black Cat hugged Blaze tightly. That was something that still was going to take some getting used to, but he forced a smile.

"What the hell are we all doing standing around? We got a teammate that needs saving."

Armored_car___speedpainting_by_Dekus.jpg

Black Cat, Forge, and Carter all sat in a large armored car. "Where the hell did we get our own vehicle?"

"This is the same SHIELD-issue van we used when we had the mission in Palmyra to retrieve Blaze. Forge here just made a few upgrades to it."

"A few? This thing is a freakin' tank!"

Forge turned to them with a huge grin on his face. "The proper term is Advanced All-Terrain Vehicle. I call it the Zeus. We've got radar, communications, armor that is impervious to bullets, explosions, and anything less than a nuclear bomb. She's also got high-powered boosters for high-speed travel, as well as being able to convert into both an underwater submersible and an airborne supersonic jet."

Carter chuckled a bit. "You never told me you made it a jet too!"

"Its still in its testing phase, not quite ready for use yet."

Suddenly, Blaze's voice came over the communicator on the dashboard. "This thing work?"

Forge flicked a switch on the dashboard. "Yeah, read you loud and clear."

Blaze's voice crackled again. "Perfect. Enough with the chit-chat. I'm dyin' to get my knuckles bloody!"

Forge flicked a few switches and the Zeus lowered into the water tank below. "Roger. Meet you outside, Ghost Rider." He flipped a couple more switches. "Converting to underwater submersible."

With a few silent hums, the Zeus converted itself smoothly into a perfect submarine.

Behind him, Black Cat chuckled. "My only question is, why convert the old van? Wouldn't it have been easier to start from scratch? This thing looks nothing like the van."

Forge laughed. "Now where's the fun in that?!" With a slam on the gas pedal, the Zeus sped across the bay towards the city.

MAGNETO.jpg

Magneto was waiting patiently for the return of Blink, Mystique, and Longshot. When the large pink portal appeared in his chamber, he smiled slightly. Soon, the three mutants passed through the portal one by one. "Peice of cake." Blink threw a wink at Magneto.

"Thank you, my dear. I assume everything is going according to plan."

"We've got a problem, actually."

Magneto glared his vision. "Which is?"

"Its the Cajun. He's already affirmed that Rogue is working with us and claims he doesn't have any allegiances. He has already offered to help bring us down."

Magneto smiled. "Ah, my dear. Not to worry. The Cajun is simply playing the part I knew he would play."

"I don't understand, sir."

"Having Gambit there will only smooth the transition. Rogue and our little Jean will be easily accepted with Gambit running his mouth off. And Cyclops' heart will cloud his judgment as well."

He turned to Longshot. "Longshot, I can't tell you how much the Brotherhood owes you for you diligence at retrieving some of our most valuable members."

Longshot grunted.

"I know you and I do not see eye-to-eye, my brother, so I have a simple offer for you. This week, my Brotherhood will be charging the Triskelion and eradicating the Ultimates, with the X-Men right along side. I want you to lead that army. To be brief, I simply need your luck right now."
He paused for a moment, turning to the scenery below. "When this is all over, I'll give you that little country of Genosha for you to do with what you please, as well as the rest of Africa."

Longshot looked over the blue Earth, considering the offer.

Chameleon sat in a large chair infront of the camera. One of Multiple Man's dupes fiddled with the camera's controls, while another adjusted controls on a computer. "Alright, we're on in ten, Chameleon."

He thought about Max's comments earlier. About what he had told about Leland. Weird. He must have hit his head hard or something. He's have to talk to Max later. Right now, it was show time.

He quickly changed his form as Multiple Man overrode all radio, tv, and internet stations. "5...4...3...2..."

Kitty Pryde sat in the mansion. She'd missed the action. Again. It was weird to have Jean back too.

She was watching American Idol when suddenly static plagued the screen. "WHAT THE HELL?!"

Suddenly, a chill ran down her spine.

photo_46.jpg

"Greetings, citizens of Earth."

"Oh s***!"

"Over the past few years, mutants have been humiliated. We have been experimented upon, run to the ground, and even unwillingly used as assassin slaves by the U.S. Government."

Pictures of Weapon X flashed across the screen. Pictures of mutants being experimented upon. Some so grotesque Kitty could feel her stomach churn.

"As mutants have tried to find their place in society, the organization known as SHIELD has sent their robotic pets upon us, killing us off as if rodents in the night.

May this be a warning to all those who would repress the progression of Homo Superior: your end is nigh. Nick Fury and his Ultimates will be the first victim of our evolutionary wrath, with many more soon thereafter. Any mutants who attempt to stand against us will be dealt with as traitors, for they are as such. There is no warning. We only offer this as a chance to prepare to meet your maker."

The signal flicked off again, and Simon Cowell was once again plastered across the screen. Kitty stumbled as she ran out of the room. "Guuuuuuyyyys!"

zdandmanjc8.jpg

FLINT MARKO: SANDMAN
Season III - Part 42

Flint swallowed hard and stared into Hammerhead's heartless eyes. He had dreamed of facing this man for so long... dreamed of getting revenge for all the pain he'd caused... and now that he was here, facing his enemy, reliving the past... he realized that fiery anger no longer burned as violently as it once did...

"You killed a woman I loved... and you got me sent to jail for the crime... I don't care if you remember... you're going to die for it. That's all you need to know."

Hammerhead chuckled.

"Oh, quit talkin' like that. You ain't gonna get the chance to lay a damn hand on me and you know it."

Flint shook his head.

"What did you think? That you'd slap my picture on a folder and suddenly I'd tell you everything you want to know? I don't know what that ugly head of yours is filled with, but it sure ain't brains."

Hammerhead pulled up a chair and sat backwards on it, his arms folded over the chair's back. He lit a cigarette and blew the smoke into Flint's face.

"Look. I'm gonna be real honest with you here. I don't know what's in that file. It doesn't make any sense to me and even if it did, I really don't care what's in it. But I bet you do."

"I don't."

"I've got two pieces of I.D. here with your picture on 'em. One belongs to Flint Marko, and one belongs to William Baker. Maybe that means something to you and maybe it doesn't. But I promise you... it doesn't mean $hit to me. The way I look at it is, you're already dead. So you can either tell me where your buddies are and read this file before you die... or I can rip you apart one piece at time for as long as it takes until I finally put you underground."

Flint stared at the strange folder, the strange words bouncing around in his skull... William Baker? HYDRA?

"Are you ready to make that choice yet?"

Flint longed to open that folder. He knew that it wasn't a fake. Somehow, he just knew. Whatever was in there was going to change his life. He could feel it...

"You gonna use those pliers? Or are you gonna keep singing me lullabies?"

As Hammerhead broke bones with the pliers, Flint Marko finally gave up the past. He wasn't taking this beating so that he could avenge the death of a woman he'd known years ago... he was taking this beating so that his teammates wouldn't have to. Shortly after that woman died, so did Flint Marko. He died alone. No friends... no family... But before long, Flint Marko was reborn. He became the Sandman. And the Sandman had a family. One he would die to protect.

HAMMERHEAD

He's got balls, for now at least. The pliers are not longer keeping me happy, just as well I have a sledgehammer.

"OK, so you like the pliers, let's see if you like this...."

Swinging my arms, I feel the shattering of bone as his kneecap fragments, shards of bone ripping through soft bloody flesh.

I see him writhe and struggle with pain.

"Well well well, you may talk all the tough guy, shame your knee's don't share the same sentiments."

Placing the file onto his lap, blood dripping onto it, his curiostity spurring out his eyes.

"Can't leave your other knee out now can we..."

CRUNCH

MADELYNEPRYOR.jpg

To the X-Men, Madelyne, Rogue, and Gambit, all they could see was the illusion. The illusion that Mastermind was putting up. What they couldn't see was Blink and Mastermind cordially greet Longshot and Mystique.

"It took you people long enough. I've been sitting sedated in that bloody lab for weeks!"
Mystique rubbed her shoulders.

Mastermind folded his arms. "He's out though, isn't he?"

Mystique chuckled. "Baldy? He's been in a coma ever since!"

Longshot looked at Blink. "Why wasn't I told you'd be here?"

"Relax, Hotshot. Its all part of the plan. If you don't like it, take it up with Magneto."
She adjusted her weight slightly, then opened her palms and created a large portal of pink energy. "Now, if you please, Asteroid M awaits."

Mystique chuckled to herself. "Asteroid M? He didn't!"

Blink threw a smile at her. "Oh yes, he did."

To one who didn't know the plan, one would have thought that things had blown up in their faces. Angel had exploded, accusing Rogue of being a traitor. Gambit had immediately revealed that they were from the Brotherhood. Luckily, Madelyne had been briefed on it all.

She stopped and looked at Longshot. "You'll have to excuse Gambit here. We've had a long trip, and he's feeling a little off." She shot a look at Gambit. She then slammed both Longshot and Mystique hard into the ground with her telekinesis.

Suddenly, Rogue stared into the sky. "Jean! Look out!" Madelyne looked up and braced herself.

Meteor_ID_by_spook0114.png

Madelyne only had enough time to cover herself in telekinetic energy before the asteroid hit her head on, sending her across the ground nearly fifty yards. Gambit and Rogue both were knocked to opposite sides of the blast, while Angel and Cyclops were both knocked aside from the debris. After the dust settled, all that was left from the impact was Longshot and Mystique standing amidst the rubble.

Mystique stared at Longshot. "How the hell did you do that?"

Longshot winked at her. "Just got lucky I guess." The two ran past the dazed X-Men and through some bushes.

"THEY CAN'T JUST BE GONE! FIND THEM!" Cyclops screamed on his communicator at Storm as he held Jean in his arms. "Jean. Jean are you okay?"

Jean opened her eyes. She was rattled, that much was for sure. "Yeah. Hey, babe. I..." Her voice was faint. "I missed you."

Cyclops held Jean in his arms, smiling slightly. He couldn't help the tears well up in his eyes. "I missed you too, babe."

Storm's voice came up over the comm-link. "I'm telling you, Scott. Its like they vanished! Their footsteps just stop. They must have had somebody waiting for them."

Scott picked up Jean and sighed. "Fine, just get everybody back to the mansion immediately. Clean everyone up. We need to know what the hell just happened."

"What about Gambit and Rogue?" Angel was brushing off the debris from himself.

35773.jpg

I still don't like this, its way to convenient. We're at our most vulnerable and suddenly Rogue and Gambit return and Jean comes back from the dead! I watch as Scott gently lifts Jean off the ground and heads for the mansion. I look down at the unconcious Gambit and Rogue.

"You two better not be out to betray us. After everything thats happened I don't think any of us has much restraint left."

I sling one over each shoulder and carry them toward the mansion.

Fifteen mins later.....

Gamit and Rogue now occupy hosptial beds beside the Professor. I look over to see Moria checking Jean's vitals.

"This just isnt possible, how could you have survived? And where have you been for all this time?"

Scott shoots a look at Moira.

"That doesnt matter right now, onlt that shes back."

Moira doesnt say anything else as turns away from them and walks toward me.

"Warren could you follow me to Charles's office, I need to talk to you."

Spider-Woman.jpg

AFTERMATH
Part 1 - Oh Brother

"Oh, Harry...not to sound rude, but when was there ever honor in the Osborn name to begin with?" I quip. Now, I realize that I'm in no shape to be quipping, but I'm not going to let Harry Osborn kill Peter Parker.

"Besides, no matter what you do, your father is not going to respect you. He's a hulking, green mass of crazy, Harry. Face it."
Tarantula.jpg

While Spider-Woman has Harry distracted I lunge onto his back.

"Listen to her Harry and not the other voices rattleing around in that nugget of yours. And before you say it no your not seeing things I do have six arms, see!"

SMACK SMACK

"Two!"

SMACK SMACK

"Four!"

SMACK SMACK

"Six!"

colossusix2.jpg

PIOTR RASPUTIN: COLOSSUS
Season III - Part 14

As the search for Longshot and Mystique ended unsuccessfully, Piotr marched back to his room and put on his only suit. It was a blue with grey pinstripes.

"It looks like you're going somewhere." Hank McCoy said from the door.

"I am." Piotr replied.

"Care to fill me in?"

"What difference does it make, Henry?" Piotr said with a sigh of frustration as he straightened his tie in the mirror.

"Perhaps I can be of assistance in some way. I know some great shortcuts."

"Leave me alone, Henry."

Hank watched Piotr struggle with his tie for another moment before he entered the room and took a seat on his teammate's bed.

"You know, Peter... no one wants to see you go. The team is going through a really difficult time right now. And I understand that you sometimes feel... lonely... but--"

"You don't know the first thing about lonely! Even a furry blue freak like you can find someone!"

A look of pain crossed Henry's features and he looked away. He sat with his back hunched, staring at his blue hands...

"I don't know what's gotten into you, Peter... but I hope when you return you'll be your old self again. This team needs you now more than it's ever needed you before."

"This team doesn't need me!" Piotr shouted. "Weren't you paying attention today? Longshot didn't free Mystique! I did! And I let both of them slip through my fingers when I could've had them! You'd all be lucky if I never showed my face around here again..."

Henry got up and moved to exit. He hesistated a moment in the doorway.

"You come back safe, okay Peter? We'll be thinking of you."

With that, Hank McCoy dissapeared down the hallway. Piotr smashed his mirror with one punch and left the mansion.

zdandmanjc8.jpg

FLINT MARKO: THE SANDMAN
Season III - Part 43

"You sir, are what they call a glutton for punishment."

Hammerhead stood over Flint's mangled body; a blowtorch in his hand.

"I wonder why you're doing it... is it because you love your little freak boyfriend and you wanna keep him alive? Or is it because you wanna see what's in this little folder over here?"

Flint had been untied hours ago. Since he could no longer walk, there was no reason to keep him bound.

"Alright. The pliers didn't work. I gotta give ya credit... I really thought they would... but we're moving on to bigger and better things. Like this here blowtorch."

A dazzling blue flame erupted from the end of the torch as Hammerhead rolled Flint over with his boot.

"Now... the choice is yours. Left eye, or right eye?"

"Eat... eat sh..."

"Hmmm... don't have the energy anymore? I guess we'll go with the right one then."

As Hammerhead pressed the flame against Flint's eye, he was surprised that there were no screams. For a moment he was worried he'd killed his prey. He quickly shut off the torch and looked at his victim. Flint's right eye and skin around it seemed to have turned to glass.

"What the...?"

Hammerhead turned around and set the blowtorch down on the table. He looked at the metal tray that he'd put Flint's teeth on. The tray was now covered in sand.

"What's goin' on here, freak? You messin' with my mind? You some kinda tele... hypno... whatchamacallit?"

Flint did not reply. His body lay motionless on the floor. Hammerhead grabbed him by the collar of his shirt. He was shocked to see Flint's face back to normal. No glass... no blood... no broken bones...

"That's it! Get outta my brain, freak!"

Hammerhead reared back and headbutted Flint as hard as he could. He was taken aback when Flint's head exploded in a cloud of sand. Hammerhead gagged on the swirling dust. By the time he could see once more, Flint hovered in the air in front of him. Half man... half sandstorm...

"Holy mother of..."

Hammerhead drew a gun from his back and emptied the cartridge into Flint. The bullets poked holes in the wall behind him.

zsbke3.jpg

"You are in so much trouble... you have no idea..."

gr2dy5.png

FORGE2.jpg

"Cat?" Forge opened the door to room 237 to find a half-dressed Felicia Hardy.

"FORGE! WHAT THE-" She screamed and covered herself up.

"Oh my..." Forge slammed the door quickly. He pushed his long black hair out of his face. Man, she was just as good looking out of her leather as she was in it. "Is it okay now?"

"Yeah...come in."

Forge came in, alot less quickly as the first time. He awkwardly made eye-contact with her. "How are you feeling?"

"Great! You'd be surprised what kind of doctors Nick Fury has on staff."

Forge chuckled. "Are they that bad?"

"You know what I meant." A long silence followed. A rush of emotions came back to Forge as he remembered their brief but eventful past.

Suddenly, Carter came up behind Forge. "Are you two ready?"

Forge fumbled slightly, adjusting his goggles which rested slightly on his head. "Uh...yeah. She was just, you know, getting dressed."

"Getting dressed?" Carter looked slightly confused.

"I mean..." Forge couldn't win.

Suddenly, the window in the hallway smashed, Johnny Blaze roaring in on his Hellcycle. "Yippee-yi-ya, yippee-yi-yo, Ghost riders in...Ghost riders in the sky!"

"Johnny?" Black Cat looked over at him in surprise.

"Howdy darling."

Blaze turned to Forge and Carter. "I know I left on you, but I realised something while I was gone. We may be a half-ass, rag-tag, operation. But this is our half-ass, rag-tag operation. We have our bickers and fights, but at the end of the day will always bee a team. Once a Thunderbolt always a Thunderbolt."

Forge watched as Black Cat hugged Blaze tightly. That was something that still was going to take some getting used to, but he forced a smile.

Armored_car___speedpainting_by_Dekus.jpg

Black Cat, Forge, and Carter all sat in a large armored car. "Where the hell did we get our own vehicle?"

"This is the same SHIELD-issue van we used when we had the mission in Palmyra to retrieve Blaze. Forge here just made a few upgrades to it."

"A few? This thing is a freakin' tank!"

Forge turned to them with a huge grin on his face. "The proper term is Advanced All-Terrain Vehicle. I call it the Zeus. We've got radar, communications, armor that is impervious to bullets, explosions, and anything less than a nuclear bomb. She's also got high-powered boosters for high-speed travel, as well as being able to convert into both an underwater submersible and an airborne supersonic jet."

Carter chuckled a bit. "You never told me you made it a jet too!"

"Its still in its testing phase, not quite ready for use yet."

Suddenly, Blaze's voice came over the communicator on the dashboard. "This thing work?"

Forge flicked a switch on the dashboard. "Yeah, read you loud and clear."

Blaze's voice crackled again. "Perfect. Enough with the chit-chat. I'm dyin' to get my knuckles bloody!"

Forge flicked a few switches and the Zeus lowered into the water tank below. "Roger. Meet you outside, Ghost Rider." He flipped a couple more switches. "Converting to underwater submersible."

With a few silent hums, the Zeus converted itself smoothly into a perfect submarine.

Behind him, Black Cat chuckled. "My only question is, why convert the old van? Wouldn't it have been easier to start from scratch? This thing looks nothing like the van."

Forge laughed. "Now where's the fun in that?!" With a slam on the gas pedal, the Zeus sped across the bay towards the city.

"Wait for me."

The hellcycle plummets off the Triskelion, hitting the water and floating to the top like a jet ski from hell. Together, the Zeus and hellcycle made a good pair. Tearing through the New York night.

"Where they holding Flint?"

"Somewhere uptown. Just follow my lead."

Once the Zeus and hellcycle hit dry land, that's when the fun began.

Even in New York, seeing a flaming motorcycle and armored car racing down the road going close to 200 miles per hour.

"We're coming up on the location. Five hundred yards."

Off in the distance, Ghost Rider could see the building. He reached down on the bike and whipped out his sawed off shotgun from hell.

"How do we play this? Do we knock first, or do we make our own door?"

"You kidding? Just make sure you're holding onto that bike of yours really well."

"I like the sound of that."

The Zeus speed up along with the Hellcycle.

"Hold onto your butts."

The rider eases the brakes and lets the Zeus do the heavy work. It crashes into the building with a god awful sound.

"Knock, knock. Anybody home?"

The Zeus slams into a nearby wall while the Hellcycle skids to a stop next to it.

"We'd like to know if you could spare a moment to talk about the lord?"

Tarantula.jpg

While Spider-Woman has Harry distracted I lunge onto his back.

"Listen to her Harry and not the other voices rattleing around in that nugget of yours. And before you say it no your not seeing things I do have six arms, see!"

SMACK SMACK

"Two!"

SMACK SMACK

"Four!"

SMACK SMACK

"Six!"

Scorpion lies on the parking lot ground unconcious. His eyepiece on his helmet is shattered, the armor is riddled with bullet holes, his tail is broken, and his body is stuck to the interior of the suit. His skin is attached to the melted plastic and metal parts, causing any movement he makes to rip off flesh and skin. He moves around on the ground, and gains some conciousness. He listens, and he hears the noises of battle close, but still in the distance. He feels the ground shake, and he awakens. His eyes open wide, as blood runs down his face. As he gets up, his skin rips and tears. He cringes, but moves forward. As he gets to his feet, one thing remains in his head.

"MJ..."

He struggles to stand as he begins to walk around the parking lot. As he turns the corner, he sees the others fighting the Hobgoblin. Fire lights up the ground, and Scorpion knows he must help them. He prepares himself. He moves his arms and legs, readying and steadying them. He checks his wrists, and sees his adheasive and web dispensers are still functional. He brings his tail to his face, and sees the nozzle broken off the tip of his tail. He wipes Miles's blood from it, and sticks his finger into the hole. He struggles to move twisted and jagged pieces of metal from the opening. Soon, he makes a hole wide enough for the acid to pump. He tries it, and sees it still works. It no longer fires concentratedly or straight, but it works nonetheless. Scorpion looks forward, now fully conscious, and ready. He gets ready, and gets into position.

"This is it. Real or clone, those guys are heroes. I can't watch them die. I have to help. No matter the cost."

Scorpion runs at the Hobgoblin, and catches him off guard. He whips his tail, and smacks the Hobgoblin across the face. Some of the acid spills out of the tail, and onto the Hobgoblin's face. As he falls to the floor, Scorpion looks at the other clones, and smiles.

"Miss me?"

The Hobgoblin effortlessly flung all of the clones off of him, slamming Spider-Man back to the ground.

[BLACKOUT]"If there's anything more pathetic than one Spider, it's a whole colony of them[/BLACKOUT]."

"Spider's don't live in colonies..."

Spider-Man was certain he heard a rib crack as he was kicked hard in the chest."

[BLACKOUT]"It will take more than a gaggle of pre-pubescent Spider clones to deny me my revenge."[/BLACKOUT]

The hard metal disk came from seemingly nowhere and connected hard with the base of the Hobgoblin's skull. The monster staggered, howling in pain. He turned in blind fury to face his new advesary.

"Son, I'd like to take you up on that challenge."

dating-captain-america-20061017015608823.jpg

The Hobgoblin effortlessly flung all of the clones off of him, slamming Spider-Man back to the ground.

[blackout]"If there's anything more pathetic than one Spider, it's a whole colony of them[/blackout]."

"Spider's don't live in colonies..."

Spider-Man was certain he heard a rib crack as he was kicked hard in the chest."

[blackout]"It will take more than a gaggle of pre-pubescent Spider clones to deny me my revenge."[/blackout]

The hard metal disk came from seemingly nowhere and connected hard with the base of the Hobgoblin's skull. The monster staggered, howling in pain. He turned in blind fury to face his new advesary.

"Son, I'd like to take you up on that challenge."

dating-captain-america-20061017015608823.jpg

Scorpion flies back and lands on his back hard as he crashes into the concrete. He gets the wind knocked out of him, but manages to get to his knees. He looks up, ready to face the monster when he sees a familiar face. A face, of a hero.

"It's him. It's really him!"

Scorpion watches as one of his long time heroes comes to join, and most likely finish the fight.

Blackheart1.jpg

Hell

Fire engulfes the entire plain. The smell of ash and brimestone is heavy and potent. As all the fires burn without any smoke, the sound of souls in pain and fear cry out to deaf ears. Mephistopheles sits on his throne, watching over his kingdom. His son, Blackheart, appears beneath his father’s throne in a cloud of black smoke. He gets to his knees, and bows before his father, his King, and his creator.

“Father, I have done as you ask.”

“Really, my son? I believe I told you to follow Johnny until I told you to return.”

”Some things have…gotten in the way. But I have succeeded! And I have learned much from my travels.”

“Tell me what has transpired, my son.”

“I have learned the importance of the emotions respect, fear, hate, betrayal, and love. Johnny’s journey has taught me all of these.”

”Very good, my son. What about Johnny? What has become of him?”

”Johnny’s family knows of what he really is. A man bound to a demon by his will. A sinner, a liar, a deceiver. His mother wishes to see him no more! And his family now no longer trusts nor loves him. He has lost his friends, and now his family.”

”Good work, Blackheart. You have done well.”

”Thank you, father. Your lessons mean so much to me. I wish to know more.”

”Then I shall send you on your next assignment. Chthon, one of the first four demons that came with me to the pit, has decided to leave here. He is running muck and making a mockery of my name on the earthly plane. You must find him, and bring him to me so I can fulfill my judgment. Can you do this for me, my son?”

“I shall, father. But, may I ask one favor of you?”

”What is that?”

”Johnny put a curse on me.”

”Ha! How could a mortal curse a demon? Especially one like him?”

”He used…the Bible, father.”

”What!”

“He read me my last rites. My immortality relies on my ability to respawn here in Hell. If I die, I will go to heaven, and have to face Him. I fear I would be eternally punished and never return to this realm or any other. Can you please rid me of the curse, father? After you do so I will be on my way.”

“My, son. You fool! You never should’ve let him get close enough to you. I will not rid you of this…atrocity. If you die, you die. You must learn that your life is important, and not some kind of game. You don’t get second chances, Blackheart. You must learn now to be careful, and live with this burden. If you die, you will not receive another chance.”

”Is there anyway to stop this? Anyway to fix this, rid me of the curse?”

”Yes. But you must discover it on your own.”

”Is this my next task?”

”No. You must still find Chthon. But you must be careful not to perish in battle. You have otherworldly powers. Use them. Don’t waste them away and take them for granted. You must master what you have, and become adept in all your powers and abilities.”

”But is there anyway to get rid of the curse?”

”Yes. But you cannot do it by yourself. You must figure out how to rid yourself of the curse, or learn to live with it. I am not here to fix whatever mess you cause or get yourself into. I am only here to guide you until you know enough so you are no longer a child. Now go. And bring Chthon back to me soon.”

“And Blaze?”

”I think you’ve caused him enough Hell for now. He will lie in the bed he has made. He may be more persuadable when you meet with him next.”

”Yes, father.”

Blackheart disappears in the familiar cloud of black smoke. Mephistopheles watches and lets out a large sigh.

“The boy has much potential, but he refuses to use it to its fullest. He is so ignorant and naïve. I can only make sure his trials are frightful enough so he learns all he must, and one day gets to be like me.”

Mephistopheles leans back, and watches as the fires around him grow, and the sound of millions of souls cries out in agony and pain.

zdandmanjc8.jpg

FLINT MARKO: THE SANDMAN
Season III - Part 43

"You sir, are what they call a glutton for punishment."

Hammerhead stood over Flint's mangled body; a blowtorch in his hand.

"I wonder why you're doing it... is it because you love your little freak boyfriend and you wanna keep him alive? Or is it because you wanna see what's in this little folder over here?"

Flint had been untied hours ago. Since he could no longer walk, there was no reason to keep him bound.

"Alright. The pliers didn't work. I gotta give ya credit... I really thought they would... but we're moving on to bigger and better things. Like this here blowtorch."

A dazzling blue flame erupted from the end of the torch as Hammerhead rolled Flint over with his boot.

"Now... the choice is yours. Left eye, or right eye?"

"Eat... eat sh..."

"Hmmm... don't have the energy anymore? I guess we'll go with the right one then."

As Hammerhead pressed the flame against Flint's eye, he was surprised that there were no screams. For a moment he was worried he'd killed his prey. He quickly shut off the torch and looked at his victim. Flint's right eye and skin around it seemed to have turned to glass.

"What the...?"

Hammerhead turned around and set the blowtorch down on the table. He looked at the metal tray that he'd put Flint's teeth on. The tray was now covered in sand.

"What's goin' on here, freak? You messin' with my mind? You some kinda tele... hypno... whatchamacallit?"

Flint did not reply. His body lay motionless on the floor. Hammerhead grabbed him by the collar of his shirt. He was shocked to see Flint's face back to normal. No glass... no blood... no broken bones...

"That's it! Get outta my brain, freak!"

Hammerhead reared back and headbutted Flint as hard as he could. He was taken aback when Flint's head exploded in a cloud of sand. Hammerhead gagged on the swirling dust. By the time he could see once more, Flint hovered in the air in front of him. Half man... half sandstorm...

"Holy mother of..."

Hammerhead drew a gun from his back and emptied the cartridge into Flint. The bullets poked holes in the wall behind him.

zsbke3.jpg

"You are in so much trouble... you have no idea..."

HAMMERHEAD

"You gotta be kiddin'"

This god, damn piece of **** freak.

"HERMAN!"

A blast manages to beat him back a bit before he charges into me, but he picks himself up and comes at me again.

"How the heck am I supposed to beat down a sandbox? Being attacked by frickin' kitty litter."

I grab the blowtorch, holding it out, flame licking towards him, some of his 'body' drops to the floor and shatters in glass, but not enough, he comes at me, too much to stop. The wall feels cold and rough against my back.

"If I'm the kitty litter, you know what that makes you?"

Whipping sounds of sand grating around the walls almost hisses. Shocker unleashed a couple of blasts to push this freak back some more.

"Mysterio, do something, NOW!"

Swirling light and black tendrils errupt from the smoke filling the room, yet cat box guy doesn't give a ****, the door splinters as he goes flying through it. Herman manages to keep him at bay with his blasts, but the sound of something big smashing it's way through the wall down the hall is not a good sign.

MAGNETO.jpg

Magneto was waiting patiently for the return of Blink, Mystique, and Longshot. When the large pink portal appeared in his chamber, he smiled slightly. Soon, the three mutants passed through the portal one by one. "Peice of cake." Blink threw a wink at Magneto.

"Thank you, my dear. I assume everything is going according to plan."

"We've got a problem, actually."

Magneto glared his vision. "Which is?"

"Its the Cajun. He's already affirmed that Rogue is working with us and claims he doesn't have any allegiances. He has already offered to help bring us down."

Magneto smiled. "Ah, my dear. Not to worry. The Cajun is simply playing the part I knew he would play."

"I don't understand, sir."

"Having Gambit there will only smooth the transition. Rogue and our little Jean will be easily accepted with Gambit running his mouth off. And Cyclops' heart will cloud his judgment as well."

He turned to Longshot. "Longshot, I can't tell you how much the Brotherhood owes you for you diligence at retrieving some of our most valuable members."

Longshot grunted.

"I know you and I do not see eye-to-eye, my brother, so I have a simple offer for you. This week, my Brotherhood will be charging the Triskelion and eradicating the Ultimates, with the X-Men right along side. I want you to lead that army. To be brief, I simply need your luck right now." He paused for a moment, turning to the scenery below. "When this is all over, I'll give you that little country of Genosha for you to do with what you please, as well as the rest of Africa."

Longshot looked over the blue Earth, considering the offer.

[BLACKOUT]LONGSHOT[/BLACKOUT]

"Hey. I've still got no money from you yet, why the hell should I even trust you yet?"

Flicking a coin between his fingers, the blond haired rogue was getting somewhat tired of being someone elses lackey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"