The unREAL DC Boards Lounge 6.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was said at once, they weren't acknowledging the Wolverine film, just the three X-Films (hell, the next Wolverine movie isn't even acknowledging it or anything). Might be wrong, though. I can understand the First Class part, though, since that would be preferable, but I don't see it as an entire reason of full out dismissal or anything.

Oh I haven't dimissed it or anything I just think that it's ******ed what they are doing. Personally I will go see it because of January and really I saw that scene were Magneto pulls the sub out of the water and was really just like "That looks ****ing cool." so yeah it piqued my interest but I'm going in with lower expectations due to some of the characters they picked and how they went about changing things.

how is that cool? clearly i'm missing something here. it looks like the same thing he always does to me, picking metal things up, putting metal things down

Well its a Submarine for one thing and he prolly pulled out of the water prolly depressurizing everything inside and such and it was very cool visual. SO yeah I thought it was cool.

Personally, I'm going to see the movie for Beast and McAvoy's ever-raised eyebrow.

Found this post in the X-Men First Class forums.

YouTube Stats:

1,241,076 views.
8,357 Likes
291 Dislikes

Considering its been out for less than 24 hours, its destroying every other superhero movie trailer based on views.

That really doesn't matter. If he can play a terrific Magneto he'll play one, even if the rest of the film around him is crap.

Him and January Jones are the three best reasons to watch First Class :up:

I'm all for XMFC, but even I wouldn't cite anything on Youtube to support my argument.

Well its a Submarine for one thing and he prolly pulled out of the water prolly depressurizing everything inside and such and it was very cool visual. SO yeah I thought it was cool.

Yeah, even if you don't see it as a cool little visual yourself, you must just be out of step not to understand how something like that that'd be fairly cool to most people. Well, most people who have any taste worth anything, anyway :word:

Personally, I'm going to see the movie for Beast and McAvoy's ever-raised eyebrow.

I hope whenever that sub comes up there's a big close up on the two doing a super raised brow.

Found this post in the X-Men First Class forums.

There's like 1.3 million views, but less that 10,000 actual likes :/

Last edited:
I'm all for XMFC, but even I wouldn't cite anything on Youtube to support my argument.

It shows one thing alot of fans on the internet like to ignore: General audience cares for X-Men and the movie franchise is popular.

Green Lantern, Thor and Captain America all need to get alot of promotion to get the general audience's interest and so forth. Captain America gained that in Superbowl.

Exactly. "Two years of the mundane" and then this guy comes along (*snickers*) and goes against the grain with a donkey.

What? Sheep not good enough for him..?

You crazy Australians :ninja:

Tron Bonne said:
I hope whenever that sub comes up there's a big close up on the two doing a super raised brow.

There eyebrows woll raise right off their heads

It can happen

I saw it happen once :awesome:

someone getting hit in the nuts on YouTube can get 1 million hits....2 girls 1 cup also had quite a lot of views

just because a lot of people watch it doesn't mean it's any good

Yeah, even if you don't see it as a cool little visual yourself, you must just be out of step not to understand how something like that that'd be fairly cool to most people. Well, most people who have any taste worth anything, anyway :word:
it's a static image:dry:

the same amount of work went into that as it would if he were lifting a toy version of the submarine. it's on par with a photo of a guy holding a 500lb house cat to me

someone getting hit in the nuts on YouTube can get 1 million hits....2 girls 1 cup also had quite a lot of views

just because a lot of people watch it doesn't mean it's any good

It shows people are interested and will go and see it, then they can see another great Matthew Vaughn movie. :hrt:

the same amount of work went into that as it would if he were lifting a toy version of the submarine. it's on par with a photo of a guy holding a 500lb house cat to me

lix, look I know we don't agree on basically anything and I try to keep in mind that you see the world in your own lixdexia viewpoint, which there's nothing wrong with or anything, and I always try to keep that in mind when replying to some of your more outlandish opinions and ideas and never try to bring any real offense or anything, but this is probably the single dumbest thing I've ever read.

Last edited:

I hear all your posts in the Douglas Reynholm voice now

It is pretty fab :up:

lix, look I know we don't agree on basically anything and I try to keep in mind that you see the world in your own lixdexia viewpoint, which there's nothing wrong with or anything, and I always try to keep that in mind when replying to some of your more outlandish opinions and idea and never try to bring any real offense or anything, but this is probably the single dumbest thing I've ever read.
how is that dumb? being underwhelmed by an impossible static image and then comparing it to another impossible static image? both make you go "oh, that's not quite right" and not much else.
I hear all your posts in the Douglas Reynholm voice now

It is pretty fab :up:
why would i care that you're from iran? it makes no difference to me

Im shifting down to ambivalent...ive never been a big Xmen fan so its not worth my ire

how is that dumb? being underwhelmed by an impossible static image and then comparing it to another impossible static image? both make you go "oh, that's not quite right" and not much else.

I don't know where you're at, but Godspeed in getting back.

Im shifting down to ambivalent...ive never been a big Xmen fan so its not worth my ire

You're a closet X-Men fan, aren't you?

no, Tron...not that either

I guess instead of getting mad at movies getting it wrong, I just get ambivalent....was mad at 'Green Lantern' for a couple days, but then drifted into ambivalent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"