The unREAL DC Boards Lounge 6.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
is is no point in making another x-men film. they've said their peace on the subject. this exists to make money, that's all.

Well, duh. What, you think you're some radical for thinking this? That's why all these movies exist and pretty much nothing else, from this to Cap to Thor to TDKR to Superman. Doesn't mean it can't have potential to be good.

"oh! lookit! he's lifting something again! i'm not sure my heart can take it as he moves something that was in one spot to another spot at a reasonable not particularly super speed! truly, this is the pinnacle of film!"
Yeah, because obviously saying something looks cool, and is cool, equates to this.

Nobody's getting "tricked" into making an X-Men movie... Fox are two films removed from X2... If he's a fan he'd have to know what way these recent films have been trending.

I'm sure Byrne, McAvoy & Frassbender will have a nice juicy paycheck from Fox so you shouldn't worry
Well in fairness the c-bomb isn't seen as heavy-handed or shocking in Britain or, by extension, Australia.

Buncha prudes, you lot... heh

Yeah we are a bunch of potty mouthes. I have to check my posts to see I have not sworn because it comes as easy to me as breathing.

Can we use British slang rude words? Be good to cut loose in the ole queens english

Well, duh. What, you think you're some radical for thinking this? That's why all these movies exist, from this to Cap to Thor to TDKR to Superman. Doesn't mean it can't have potential to be good.
for this movie, and really any from fox, that's exactly what it means

Yeah, because obviously saying something looks cool, and is cool, equates to this.
i keep forgetting you have no sense of humor.:csad:

Mcavoy and Byrne deserve so much better

I get that McAvoy is a fan, so he got tricked into it

Yeah they do, I get it's a paycheck and all that but damn.

Fassbender on the other hand I think could be a terrific Magneto....in a better movie.

Yes, I've already established First Class is terrible.

5 years ago Fassbender was playing a fallen Angel in that horrible British Buffy knock off Hex. I'm sure his happy to just be starring in movies like the rest of his Band Of Brothers co-stars

Fassbender on the other hand I think could be a terrific Magneto....in a better movie.

i don't think it'll be terrible, just really mediocre and it'll add nothing to the genre. except those costumes. those costumes are nice

That really doesn't matter. If he can play a terrific Magneto he'll play one, even if the rest of the film around him is crap.

:up:

same here...im putting all my hope eggs in Thor and Caps baskets

Thor is going to be epic, Cap will be a good film I think and Green Lantern will be good pop-corn fun(which it needs to be). XMFC will be that ambiguous film that everyone has mixed reviews on like TIH only I think TIH is ****ing amazing. Oh and I got bit by the ****ing Lost Bug.......i'm already 6 episodes in in one night.

Just out of curiosity, what is it about this film has made you guys hate it before there was as much as a photo of it? I'm not a supporter of it, or even all that interested in it honestly, but what has brought out the decision that this movie will be awful before anything about it was even known? Is it because of X3 and Wolverine?

so, great news!
i got notice the other day that some substantial student loans were in default, called them about it, got it consolidated with my other loans which are already going to be paid off thanks to a program i'm in. :D

Oh and I got bit by the ****ing Lost Bug.......i'm already 6 episodes in in one night.

Yeah, it's like a disease. I started watching Dexter for the first time 'bout a week ago and am already nearing the end of the first season.

Oh, forgot to mention what I came on here to say in the first place.

Finally, after more than two years of the mundane I came across a good 'un on the police dispatch system. An incident involving a pantsless man and a donkey.

I don't read the sentence "Donkey quite distressed and showed signs of being tampered with".

Made my year...

Just out of curiosity, what is it about this film has made you guys hate it before there was as much as a photo of it? I'm not a supporter of it, or even all that interested in it honestly, but what has brought out the decision that this movie will be awful before anything about it was even known? Is it because of X3 and Wolverine?

mostly....and Singers lackluster effort with Superman Returns

its a cornucopia of meh

Oh, forgot to mention what I came on here to say in the first place.

Finally, after more than two years of the mundane I came across a good 'un on the police dispatch system. An incident involving a pantsless man and a donkey.

I don't read the sentence "Donkey quite distressed and showed signs of being tampered with".

Made my year...
i thought you guys were sheep people out in adelaide?

i thought you guys were sheep people out in adelaide?

Exactly. "Two years of the mundane" and then this guy comes along (*snickers*) and goes against the grain with a donkey.

What? Sheep not good enough for him..?

For me it's the fact that it's called First Class but the only two people it really has from the actual "first class" are Xavier and Beast. I do not like that they are trying to establish it in the timeline of the other movies and Havok should not be, at least it appaears to be, older than Scott. I mean if this is in the 60's and I would say that Wolverine is in the 70's and scott showed up in that and so did Emma but then that doesnt make sense because Emma in Wolverine was young and now here she is all growed up and matured, played by the vastly superior looking and better acting January Jones albeit, only she grew up backwards. So I guess they must be ignoring the whole Wolverine movie but then is Havok older than Scott? I just don't like how they kinda ****ed with the timeline. I would have liked a new franchise just using the original class of Beast, Angel, Bobby, Cyke and Jean. Or just do a Magneto and Charles movie but include various mutants that they save and show there friendship go down the ****ter. I don't know.

we had a horse ****er up here in the northeast (nearby my town) and in upstate NY apparently there was a horse farm that was catering to horse ****ers

For me it's the fact that it's called First Class but the only two people it really has from the actual "first class" are Xavier and Beast. I do not like that they are trying to establish it in the timeline of the other movies and Havok should not be, at least it appaears to be, older than Scott. I mean if this is in the 60's and I would say that Wolverine is in the 70's and scott showed up in that and so did Emma but then that doesnt make sense because Emma in Wolverine was young and now here she is all growed up and matured, played by the vastly superior looking and better acting January Jones albeit, only she grew up backwards. So I guess they must be ignoring the whole Wolverine movie but then is Havok older than Scott? I just don't like how they kinda ****ed with the timeline. I would have liked a new franchise just using the original class of Beast, Angel, Bobby, Cyke and Jean. Or just do a Magneto and Charles movie but include various mutants that they save and show there friendship go down the ****ter. I don't know.

I thought it was said at once they weren't acknowledging the Wolverine film, just the three X-Films (hell, the next Wolverine movie isn't even acknowledging it or anything). Might be wrong, though. I can understand the First Class part, though, since that would be preferable, but I don't see it as an entire reason of full out dismissal or anything.

Last edited:

Pure ignorance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"