• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Venom The Venom positivity lounge

This is a dumb, placating idea. How about you folks just not talk about something you don't have any Hype for? Or if you want to hate fap about the movie, create a thread for that so you don't bother/ annoy/ troll other posters?

Past few weeks I've legitimately got hype for this flick. I hope it does well. I'm actually quite curious to see if Sony's "elseworlds" style universe can produce something entertaining.

The Instagram clip showing brief snippets of Riot/Venom duking it out look iffy as hell. That IGN clip of Tom's interview with Riz didn't look all too bad from dialogue standpoint, but that editing near the end...whew.

I'm afraid that apart from Venom's slimy effects nothing convinces me that this won't be a Suicide Squad-level disaster. What a contrast to Spiderverse, which looks visually captivating and utterly charming in presentation and writing.

I'm legitimately pumped for this movie. Can't wait to see Twitter reactions.

I'm so hyped. Cannot wait to see it and have a great time at the movies. Hardy looks like he is giving us straight up gold here

Compilation of the latest TV spots..

I believe these TV spots are really helping the movie, there used to be a lot of negative comments on youtube everytime a Venom related video was uploaded (no spiderman, not rated-R, Tom Hardy's accent.. you know, the usual) but now i see a lot of hype about it in the comments, seems ppl are really diggin Venom being a savage lol.

I'll be honest. I'm pretty pessimistic about the film but I am looking forward to seeing Hardy's performance and I like that we see the symbiote talking like in the current Venom run in the comics. Hopefully Venom himself will be entertaining to watch.

Okay, to be honest, the Spidey-fan/comic-purest in me cannot overcome my anger, but watching the trailers makes me want to give it a shot. My son said, "It does look kind of amazing". We will see. I have my brain trust of people, and I'll let them see it first and let me know. I'm going on opening night or anything, but I will eventually check it out. At LEAST they for the look of Venom about 89% right...just need a big, white spider in that chest area and to white patches on the hands...and a Spider to fight.

Also, to whoever said Spider-Verse looks amazing, I will say, "AMEN"! That is the film my household is looking forward to the most!

Okay, to be honest, the Spidey-fan/comic-purest in me cannot overcome my anger, but watching the trailers makes me want to give it a shot. My son said, "It does look kind of amazing". We will see. I have my brain trust of people, and I'll let them see it first and let me know. I'm going on opening night or anything, but I will eventually check it out. At LEAST they for the look of Venom about 89% right...just need a big, white spider in that chest area and to white patches on the hands...and a Spider to fight.

Also, to whoever said Spider-Verse looks amazing, I will say, "AMEN"! That is the film my household is looking forward to the most!

I'm with you about into the spider-verse. Pretty pumped to see Miles and Spider-Gwen

Well, I am positive that I am going to see it next week.

While I didn't really like or love the movie, I think it's getting incessantly trashed a tad.
IMHO, it's not quite the dumpster fire of say a Catwoman or this year's The Predator.

I thought Tom Hardy was fairly good, and I liked the interaction of Venom and Brock. I thought Venom looked cool when he was unleashed.

Here's the thing... why I'm satisfied by the trailer and why I'm optimistic about it, despite the Internet hatred.

Since the first day it was announced, I hoped that this would be NOTHING like a typical mainstream superhero movie or MCU pic. A "Venom" movie should be, in my opinion, akin to a bat****-crazy 1980s 'mainstream B-movie', such as Joe Dante's "Gremlins" flicks, Chuck Russell's "The Blob", Fred Dekker's "Night of the Creeps" and Sam Raimi's "Darkman" and "Evil Dead" sequels. Something with more of a 'cult-ish' feel, rather than today's overcalculated four-quadrant movies.

But it seems people these days feel the need for a 'safety net' when it comes to movies.

And that's pretty much the last thing I've got to say about it before I see the movie, which unfortunately won't be before the end of the month.

Quoting myself, as I think it fits in here pretty well.

While I didn't really like or love the movie, I think it's getting incessantly trashed a tad.
IMHO, it's not quite the dumpster fire of say a Catwoman or this year's The Predator.

I thought Tom Hardy was fairly good, and I liked the interaction of Venom and Brock. I thought Venom looked cool when he was unleashed.

NOTHING is the dumpster fire Catwoman In Name Only was. That being said, I think the film can be DECENT, but the decision to not involve Spider-Man nor the mega-successful MCU is kind of baffling.

As for positivity, I will say that the merchandise is incredible!! So much Venom goodness everywhere...and I have so little money for it! :(

To any Venom fan, it is fine, don't worry too much.
I read the '90s mini series while they were coming out and I was pleased with the movie.
It does not take itself seriously but manages the right tone, it could have been better but it is a good first step.

I read the '90s mini series while they were coming out and I was pleased with the movie.
It does not take itself seriously but manages the right tone, it could have been better but it is a good first step.
From what I've heard there's in interesting mix of horrible mainstream media reviews and positive fan and vlogger reviews. Reminds me of the Bright reviews. Booking my tickets for tomorrow. I've got pretty level expectations.

I read this as more or less "it's the thought that counts."
I mean, is it enough to unite the Venom fanbase? Is my question.
Or is this one of those BvS moments where it splits the Venom fanbase even further?

I read this as more or less "it's the thought that counts."
I mean, is it enough to unite the Venom fanbase? Is my question.
Or is this one of those BvS moments where it splits the Venom fanbase even further?

No, it is genuinely entertaining and more or less the best they could do with a Spider-man-less origin first movie.
Obviously some will not like it at all, that's the case with any movie though.
But we are talking about an alien symbiote who decapitates people by biting them, I'm a fan but I also think Venom is not a character that lends itself to serious story telling on film: on the pages of comics every tone or story is possible with the right creators, in live action there's no way around the cartoonishness of the character IMO.

My favorite versions are those drawn by McFarlane, Larsen and St. Pierre, that colours my preferences.

No, it is genuinely entertaining and more or less the best they could do with a Spider-man-less origin first movie.
Obviously some will not like it at all, that's the case with any movie though.
But we are talking about an alien symbiote who decapitates people by biting them, I'm a fan but I also think Venom is not a character that lends itself to serious story telling on film: on the pages of comics every tone or story is possible with the right creators, in live action there's no way around the cartoonishness of the character IMO.

My favorite versions are those drawn by McFarlane, Larsen and St. Pierre, that colours my preferences.
Thanks for you opinion. :) My favorite is McFarlane and Larsen, too!

Me and my family really enjoyed it, my family even more so than me. But I was thoroughly entertained throughout. It's bar**** crazy but fun as hell to watch.

I'm still really skeptical about Sony's other forays into Spidey villainy (Morbius/Silver and Black/etc). But I'm officially excited about Venom 2. I'm going to hold out hope that Spidey can join the sequel.

I don't mind that Spidey wasn't involved in Venom's origin. Nor that it's set on the west coast instead of east. I think it's a blessing in disguise compared to the huge coincidences seen in SM3. It's not too late to see black suit Spider-Man on screen either. Spidey and Venom vs Carnage will be so satisfying. I really hope Disney/Marvel doesnt end up being the spoil sports here. Interesting to hear myself saying that.

Regarding Brock, I love Hardy's portrayal. He's moderately dopey, a decent reporter, kind of a dick, but not a bad person. I'd love to see him interact with Tom Holland even if the age gap is pretty substantial.

As a final note, NO i would not sacrifice Holland's current future in the MCU to see him in the Venom sequel. But here's hoping we can have both!

I'm still really skeptical about Sony's other forays into Spidey villainy (Morbius/Silver and Black/etc). But I'm officially excited about Venom 2. I'm going to hold out hope that Spidey can join the sequel.

I don't mind that Spidey wasn't involved in Venom's origin. Nor that it's set on the west coast instead of east. I think it's a blessing in disguise compared to the huge coincidences seen in SM3. It's not too late to see black suit Spider-Man on screen either. Spidey and Venom vs Carnage will be so satisfying. I really hope Disney/Marvel doesnt end up being the spoil sports here. Interesting to hear myself saying that.

Regarding Brock, I love Hardy's portrayal. He's moderately dopey, a decent reporter, kind of a dick, but not a bad person. I'd love to see him interact with Tom Holland even if the age gap is pretty substantial.

As a final note, NO i would not sacrifice Holland's current future in the MCU to see him in the Venom sequel. But here's hoping we can have both!

Yeah I liked they made him a bit of an A-hole rather than a complete goody two shoes. It makes more sense as to why he'd sometimes give in to his darker impulses and let the symbiote eat people. The scene where he doesn't help the convenience store lady who's getting robbed and the scene where he's telling Dr. Skirth he doesn't care about the shady stuff Carlton Drake is doing anymore because going too hard after Drake ruined his life both gave some good characterization. Heck he only contacted Dr. Skirth and snuck into the lab in the end because his ex-girlfriend rejected him and he really had nothing better to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"