Arrow The Vertigo Thread!

HighFivingMF

Welp.
Reaction score
tumblr_lzona6a0Ez1r7imrpo1_500.jpg

Don’t look down, because sources tell TVLine exclusively that the latest DC Comics Universe villain coming to Arrow is none other than… Vertigo! However, we hear that the character will be very different from the Vlatavan count in the comics — so much so that he’s likely even getting a new name. On the other hand, the deadly new drug that becomes all the rage in Starling City in the Big Bad’s introductory episode (set to air in early 2013) will be called Vertigo! Dizzy yet? Odds are, Not-Vertigo’s superpower — the ability to disorient and unbalance his victims — will remain intact. (Dare I suggest “That Second Martini” as an alternate moniker?) However, he’s not just going to be an effective evildoer, he’s going to be a downright terrifying one.

“He will be truly scary and nightmarish,” previews a source, who declares him “Oliver’s deadliest adversary to date.” The new heavy is just the latest in an increasingly long list of DC characters who’ve passed through the CW hit in its freshman season. The others: Firefly, Deadshot, China White, Deathstroke and The Huntress.

http://tvline.com/2012/11/06/arrow-spoilers-season-1-vertigo/

So they're not gonna call him Vertigo?:whatever:

Dare I say,from the discription it sounds like Arrow's Scarecrow.:woot:

This isnt surprising at all, it was only a matter of time. Im not liking the idea of drastically changing him but Im open to their interpretation theyve done a decent job on everything so far except for the Royal Flush Gang ugh

Not surprised. He was one of the villains that I expected to be changed drastically. I thought they would stick with the eye-piece as technology and not some metahuman gene.

He does have a lot of potential as a villain so I welcome the change.

Those who wanted unrealistic elements and superpowers might get to see it within the context of warped realities and dream sequences due to the drugs.

Remember this:

begins304.jpg

I hope he gets the name Vertigo, I don't mind him not been Count Werner Vertigo as long as the villains alias is Vertigo. I do worry they might do what Smallville dd and do a recon in later seasons when they introduce the more traditional version of that character I.e. Dr Hamilton, Kara (Supergirl), etc.

Not against the changes themselves using a drug etc infact I think it could work very well.

Random question for Green Arrow comic readers, what are the good Green Arrow/Count Vertigo graphic novels? If any?

Last edited:
Count Vertigo is a rich slightly older playboy from some European country comes to Starling City and brings an ecstasy type drug that's all the rage in the clubs and streets. When Speedy/Thea almost o.d.'s on the drug Ollie springs to action and confronts his old friend, whom he learns is the drug lord and criminal Count Vertigo.

tumblr_mcfn55lP3i1qir5yao4_250.jpg

This guy, Seth Gabel, has been cast as Vertigo-Inspired Villain. He's on Fringe, which I haven't seen yet. But based on Sawyer's enthusiasm, I'll assume this is a good choice.

Fringe is a good show, but he must have come in the later seasons as I've only seen the first two I believe. I do remember him from Nip/Tuck, he was good in that though.

I was a fan of Seth Gabel on Fringe. He's had the challenge of playing alternate universe doppelgangers and played both somewhat convincingly(one with a meek personality and the other one being confident and headstrong).

Definitely Arrow's 'Scarcrow.' I'm seen him on Law and Order SVU, he's very much like Cillian Murphy, even voice-wise.

Shouldn't this be renamed The (Not Really) Vertigo Thread?

In this case I couldn't help myself, I saw the thread title and had to go for it.

I am wondering if he's not actually Count Vertigo but maybe so done who works for him pushing the drug.

Wouldn't be a bad idea. He could be someone using Arrow's (darn it now I'm not even calling him GA lol) reputation to push drugs on people.

I'm sure they will retcon in some way later on if needed.

So what your saying is they are bringing in Count Vertigo, but changing his character and name and not even call him Count or Vertigo? So what's his name John Doe?

I think they will, I have to admit I'm worried this show will do a fair few retcons later on down the line

Honestly, I think thats why they chose GA in the first place to adapt to tv. He is known to fans but doesn't have that many that could cause an uproar when they change things. It sucks for those who are big fans of Green Arrow comics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"